It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If: Ultimate control of WWW....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey you guys, I've been wondering what the NWO would do about controling info across borderlines of the WWW. I'm not very adapt on a pc, knowing which buttons to push...when it comes to shove, so to speak. Can anybody tell me if people in China, has blacked out sites or is it still free for all for now. My sincere apologies if this is old news..

Anyway Live long and prosper..

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1siouxbrave

Hey 1sioux

As far as I remember, the Chinese government still has ISP's heavily censor content they may find "undesirable"...

As far as one entity or group of people being able to control what every internet user on the planet sees or does not see, I think we're safe, for now at lease

The Net has become such an overgrown beast, I'm sure the original designers of that DARPA network would be amazed....

Its got to the point it has become SO decentralised (apart from the Nameservers, and even these are spread around the world), its nigh on impossible for any one organisation to control what users on its network(s) can see accept within a fairly small geography (say on a national basis, and that isn't even a certainty)

Like I said, I'm fairly sure we'll be able to see what we want to see on the Net, one way or another at least in the medium term (couple of years)

Peace

new topics

join