It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams really memories of past lives?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I never thought of this before but last night I dreamed I was running through a warehouse escaping people trying to get me for tresspassing. That isn't a big deal. What is really weird though is that in my dream while hiding I had memories of sneaking into this place before and thought to myself in the dream "damn im sneaky."

None of my dreams are interactive, either. Its mostly like im remembering something extremely vividly and watching it play out.

Could it be possible that some dreams are really memories of past lives? Or maybe its you viewing "you" in an alternate reality/universe?

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"I" must exist in some rather bizarre, deranged alternate universes...

I sometimes have memories of things that happen before and lead up to the event taking place in my dream. Usually, however, they aren't realistic like yours, but quite bizarre. I don't think they're memories of past lives. Maybe you've just been playing too much Metal Gear Solid... or Splinter Cell.

[Edited on 2/21/2004 by CarrierAnomaly]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, who knows what goes on in alternate realities. Things might have happened different and evolved differently so it would seem weird.

But you're right, it could and probably is just a dream, but I felt I'd throw this topic out there for discussion.

And btw, i wasn't saying all dreams are, but only some.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well its not past life so it could be you viewing "you" in an alternate reality / universe or you could see the future in your dreams. Personally i have one of them was my mom's friend telling me not to do drugs ( not that i ever did )

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How about its your thoughts in your subconcious being played out influenced by all the video games you play, the TV you watch and the books your read? Eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

How about its your thoughts in your subconcious being played out influenced by all the video games you play, the TV you watch and the books your read? Eh?

It probably is that, but if we take what "probably is" for "fact" everytime, we won't progress very far, now will we?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't know abou t you guys, but my dreams are just a replay of what happened the day before or my desires.

For example, today I dreamt of being in a cricket match, yesterday I saw a cricket movie.

It could be memories of past live, because I could have played cricket in my past life. It is impossible, not probable.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall

What about the rest of us who don't watch TV, play videogames rarely, and spend most of our 'spare time' either meditating or #ing? About 70% of the time, I'm capable of zeroing my mind down to no thought, whether I'm awake or asleep, going so far to stop a dream in progress, or consciously take control of it. What about the rare few dreams that still slip through and a person with good mind control can't control?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
so in my past life/an alternate me always gets lost in an unknown area, yells all the time, and dies/kills people?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I didn't say all dreams are past lives/alternate realities...only a very select few.

And hey its just a theory, one I don't really believe myself, but just an idea.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The past couple of nights Ive been going to bed really early and I have been dreaming when I usually dont normally remember dreaming. Now I know that my lack of dreams stem from missing sleep but lately Ive noticed a real strange trend. From Monday to Thursday I took two tylenol cold before I went to sleep and on all three nights I woke up saying or yelling something but I dont know what and then having little or no recollection of my dream at all. Then last night I didnt take any medicine and I didnt yell and I was able to remember all of my dream. On the topic of dreams being memories of past lives I cannot discount or encourage it but I have experienced dreaming of something and then seeing a simmilar event in the next couple of days. Maybe I just want to believe they are linked but I dont believe in coincedence.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Dreams are simply unprocessed data from the day.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hmmm I and why do you say that?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Because they just are
you may have more dreams or more memorable dreams when something is on your mind because you cant deal with it or when you become free and accept things you may have none.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If that's the case, I'm really pissed off because I'm #ing Penelope Cruz in a another dimension

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Can be past-life memories of thoughts that remain buried in your unconscious or subconscious mind, past-lives can be yours or generations behind you. A past life can also be a [past] time (in this life) where one may have chosen to shut down their mind/brain due to some trauma/etc.. *according to the person* hence again it becomes buried in your subconscious and may resurface/play out through dreams.

History is somewhere many of us would rather be because some feel the end is nigh, so watching history or reading it or even discussing it can leave a very strong impression within our minds which might bring forth dreams of being in a certain place and time as a way to escape this place and time.

I have other thoughts and theories about past-life/reincarnation but I won't go into here and now..

Dream Away..
Mags

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Always possibilities. Dreams are usually considers past memories that affect us. Think of it this way. It's our brains way of throwing up memory and reading over them during REM time. It is definately a unknown.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Dreams are our past, present and future. People chasing you in your dreams cause they feel you are trespassing only means you are running away from something you are being accused of instead of dealing with it. This routine has become familar with you by hiding in a place you are comfort with, you keep running away from whatever this problem is cause you keep getting away with it. If you face whatever this is you're running from then the dream should resolve.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have a question about reincarnation. Why is it that people are always (I've never heard otherwise) reincarnated as creatures on Earth, and not like aliens or something? Do our souls just like it here, so we prefer to stick around? If that is so, then what will our souls do when the earth is eventually destroyed? What about when the universe eventually runs out of energy? Or humans going extinct?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
ive had dreams about taking out the trash, washing the dishes. Then sure enough i end up doing those things. i have a boring life

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join