It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China baffles world with mystery bomber?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
For any one who is interested. China is still making new H-6 bombers

Designing a new cockpit

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think that is the version I am referring to. The engines are not underslung like the report said but those enlarged intakes do seem to be feeding big fan engines and with the modern cockpit and redesigned nose this must be what I had in mind.

From what I had previously read on this project I was under the impression that this now carried the designation H-8, if that is not the case then I was wrong, so maybe the info I had was a cover story? Now I'm thinking.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I found a little bit about the H-6K that first flew last year. They replaced the engines with D-30s apparently, as well as a bigger nose for a better search radar, FLIR, 6 underwing stations, and redesigned cockpit. They also used composites to make it lighter. The combination of new engines and lighter weight give it about a 30% range increase. It was designed as a cruise missile carrier.

The H-6K seems to match up rather nicely with the pictures that Chinawhite posted. I'd say that's what we're seeing.

There are also rumors of a stealth bomber being developed at one of their institutes, but nothing concrete. As well as an AC-130 type aircraft based on the Y-8.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The H-6K seems to match up rather nicely with the pictures that Chinawhite posted.

First H-16 to get a solid nose, but the aircraft could be used for other purposes like a tanker

As well as an AC-130 type aircraft based on the Y-8.

I think you might be referring to the Y-9
www.sinodefence.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join