It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick n' tired of these gas prices! What can we do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkOn
There's only 1 way that you can help yourself and others to help themselves at battling high costs in the gasoline department.... and that is to realize that you don't "need" to drive.

seriously? I work 38 miles away from my work. I can't take a bike that far or a bus. It would take me 3 hours to get to work. Public transportation in san diego sucks. we have a trolley that still runs on tracks and it's very slow. it's like those old 40's trolleys.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Sorry to say, but you people just are not thinking out of the box here. I too got tired of high gas prices, a long time ago, when it went up to $2.50 a gallon. So I built one of these reactors...
offto.net... It cost me $50 for the plans, but the plans are complete, with troubleshooting tips and diagrams, all an average person needs to build and install a hydrogen reactor in their car/truck. I installed mine on a 90 Chevy G20 van, before the conversion, it got maybe 20 mpg. Now it runs exclusively on HHO made from distilled water at $.59 a gallon from my local grocery store. One gallon of water runs me for over a month, and I have used the money saved to upgrade my engine with new cam/lifters, and headers. It works.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Don't you mean that you work 38 miles from where you live?

I work over the internet, but I totally sympathize with folks complaining about high gas prices. It drives up the cost of everything. Independent truckers will soon have to park their rigs and sell them.

I am totally with the poster who said they hope the smart guys will invent free energy soon. In the meantime I am going to cover a satellite dish with mirrors and try to get the sun to make steam to turn a surplus truck turbo. That will (hopefully) turn a generator to make electricity and charge batteries. I saw this accomplished on a much larger scale than what I am attempting back in the 70's in a Mother Earth News magazine. Everybody should pick up back copies and study them for their inventive and down home ways.

They once turned an opel kadette into a hybrid powered by a lawn mower engine.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Are all of you really this ignorant of how the world works and who sells the oil? Its OPEC that sets the amount they wish to release, the less they release and the more the demand=higher prices for oil.

The gasoline/petrol producers are making a profit, so what. What about your jackassed governments? The governments of the world are making 300% more in taxes than the companies making a profit.

OPEC controls the oil, not President Bush idiots. He went to the saudis, they told him to screw off, they will pump less oil in the near future.

The real blame is the US liberal congress and freak environmentalists, they will not let any oil company drill anywhere in the US. Screw ANWAR, no will ever go there, ever. Lets let oil companies drill of our own shores like florida and california, hell, even the rocky mountains contain enough oil to last the US 300yrs, but that will never be drilled.

You thinks cars use the most oil? Wrong. Industrial oil usage is where most of the oil goes for lubricants and plastics. Hell, oil is even used to make solar panals, wind turbines and batteries. LOL.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

In Australia we are paying 6 dollers a gallon and our dollar is as strong as your at the moment so we are all in this together

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join