It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is ats being hached/subverted from within or ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Maybe they should think about their FoodCity, Kroger or Bi-Lo value card. Now they know where you shop for food and what you eat

Good post. You're right. I forgot the grocery club cards.
I remember the first time we used one, oh about 10 years ago. I had some indigestion, because I love hot foods, and had a big bowl of really hot chili. Anyway, I went to the grocery store, and bought some Maalox or some antacid. Anyway, within two weeks, I was flooded with junk mail trying to get me to go to go to the doctor and have him prescribe every antacid pill on the market at the time. That was it. I never used the card again. We got "throw away" club cards to get the discount, no real name and address used.
It's also a reason that I won't use the Easy passes. I've learned to try to use cash whenever possible, because it's nobodies business what we buy or where we eat.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is a great site. It's great to hear what people from around the world think, and what concerns them. One thing I found, is that people are pretty much the same all over. They all want what is best for their families and countries.
If that is a crime, then they can come and get me, and everyone else here.
FDR put it well 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Really? On what do you base such an assumption? I've been busting my own butt (and pulling hair and suffering sleepless nights) for several years to maintain this site (not to mention over-stressing several credit cards in the process).

Thank you for responding.

I base these deductions on the fact that since the 1950s, the CIA has run every aspect of the "culture industry" including music, magazines, television, radio (even shortwave), etc. This was released in the last big wave of declassification. We also know that the Rand Corporation and the Standford Research Institute created and gave us the internet, and I think the counterintelligence activity that goes on throughout the web is obvious to anyone with any bit of a brain.

I see that the site is filled with all manner of New Age propaganda, mixing it with truths and making it all into some bizarre fantasy, where reality is indistinguishable from nonsense.

Like I say, not every site that is promoting the New Age and the Alien agenda is necessarily run by the CIA. I tend to believe that all the big ones, such as this, likely are. Still, if you are serving their agenda, it is easier for them if you are not actually employed by them.

You seem a friendly gentleman, and none of this is personal, though I hope that goes without saying.

Yes. We advertised on Coast To Coast AM for three months. There have indeed been other advertisers with websites, or advertisers that are Internet businesses advertising on that show quite often. Are you implying that they're all "created and maintained by intelligence agencies?"

Well, Coast to Coast certainly was created and is maintained by the intelligence agencies. Anyone familiar with the old Art Bell Show knows this well enough. He was a very high Freemason, who constantly diverted people into aliens and the New Age religion, while covering up what was actually happening. Noory is much slicker, to say nothing of the fact he is infinitely more personable, but he is doing the same thing, and obviously is smart enough to know what he is doing.

That is not the issue here, but as it seems to go without saying that the top "conspiracy" radio program would be run by the intelligence agencies, I think the same logic can be applied to it's internet counterpart.

Since you have chosen to dialog with me, for which, again, I am immensely appreciative, let me just speak frankly.

You are obviously intelligent, as the design and marketing of this site is brilliant. You obviously understand what is going on in the world presently, and understand that is has nothing to do with the "alien agenda" or 2012. You understand that we are experiencing the biggest changes the human race has ever seen, and that we need to keep ourselves grounded if we want to have any hope of coming through this.

This means there are really only two possibilities. Either

a.) you are employed by an intelligence agency, or

b.) you are knowingly making money by driving people to delusion and psychosis, as the world burns.

You are claiming that you are not an intelligence asset, correct? Would you care to share with us what oaths you have sworn to what societies or brotherhoods?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wilsonfrisk

I base these deductions on the fact that since the 1950s, the CIA has run every aspect of the "culture industry" including music, magazines, television, radio (even shortwave), etc.

Do you have anything to back up such a broad sweeping statement?

Gee, I must have missed something. First, you accuse this site of being loaded with conspiracy theorists, loonies, whatever, and then you make statements like that, along with statements like this:

You are claiming that you are not an intelligence asset, correct? Would you care to share with us what oaths you have sworn to what societies or brotherhoods?

Tell me again, who seems to be the one that has gone off the deep end here?

We also know that the Rand Corporation and the Standford Research Institute created and gave us the internet

And by the way, Tim Berners-Lee, a fine English gentleman, invented the internet while a student at CERN. You should study more history lessons, and believe less of what you hear in rag sheets. Here at ATS, we debunk statements like yours.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I base these deductions on the fact that since the 1950s, the CIA has run every aspect of the "culture industry" including music, magazines, television, radio (even shortwave), etc.

Do you have anything to back up such a broad sweeping statement?

Yes, as I stated, it was released in the latest wave of declassification on the CIA. Remember when they told you in the newspapers there was new information on the CIA's involvement in Cuba?

You can send for all of this. It will cost you a bit. I will at some point scan some of the pertinent documents and post them, though I would be very surprised if some internet user has not already done so

We also know that the Rand Corporation and the Standford Research Institute created and gave us the internet

And by the way, Tim Berners-Lee, a fine English gentleman, invented the internet while a student at CERN. You should study more history lessons, and believe less of what you hear in rag sheets. Here at ATS, we debunk statements like yours.

Well, the FCC claims it was invented by DARPA, and developed by RAND, and SRI, among other universities.

Like many information and communications technologies, the Internet we know today grew from seeds planted by the U.S. government. Specifically, the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) was established in 1957 to respond to the perceived scientific and technological advantage the then-Soviet Union displayed in launching the Sputnik satellite.

CERN was not involved until the 1980s. Berners-Lee was accredited with standardizing the interface which became known as the "World Wide Web". Google it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

My way is to shop at different food stores and act stupid and say " Ah I forgot my card at home" or something like that and they will say "no problem I got one you can use for now" Makes me wonder about everything we buy. There's places that when you buy something they ask you where you live and what's your address and social and I look at them and say " Do you want me to buy this or not, because if you want my name, address & phone number then I'll go somewhere else" And even after I say that they will say " It's only for warranty information or just in case it breaks or doesn't work right and I'm like What?!! I got the receipt and if it doesn't work I'll bring it back. You got Driver's License, Tags, Address, Phone# even though the public citizens don't see your number doesn't mean the government can't. You got value cards, credit cards, blockbuster cards, insurance cards, Tax forms, IP address from your computer, TV shows you like to watch, camera's everywhere etc... They know where we are and what we do unless we do something crazy and fall out of the matrix for awhile, but as soon as something shows up they're back on us again.

I'm sorry I ranted on there, but Ats is an awesome site to mingle and talk about anything. And just like any other site there are rules to go by so things don't get out of hand. If you don't like what's going on then just like a radio you can turn the channel or go somewhere else. I can tell now that I'm worn out and ready for sleep. I work early in the morning and got to rest.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

You're right about all the cards. At one point in my life, my wallet was getting so thick, it was busting at the seams, with all the cards. That was when I realized that each of those cards told others something about me, and that's when I started using cash as much as possible. The funny thing is that when you go to purchase a large item with cash, they look at you, like you are crazy. Anyway, once I started using cash, my junk mail dropped down to almost nothing.
By the way, getting back to the point of this thread, although the government may have large amounts of information about everyone, data mining all of that becomes a big problem. The more data they gather, the harder it is to make anything meaningful of it. Government bid after bid, and project after project, has ended up as dead ends, because the ability to process that data in real time, just wasn't there. They have to learn to be more selective with what they collect. Furthermore, their goal of using predictive analysis lies somewhere between Fantasyland and NeverNeverLand.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
One thing the OP has to realize is that he or she is not the only poster on this forum and I've posted things that went to the bottom quick at the recent post section. Imagine 20 people posting different topics at the same time you did. I bet it's higher than twenty at a time sometimes. So many topics with so many questions and answers. It's like a good day at the stock market with numbers changing faster than a mind can think.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
well.. I for one I'm new to ATS and deeply appreciate it for it's openess and not to mention...staying free. Most are going pay-to-post. Thx ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I use Opera 9.26 here and the site works flawlessly. I sometimes use IE7 but it has no issues here either. No malware either thanks to KAV7.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well if anyone wanted to view the content on this site discretely like a government agent or any kind of law inforcement it wouldn't be hard to pull it off. They don't need any kind of backdoor, administrator or mod access. A simple creation of the account and they have access to all text posted.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It is Worth of The Pain Like A Baby Child and family at Home and GOD Almighty
that you Misses Everyday As A TRUTH SEEKER (^^,)

1 John 1:8-9

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I continue to be impressed with your on going participation, patience and apparent candor. I began this post hoping to stir a response to some glitches I was and continue to have happen when I am posting this our that; I had no idea that you not only run/own the site but are also the guy who runs around wiping noses and offering a bandaid when it's called for (this is my version of the anology about the owns the company and also sweeps the place outt when everyone has go home, or however that expression goes).

Whatever is or is not happening, my Avatar continues to be deleted and I contine to throw it back up, after adding a small feature each time...last time I added a sword to my character standing before Plato's Cave of Mysteries to imply I was arming myself but this is only a figure of expression, as I have long since out grown wasting myself backing up my ego. ATS can do whatever they like and I will come or go with the same free will.

On a higher note, I saw a very interesting video this evening, that I am going to share because it flies in the face of all the gloom and doom and I believe it.

www.ufostream.com...

JAK

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
MajKarma,

Please check your U2U's

Thank you,

Jak

[edit on 18/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I do Not Worry about It Bro' (^^,) Because This is The Good Spirits With-in Me to Response this way an Annoying Ancient YODA Language. this is What they called or may be you know it too " That the BIBLE cannot pleased everybody"

Isn't it Scary To say the Word that "The BIBLE itself cannot Please Everybody"

By the pattern of your words It seems like you are familiar to me or I'm just getting exaggerated or scared again that I Will be banned Here in ATS and BTS

Here let me give another Deny Ignorance Objective

If the Mods will delete this and the admins will get me Banned then TIME will be ticking fast .

2 Peter 2

False Teachers and Their Destruction

1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Cheer-up Bro Don't get Annoyed at me

Respectfully Yours

Johnb1
Exiled from AO

Even if You Discover All UFO's and secrets and Conspiracy I will say

I Thank you very Much Because Our GOD ALMIGHTY is MUCH MORE POWERFUL than the ALIENS
We and They Cannot escape the The Universal Dramatic Cosmic Event
even on the Hollow Earth Will get Melt-Down.

My deepest Apology for My Words if is this a discouragements to Others.

Be Wise Humble and Brave Fear the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY even we are All different Cultures just Leveling-Up all your Higher Conciseness and awareness body and mind and soon we will all UNITE AGAIN.

We don't Want No More a Tower of Babel We must Seek for the ancient PATH
even if you do or did not read a BIBLE know your genealogy and what is our purpose in this LIFE.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

You have freedom of speech, within the constraints of T&C of the site. Use it. If you are concerned and "know" that there is outside control, i.e. CIA etc, influencing this site then why worry as you are still posting. Perhaps you were seeking reassurance of the fact that they are not involved?

You are, as you stated, a speaker of truth and are moving up the proverbial ladder. If you know these things and do not care then it would be really a waste of your time to point it out considering at least 50% of the people here would know this too.

One can also take comfort in that fact that, and as SO has pointed out, once a post is made it will be searchable via Google. However, we can be 100% certain that the CIA etc know the site address and wouldn't waste time using google. They would come directly here.

SO mentioned the catch 22 - definitely - as it is said, damned if you do damned if you don't - so what does one do? This site is not tucked away in the darkest recesses of the internet - it is RIGHT UP THERE and if someone knows something and posts it here everyone from their aunties to the president can view it.

So, my point is, if you know you are being watched and still post, good for you!

As far as the site ownership being CIA or KGB or NSA, or whatever other acronym can be pulled from a hat, I can honestly say I don't believe a letter of it let alone a word of it. Logic says that IF they were would it not be that MANY threads would simply cease to exist due to multiple database problems and system crashes - wouldn't that be a typical "government" excuse?

I have seen and read MANY posts and threads that would quickly be removed so as not to cause a stir. NOT here.

From me to you: relax - just cos you think someone is following you does not mean they are not!!

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wilsonfrisk

Well, you're wrong. There certainly is, and has been attempts to influence the ebb-and-flow of cultural evolution, but "control" in an excessive overstatement. Perhaps you can enlighten us into the research you've engaged that has revealed the massive CIA staff required to control even one of the items you suggested? For example -- shortwave radio? I was a "ham" radio operator for nearly ten years, and I can assure you most of the on-air chatter was "conspiratorial" in nature and impossible to influence/control.

This was released in the last big wave of declassification.

Do you have links to documents?

We also know that the Rand Corporation and the Standford Research Institute created and gave us the internet, and I think the counterintelligence activity that goes on throughout the web is obvious to anyone with any bit of a brain.

The Rand Corporation's involvement was limited to a 1960's era study to help the government plan for a nuclear-attack-proff method of networking critical systems. The results were a recommendation for a network that simulated natural systems with no centralized system of command-and-control. Later, Vincent Cerf at Stanford designed the first protocols that would make a network with no "central command" function. If the Internet was designed as a counterintelligence method as you claim, don't you think a system of centralized command would have been built-in from the beginning?

I see that the site is filled with all manner of New Age propaganda,

Material that fits within the "New Age" niche is a somewhat small percentage of our total content.

I tend to believe that all the big ones, such as this, likely are. Still, if you are serving their agenda, it is easier for them if you are not actually employed by them.

Do you step into your neighbors homes and accuse them of terrible things?

none of this is personal, though I hope that goes without saying.

No... it does not go without saying because you're engaged in baseless and exceptionally personal attacks on a handful of people who put blood-sweat-and-tears into this site. You have nothing but errant conjecture on which to base your accusations.

This means there are really only two possibilities. Either

a.) you are employed by an intelligence agency, or

b.) you are knowingly making money by driving people to delusion and psychosis, as the world burns.

c.) We're providing anyone and everyone an outlet to freely and openly discuss the difficult questions that are inspired by current events every day.

None. The only thing that approaches an "oath I've sworn" is to promise ATS members to ensure that our technology infrastructure remains in-step with the demands of membership and traffic.

Since you're such a fan of baseless and disparaging conjecture, let me toss something in your general direction...

Clearly, you are an agent of the NSA (or someone employed by a firm contracted via a joint task force of the CIA, NSA, DIA, and FBI) sent in yet another effort to generate doubt and uncertainty about the Internet's most active venue for discussing provocative topics that potentially pose a threat to the status-quo. There has been at least one well-exposed effort by the government to discredit this site (look up "juniper three," where an employee of a government contractor was sent to harm our reputation), and you are very likely the latest in what is certainly a series of efforts to do so. In fact, there is more evidence to prove ATS has been the target of a stigmatization effort than there is evidence for what you suggest about me and my business partners.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I believe it does, see, because I hunt and peck, I have to watch what I'm typing, and a few times, I'll look up to review what I've already typed, and lo and behold, I'll find that, the page had indeed jumped. I'll then have to retype what had taken me a minute or so to type. I'm at about 15-20 words per minute, Not that it's a big deal to retype but I wondered if it happened to others, and my question was answered.

I do not use firefox, but those that do, recommend it, and google is the tool bar I use. I need the spell check.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
One thing the OP has to realize is that he or she is not the only poster on this forum and I've posted things that went to the bottom quick at the recent post section. Imagine 20 people posting different topics at the same time you did. I bet it's higher than twenty at a time sometimes. So many topics with so many questions and answers. It's like a good day at the stock market with numbers changing faster than a mind can think.

Exactly. The OP is simply paranoid. Nothing anyone says here is going to change his mind. It is made up. There is no reason to even engage such a person in discussion. It will ultimately end in frustration for those of us who are less paranoid.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Clearly, you are an agent of the NSA (or someone employed by a firm contracted via a joint task force of the CIA, NSA, DIA, and FBI) sent in yet another effort to generate doubt and uncertainty about the Internet's most active venue for discussing provocative topics that potentially pose a threat to the status-quo.

Hrm... no reply from Wilsonfrisk, I suppose that must mean I was correct?

The "catch-22" again.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Hrm... no reply from Wilsonfrisk, I suppose that must mean I was correct?

The "catch-22" again.

I believe you have hit it on the head SO. It proves once again that this site is not run by any "agency" as the member would have been banned on such a site so as to avoid any further discussion and the thread would have been closed.

"The truth is in here" and why would it be if it were an "agency run site" - it would then STILL be - The truth is OUT THERE!

Hats off to site management!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join