It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No country for old McCain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The guy can barely walk straight and he wants to be president? He also has hearing problems and gets irritated at everything. Just like old people do. The US is no country for old McCain. And we don't want another psycho running around shooting people, as we saw in the movie. Old men like him should retire, get some donuts and watch television on his living room. And don't forget the diapers.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So much for the content of one's ideas.

While I wouldn't vote for McCain, I really don't think your reasoning is very sound. Age is a benefit as well as a detriment, much in the same (albeit inversely proportional) to youth.

I don't think he's right man (or any of them at this point), but your point lacks intellectual responsibility.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Doesn't ANYBODY vote off of what the person's views are anymore?

Or have we as a nation decided that age, gender, or race is the most important factor.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Do you work hard to be such an insulting twit, or is it a natural talent?

In case it's escaped your notice, the man has a past that would have killed most of us. His injuries incurred over Vietnam never healed properly, which accounts for his noticable physical issues.

Franklin Roosevelt ran a country in a time of crisis far worse than our current one from a wheelchair. He had polio, was there no country for him? Many other Presidents suffured from various physical impairments that didn't keep them from being effective Presidents.

Try looking at where the man stands on issues, alongside of his opponants. Say something about that, instead of meaningless insults. I don't like the man, I think he has many unanswered questions in his past, specifically his conduct as a POW. I don't know that he was a collaborator or not, but I would like to see him answer those questions...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Look, Jedi, not all old people are like McCain. True, true we get more irritated; heck, Life gets shorter as you get older, and since, if we're lucky, we've already experienced Life's foolishness, we get wiser.

That said, IMO the Republican Party having McCain as their candidate is like the Academy Awards giving a Lifetime Achievement Award to an aged/ready to kick the bucket actor. The RP knows it can't regain the presidency this time around, so let him run. Hey, some (a few) may feel that after what Bush did to him in South Carolina 2004, let him run, no hard feelings.

Even Bush flip-flopped on helping McCain, offering all to no help, depending on what was asked. A good colleague of mine says he's gong to "hold his nose" and vote for him, because he's Republican. And then there's the RP "base" influential talk shows, who could'nt stand him.

There's more than physical hearing loss; Bush&Co refused to hear the American people.

Hey, Jedi, diapers can come in handy when watching a 3 hour movie on tv while drinking a lot of beer.
You young whippersnappers!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
In case it's escaped your notice, the man has a past that would have killed most of us. His injuries incurred over Vietnam never healed properly, which accounts for his noticable physical issues.

Sorry, but do we really need a guy who should be in the hospital to run the country? sorry. no. I know the guy served in vietnam, but then again that was a mickey mouse war.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Sorry, but do we really need a guy who should be in the hospital to run the country? sorry. no. I know the guy served in vietnam, but then again that was a mickey mouse war.

Well, certainly am glad you corrected the ineptitude of your first post. The scales of intellectual respectability around here are now re-balanced.

Might age be a problem? Sure, but if it is, you might be more concerned with who he selects as Vice, or the fact that his ideas are pretty much straight out of the Democratic party (aside from serious warhawkery - made up word but I like it).

Your point is pretty much DOA. Advise, take some time, think out complete ideas, maybe even test them out in MS Word first, and most of all, Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
In case it's escaped your notice, the man has a past that would have killed most of us. His injuries incurred over Vietnam never healed properly, which accounts for his noticeable physical issues.

Sorry, but do we really need a guy who should be in the hospital to run the country? sorry. no. I know the guy served in Vietnam, but then again that was a mickey mouse war.

"Mickey Mouse"? How nice of you to insult an entire generation of people both here in the United States and in the country of Vietnam. Well done.

I'm sure you are a physical marvel with no issues what so ever (aside from your seemingly constant need to insult an old man), so try cutting a little slack to those who aren't so blessed as you.

Try giving a legitimate reason for not voting for McCain, I'm sure if you give it a little effort you can come up with one. At least make an attempt. Mocking his age and physical infirmities isn't the way to go. It makes you look more than a little foolish.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow! And just when I thought jedimiller couldn't possibly stoop any lower!

I would normally be worried about someone spreading this kind of ignorance around here jedi.

However, I really don't think there is a member left here who lends a shred of credibility to anything you say.

I only read your threads for a little comic relief myself.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Old men like him ...

Your entire post is pure ageism. It's vile.

McCain is capable of doing the job... whereas many who are much younger than him aren't.

vietnam, but then again that was a mickey mouse war.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of dead and wounded, and those still suffering from Agent Orange, etc. This statement of yours is also vile.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Wow! And just when I thought jedimiller couldn't possibly stoop any lower!

We try. The reference to the mickey mouse war..Well, that comes from the film Full Metal Jacket. Where in the end, they sing the mickey mouse song. Apparently, Stanley Kubrick felt the same way about the vietnam war. It was a children's war.

On topic. I knew republicans would flame me over this. They fear change. Oh well, what you gonna do?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

McCain is capable of doing the job

Yeah, he is totally capable...

that is, if we want another Bush in the White House...

or a perpetual war...

or maybe even, a bingo game.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

On topic. I knew republicans would flame me over this. They fear change. Oh well, what you gonna do?

Don't act like a victim when you come onto a message board, the motto of which is "Deny Ignorance", and post something with no real foundation, only to then not defend your ideas with clear reason or support, THEN to act like we are ganging up on poor ol' you.

Take this for what it is, many people who care about rational conversation telling you that you put little, if anything, into your posts. Learn from this, or don't. Your call, but I'd advise it because you sound like one of the following: a troll; someone who is unaccustomed to debate with structure or basis, someone who is unwilling to learn or share ideas, or simply someone that isn't terribly mature.

No offense in that, only how I see the situation.

I am no Republican, nor do I give two craps about McCain (and wouldn't vote for him, period). Don't pigeonhole us with lame labels, mainly because you'll rarely be even moderately right when you do.

You can feel free to have a discussion about why you feel the way you do, and I, for one, would be happy to have a rational conversation about it. Or, you can continue to float in mediocrity.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Poor little you...

It must be tough to be asked to provide some evidence other than snide little comments regarding his age and some physical impairments resulting from his Vietnam War injuries. Once again, why is he unsuitable to be President again?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Dinosaur McCain is doing his job already even when he is not the president yet.

He is helping sell America to foreign interest at the cost of American jobs and that is not his concern either.

$40 Billion Dollar U.S. Air Force Contract Awarded To France

www.economyincrisis.org...

new topics

join