It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick n' tired of these gas prices! What can we do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Gas Will NEVER go down. To many countries are out for Oil. China, Japan, US and Russia Alone are the reason Gas WILL NOT go down. It's not so much the markets as, price vs. need. The more you need it the Higher the price.

4.00 a gallon is just another step closer to the transition to E85, and bioDiesels. If I remember correctly the production cost Per gallon of e85 is something along the lines of 3.00 a gallon. Biodiesel SHOULD be cheaper than that.

Maybe one day the car companies will wake up and Embrace these EASILY produced fuels, which will reduce the cost of production. Demand decreases production cost. The question is will some company step up and make the change without a boycott?

lastly... A boycott on ANY oil company is a waste of time. To be quite frank... I could give a damn who I get it from... As long as they're the cheapest source. (which in my area just so happens to be BP and Exxon/Mobil)

my 2 bucks worth (i figure this is worth about $.02 cents now... =P )

Coven

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Originally posted by bkcrt
Please no blind attacks. Show proof of your statements.

what more proof do you want? get educated man. We invaded iraq for the oil. Se we can control their oil production and sell it to ourselves for more money. Bush Co. was all about taking out Hussein because he was selling the barrels cheap and getting in the way for texas like bush to make money. the bush administration is all about taxing the people and using gas to do it. reason we went to iraq: to make money...

I called this a blind attack because you offer no information. And once again, you did the same thing. This does not help your arguement for or against Bush. You need to site sources that show your arguements in action. Otherwise it is just a blind attack.

Without sources, it's like a small child saying, "He hit me."

Oh, and the "get educated" because I disagree with you and ask you to show proof is very cute. You sound like Hillary Clinton at the debates.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

yeah sure u are probably from england or somewhere in EU you see the thing about the US is that to get anywhere really you have to drive cuz everything is usually far away like the supermarket the closest one is almost 2 miles away for me and college is 5 and my parents are 11 miles well you get the idea taking the bus sucks cuz its not very user firendly and it costs about the same per use anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

yeah sure u are probably from england or somewhere in EU you see the thing about the US is that to get anywhere really you have to drive cuz everything is usually far away like the supermarket the closest one is almost 2 miles away for me and college is 5 and my parents are 11 miles well you get the idea taking the bus sucks cuz its not very user firendly and it costs about the same per use anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

First of there is quite a difference bewteen earning 22.97% more and earning 300% more so "You were off by" 277.03%.

Secondly I just pointed out in my other post that you have the money to buy an extra 3721 gallons of petrol than us at current prices in our countries. Also you saying you have to drive 80 miles a day, so its worse, I mean my sister has to drive 60 a day to work and back and alot of people in England live a distance from their jobs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when you say about if I had to drive 80 miles a day I wouldn't be saying this, My last full time job payed a little under £9000 a year $18000 and on that I had to pay rent for half an apartment, tax and insurance on my car, petrol for my car, council tax, food and Tv license to name but a few. So when you suggest I don't know what its like how about you actually think for a minute.

I think not just you but alot of Americans think it really is a different world over here. but as the Americans who moved into my student house will tell you its not, they were really surprised actually at how similar things are over here except for the cultural differences of course.

Laters.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm afraid till the american dollar stabilizes gas prices are going to keep going up,I see no end to it otherwise,face it we are just embarking on the road to ruin

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

You could buy a 1980 Mercedes DIESEL station wagon (or any diesel car/truck for that matter) and convert it to biodiesel.

You could power your car off used vegetable oil and grease, not to mention peanut and hemp oil.

A friend of mine uses a 50/50 mix (diesel to biodiesel) during the winter because biodiesel freezes at low temperatures. However, for the rest of the year, he uses almost 100% biodiesel.

Clean, renewable, and free (for now) energy.

[edit on 3/17/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oh, I have a cure.
Get the price up to the point that everyone revolts and demands something different. It's economics 101.
For my part, I want whatever is powering these 1000' to 5000' triangular aircraft that fly silently, make 90 degree turns at speed, stop and hover on a dime, and accelerate at a speed that would turn a pilot to jelly if not for some exotic tech.
Having seen one at below 1000 feet elevation, I guarantee you they don't run on jp4.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lindsey Williams reveals why the "oil crisis" is a lie and a power-grabbing scam to get total global control. There is no oil shortage, and gas prices should be below $2/gallon.

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

Amoco, and companies like it are sitting on more oil and natural gas than the middle east, that has been kept unknown to the public, and untapped by the oil companies. This was done to purposely over inflate the price of fuels in America so the oil companies could reap unfathomable profits.
The last CEO of BP said (and rightfully so) that the world has no shortage of oil and has over a hundred year supply with just what is tapped currently, and they are finding more every day.

Russia Proves 'Peak Oil' is a Misleading Zionist Scam

In 1970 the Russians started drilling Kola SG-3, an exploration well which finally reached a staggering world record depth of 40,230 feet. Since then, Russian oil majors including Yukos have quietly drilled more than 310 successful super-deep oil wells, and put them into production. Last Year Russia overtook Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest single oil producer,

If the opening paragraph of this report started by claiming that completely unlimited crude oil reserves exist inside planet earth, readers might be tempted to regard the entire text as preposterous ghostwriting for a novelist like Frederick Forsyth. If the report then went on to claim that the Russians have exploited this stunning reality for nearly thirty years, right under the largely unwitting noses of western intelligence, readers could be excused for mistaking the author for a lunatic, or perhaps as a front for spy novelist John le Carré. The problem here is that unlimited oil reserves do exist inside planet earth, and the Russians long ago developed the advanced technology necessary to recover these unlimited oil reserves in an efficient and timely manner.
Profoundly disturbing hard intelligence like this does not sit well with the frantic cries of western academic shills and lobbyists, determined to convince you all that the end of the oil world is nigh, or, more accurately, that America faces an imminent catastrophe when global production capacity "Peaks", i.e. when world demand for crude oil finally exceeds the rate at which we can physically pump the required product out of the ground. The gist of these false claims are outlined in a speech given at the at the University of Clausthal, by lobbyist Doctor Colin Campbell during December 2000:
"In summary, these are the main points that we have to grasp: Conventional [Free flowing] oil provides most of the oil produced today, and is responsible for about 95% of all oil that has been produced so far. It will continue to dominate supply for a long time to come. It is what matters most. Its discovery peaked in the 1960s. We now find one barrel for every four we consume. Middle East share of production is set to rise. The rest of the world peaked in 1997, and is therefore in terminal decline. World peak comes within about five years" [circa 12/2005]
Campbell is just the tip of a giant iceberg of academic Peak Oil 'experts' who suddenly appeared en-masse to give you this frightening news, right after President Saddam Hussein suddenly started trading his oil in Euros rather than in US Dollars, a devastating switch with the easy capacity to destroy the US Dollar in less than five years if it was left unchallenged and unchecked.

www.vialls.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
HERE IS YOUR ANSWER!!!!!!!!!

video.google.com...

Watch the whole thing and be amazed!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
well here it is my two cents or my opinion...there is no shortage of oil not now or back in the 70's when the oil industry first said "there is a shortage of oil"
what we have is nothing short of greed taking place in the good ol USofA...
the oil company's refine less oil and claim there is a shortage then prices go up
it is beginning to look like the American people will have to vote the price they want to pay in an election putting the oil industry under the control of the people
it is a sad day knowing that the only way to fix the problem is to remove the oil from the control of oil people and put it under control of the American people
The economy is going to collapse and there are three main problems...
One is the price of gas at the pump the second is illegal workers in the us taking us dollars back to their country the third is jobs leaving the us for other country's... i believe until these are corrected by the voting FORCE of the people of the USA nothing can stop the decline of our economy if you want to fix this never stop calling your representatives call every day and leave a message the more that call the more they will listen...keep calling

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I received an chain email recently suggesting we (US) buy our gas from companies that do not use oil from the Middle East and to stay away from the huge corps. making the even bigger profits right now. One would need to just find one of those smaller, N. American companies (ie:BP) supplying in your area... not sure if this would work to drive prices down... theory being to cut off buying from the big guys, so they will be forced to lower prices... causing the rest to follow suit.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
do a google search for vegetable oil as diesel....here is an example www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk...

I just helped a friend install a system on his f-250 ford pick-up. it starts on diesel then the heated oil is switched on and a pump switches to the vegetable oil which is filtered and fed to the motor. you then shut it off on diesel. the thing has no loss of power or mileage and work great. the best part is that local fast food companies PAY people to take used oil away.
by the way, to our British friends, maybe you should tell everyone here that 90% of your fuel cost is tax, so dont give us that boo hoo of how much your petrol is compared to everyone else....not to mention you occupy an island the size of a wal-mart.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

Corn is just at the tip of the iceberg, ethanol and methanol you can make this stuff with all sorts of agriculture.

Some hail the fuel, which can be derived from plants including corn, wheat, barley and sugarcane

Ethanol: Myths and Realities

I know it’s not perfect but ethanol and methanol can be made with a variety of products and I think it’s the lesser evil of gasoline. People need to take baby steps to alternative fuel; a switch to hydrogen is too drastic and expensive. The average cost per gas station to switch to a hydrogen infrastructure is about $500k. E85 is a nice little baby step.

Oil is transferring more and more U.S. dollars out of the U.S. into the pockets of OPEC. When do you think that money is coming back? We don’t have oil in U.S., we have agriculture. So instead of shelling out billions of dollars of Americans hard earned dollars to another country when are own economy is hurting, we should inject it right back into our local farmers pockets. I don’t care if the price of corn skyrockets, just as long as my money goes into those farmers pockets so they can by goods and services from me. I don’t think anyone from Venezuela or Saudi Arabia is coming to my town to by goods and services with the money they make off of me at the gas pump. We only get about 20% of our fuel from the Middle East, all we have to do is replace that 20% with 20% alternative fuels and we will be moving in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If we could shut up the environmentalist then maybe we could drill in anwar & off the coast of Florida and other places in the united states. We have 20 different grades of gasoline that a refinery has to stop and change over to make these certain grades. We haven't built any new refineries since 1976 thanks to the cooky environmentalists. I know there's good people out there that mean well but there are thousands of inviro people that are just plain nuts. The only thing I can do is stop driving as much as I use to. I don't spend as much on things like entertainment, parties etc.. I'm afraid that there's nothing we can do about the high gas prices except adjust and wait it out. The other alternative is to invent a water engine or air engine of some sort. It's funny how all these huge SUV's and Hummer's came out and BAM! Oil prices sky rocketed. Get a Yugo and suck it in, cause it doesn't look like it's gonna stop anytime soon. I heard that prices will be going way up this summer, just in time for those summer vacationers and travelers.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This link might be interesting

fabulously40.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Prices are so bad over here. Still no real solution to the problem guys. I can't modify my car to run on bio because I just got a new car 2 years ago. I still own money to the bank so I don't want to screw that up. something could go wrong with my car and then my warranty will void for messing with the engine fuels. So the current car that I own cannot be modified, it still needs to run on gasoline.

So what should I do? nothing I suppose, I went to chevron the other day and gave my money to the cashier and I felt like I was getting ripped off. I guess if I really want to do something about it, I should drink a gallon of gasoline and forget about the whole situation.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why dont we yanks try what the english did and block all the refineries so trucks can go in or out to pick up and deliver petrol. Afew years back I was living in England and that action failed miserably. The english government stepped in and guess what it was over. What happened after that is your price of petrol went up...Smart thinking that was huh. And as far as the english they just sit there and put up with the crap and not open their mouths to say anything...They say us yanks are so loud, thats because we speak up!!! a bit of jealousy I think..

The price of gas is rediculously expensive...Companies are making too much profit from us. As I am self employed and drive 150 miles a day I pay for gas out of my pocket. One of the reasons the economy is the way it is, is because people cannot go out and spend on luxuries. They have to survive first and by that they will buy gas first and the everything else second. There is no more going out and just spending because the price of gas. Now the government is giving us giving us money via this new tax with everyone getting $600-$1000 for what to spend on gas to make their pockets bigger. Shelling out what how many millions to send letters. Why dont they just step in and lower gas. Look back at what they did to Bill Gates and Microsoft....Oh your making too much money doing that its not fair for the other companies....well why not do that to the oil companies...heres why the government had nothing invested in Microsoft but they do in oil....The only way to actually hurt the oil companies is to boycott...Stop buying gas for 3 days, dont fill up before and dont fill up after the 3 days just have enough to get by on....A complete american shutdown of everything for 3 days....Everyone take 3 vacation days....dont drive if you dont have to....

As for the economy well the way for the government to fix it is LOWER GAS PRICES!!!imagine that an ordinary citizen like me coming up with that....you lower the price of oil shipping prices go down things get cheaper to buy and wow spending comes back....just buy lowering the prices at the pump 75 cents a gallon we would probably save hundreds a month.
And the government with their talks about recession well heres something for you to ponder.....STEP IN AND LOWER THE PRICE OF OIL.....

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Today it was ridiculous. I paid $3.90 for a gallon of gasoline. When are we going to have the government interfere and take down the oil companies? these guys have been going to the conferences and have provided the numbers! they are benefiting, making billions of profits. when asked where the money is going, they say. "new technologies" BS! they been working on new technologies for 20 years and still have nothing to show for it. it's a scam, plain and simple!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

It's a good idea Dub, and I'm trying to stick to one in my area, but overall, it still doesn't matter... as I came to understand with this, it's a good chance that the oil coming into the refineries of these outfits may still be coming from those larger sources, indirectly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join