It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey..What's your favorite internet news site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Also, I like Alan Watt

cuttingthroughthematrix.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Actually the only place online that i really get my news is ATS.

I find a lot of good news reporting right here on ATS. And they have discussion and opinions about it also. What could anyone else need? ;-=P

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I read everything, but try to filter out the bull by reading between the lines and taking political agendas, ties, and bias into account. In all honesty though, all in all I find ATS to be the best consolidated source for links to news that I wouldn't find elsewhere. Not all of it seems credible, but enough of it does that without ATS I'd be missing a lot.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Someone posted Christian Science Monitor That is a terrific source and well respected with minimal political slant. Someone else said Drudge and a few others, but we have remember many of these are politically right wing, just as some of my favorite sites I must admit are more left wing, such as Salon.com. Some are so right wing you might as well just go to the GOP website itself for the latest news and talking points (I'm kidding of course). In terms of talk radio, most of it is very conservative; I'm a big lover of talk radio and am fortunate to live in a market that gets Air America Radio so there is at least some balance...I do listen to both, but get bored to tears with it especially the right winger ones who are all saying nearly word for word the same thing...some days you can read the talking points on the Republican party web site, and then tune into these guys on talk radio and they are parrot chirping it almost completely...what a way to make your money eh?

If you guys enjoy print, I have enjoyed "The Week". It provides a summery of news from around the world and tries to present both sides of current event issues by taking from liberal and conservative papers...

Being the good little heart blead that I am, I also take Rolling Stone, Mother Jones, The Nation, and a few others...I do think Mother Jones has really improved more these last few years in terms of excellent in depth investigative journalism, and of course The Nation doesn't rely on corporate advertising revenue and so at least in theory isn't filtering it's information through the watchfull and preying eyes of the client's it relies on for support.

BBC, PBS, for TV news...I still watch the networks, but every time I do I'm left feeling depressed, pessimistic, and in general pissed off, first that I wasted that half hour watching such garbage, and next the realisation that so many people in America are watching that for their main source of news and believe that to be what is real...yet, I still find myself wanting to watch, I guess hoping that some day they will do a real half hour of actual news...sometimes if I'm lucky I will get a minute or two, maybe, of actual good news, but I can't even remember the last time they did that when covering the dog and pony show...

My local newspaper sucks too, but I find myself buying it usually on Sundays, and leave feeling much like I do following a half hour with network news...I cancelled my subscription several years ago, and the paper is even worse now than then and that's been after a massive makeover...

Someone else said "fark" that's fun. I used to look at Rense, but that's increadibly bias; yeah there's some good stuff in there, but it is heavily seasoned in right wing and libertarianism and I find it irritates me, so I have quit going to Rense.

I think what we are seeing is a fragmentation in the market, where people who gravitate towards various ideologies now go and get their news from sources that are also of that ideology. I think that's why a guy I know loves fox news so much...it always has the talk shows dominated by conservatives, and Ann Coulter is on a lot...he feels at home there so he watches that channel and nothing else. His sense of reality is so distorted. When you talk to him, it's just like you spent an hour or so yesterday glued to the tube with fox on...that's why I don't talk politics with him, when I have, it sounds just like FOX and the right wing radio guys and I mean they sound so similar it's almost scary...

SOrry my post is so long winded...just my 2 cents worth. I've enjoyed this thread and that other one too...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I like The Guardian, Le Monde and of course, ATS.

Also, I like to check out Znet for analysis after a major event.

[edit on 17/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
BBC News. Im not sure if ive been indoctrinated already or not, but the coverage seems fairly neutral.

An odd thing about BBC News is that the editors and writers of the content are left-leaning, and the people making the comments on the "Have your say" segments are ultra-right wing. Makes for an interesting balance.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I tend to keep off the mainstream news sites, away from all the celebrity gossip and government sanctioned stories.

My favourites have to be ATS, for it's news and discussion WhatReallyHappened.com and, for the political news from across the pond I always take a look at oldamericancentury.org.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
www.infowars.com

www.prisonplanet.com

www.whatreallyhappened.com

www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com

www.digg.com

[edit on 17-3-2008 by freight tomsen]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I go for CNN, BBC and New york times... and Weather.com
for other type of news I go to ATS, UFO digest...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I use commondreams.org, wikinews (crap), mynews from yahoo, and BBC News for TV. It's almost impossible to find left wing news. The local paper is right wing even in an overhwemingly left wing area. Global News is now right wing after Canada West bought them out (Canwest owns the local paper too). CBC is pretty neutral. But tends to back the government whoever they are. TVO is pretty left wing but always provides a forum for all sides. I wish there were more of an oppositional press in North America.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Al-jazeera's good for world news.
Al-Jazeera
However it doesn't offer very localised news, only continents.
I'd highly recommend it, along with the al-jazeera channel aswell.
They also provide good documentaries and shows aswell which is a bonus.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I get mine from www.truthout.org...

They collect the headlines from all over the net and shift away the crap before they bring it to you.

Only minor disadvantage, itøs a few hours old when it gets to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I usually start with my RoadRunner homepage then to my local hometown paper. After that, it's on to CNN,Drudge and MSNBC. If I'm really in the mood for outlandish stuff, Rense has that and also some really good stuff at times. Fark is also worth a trip.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
For news, anything from the local newspapers, to the national newspapers.
(online versions)

Since i`m always up2date with the regular news, i take some time, reading, and enjoying the irregular news;
www.theanomalist.com, and www.forteantimes.com

I find Pravda very amusing from time to time. Usually as i timekiller

[edit on 28-3-2008 by sweetalker]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join