It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my orb photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
About 2 weeks ago i got a new nikon D40 so i decided i would go down to my loval socerfield stand out in the middles and see what i could photograph using long exposure, anyway me being the idiot i am forgot to take the flash off on my test shot before i went out to the middle (i was near a light setting up and didnt want to take a bad photo and have to walk back to change it) and the picture is full of orbs nothing fancy just a photo for reference really, one night next weekend ill head back down and see if i cant get moe, and if i can ill put them up here

DSC_0073.JPG

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'd be more concerned with the two lights in the upper left of the image if I were you. What are those?

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I want to see but, if I'm correct I am supposed to download this?
Last time I did that all the files were corrupt!
Is there a way that you might could post it from photobucket for me, thankx?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I'd be more concerned with the two lights in the upper left of the image if I were you. What are those?

TheBorg

For some reason i didn't notice those, good catch.
Orbs and Ufos in 1 picture

[edit on 17-3-2008 by ivzm]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

im over my download limit right now but ill photobucket them at tafe tomorro.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
O.K as I promised here is the photo on photobucket and a long exposure taken seconds later from more or less the exact same spot. I'll try and get down there to try and take more photos tonight (Australian time).

Photo with orbs.

Long exposure for comparison.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Those "orbs" are just out of focus dust or some other particulate in the air. It's reflecting light from the camera flash. This is completely normal and to be expected.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neiby

I'm no expert on the matter but it was a very still night, little to no breaze and heavily vegetated i.e not a lot of loose dirt to be blowing around.

Even if its dust care to explain the lights in the top left corner?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
reply to post by Neiby

I'm no expert on the matter but it was a very still night, little to no breaze and heavily vegetated i.e not a lot of loose dirt to be blowing around.

Even if its dust care to explain the lights in the top left corner?

I have no idea what those other two lights are. I wasn't there and the photo isn't good enough to tell.

It doesn't matter if there is a lot of visible dust in the air or not. I've researched this a LOT. I've checked with photographic experts who explained exactly what is happening. I'm 100% positive that the "orbs" in the picture--the out of focus ones toward the right side--are nothing more than particulates reflecting light from the flash. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If we had more pictures under slightly better conditions, perhaps I could tell you what those other two lights were. As of now, they just look like bright spots. Given how dark the sky is in that picture, I'd say the exposure wasn't set properly to capture the sky clearly, especially considering the amount of light thrown onto the ground from the flash. All that means is that the two lights you see in the picture just happen to be the two brightest lights at the time. Maybe they're the two brightest stars or planets in view at the moment. Maybe they're from aircraft. There simply is no way to tell from that single picture.

The second picture may help clear things up. One of the lights seems to be in a similar position. My guess is that it is a planet or a bright star that happened to be in view. The second light has moved, which suggests that it was some sort of aircraft.

If we knew the precise location where these pictures were taken and the direction they were taken in, we could easily determine what stars and planets might have been in the picture.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Neiby]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The pictures were taken in Brisbane Australia and facing just off north slightly northwest. Sorry i cant get exact co-ordinance.

As for the settings they probably were off since i was in auto mode, i just got the cam so not really proficient with it yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I would also say dust or moisture

top topics

join