It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick n' tired of these gas prices! What can we do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I'm paying 4 bucks per gallon over here; hurtin' bad!
is there a way to have the president arrested over this? Like a citizens arrest or other. who else is sick and tired of paying ridiculous prices and is looking for other ways out. And what are you doing about it? Bush destroyed our economy and due to the invasion of iraq we are paying more for the barrels. Bush used the war to get rich, control the oil production and hike up the prices. Now that he's taken over iraq, he can sell the barrels at any price he wants. either we arrest him or we go broke.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Over here in England it's over ten dollars a gallon, has been for ages, we really get screwed by our Governmernt from just about every direction !
The free energy thing really needs maximum effort from all those guys smart enough to figure it out, if someone could work out a simple diy system, then the oil companies would be left holding massive stoks of worthless oil ! now wouldn't that be something.
Good luck and kind regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ahhh ... there's nothing more guaranteed to win the hearts & minds of the rest of the free & not so free world than the sight of a fat American complaining about gas prices.

You look like you could quite easily lose a pound or three ... sell the car and walk or use the bus. You'll save money. You'll get fit. And we don't have to listen to you crying like a lil babby. It's a WIN-WIN-WIN scenario.

No you can't arrest the President because BP charges too much for gas. Or for Hershey bars, lemonade or condoms either.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
We're paying around $6 USD per gallon in Oz, so you ain't the only one Jedi

As to what we can do...Get an old Volkswagen and run it on any oil you can get your hands on,from your local fast food joint, maybe ?

I honestly cant see a way around it...The thing with gas, it isn't a supply of oil problem, its more a lack of refining capacity...

The simple solution might be to build more refineries, but I'm sure the oil companies would still find another way to charge what they do

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Stop driving, catch public transport, ride a bike/scooter....

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

The sight of a fat American complaining about gas prices? YOU are too much!!! I'll just leave it at that? comprende?

I dont care about those of you who pay $15.00 per gallon and have been for awhile! You have a different standard of living. Here we pay $4 a gallon gas and most middle income people wont be able to eat or for that matter pay their mortgage or any of those luxury things.

Every time i hear well, we pay more than you, nee nee nee, i get real bent.
And the problem are those oil barons/Bush/ saying, go ahead stick it to them but GOOD now!!! Their profits are through the roof!!!!

Heating is a real problem in the North right now and has been all winter. People are cold. I suppose this is all deserved and funny to some of you.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

Illegal in Massachusetts to ride any of the above in the streets. Wonder why

Oh, i suppose a bycicle is in order. Unless you have some problem with your knees or your back.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You have a different standard of living. Here we pay $4 a gallon gas and most middle income people wont be able to eat or for that matter pay their mortgage or any of those luxury things.

dgtempe, I gave you a star for that passionate post. the europeans do have a different lifestyle, they also get paid triple than we do. a family that makes 25k a year here, over there the same family could be making 70k.

To someone that said, take a bike or walk. cannot do. I work 30 miles from home. the bus would take 3 hours. the public transportation here in san diego sucks. we have what they call the trolley..it reminds me of those 1920's trains..still runs on tracks and electricity.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
We're paying around $6 USD per gallon in Oz, so you ain't the only one Jedi

As to what we can do...Get an old Volkswagen and run it on any oil you can get your hands on,from your local fast food joint, maybe ?

hi rilence, where is this oz? well, i'm luck to be driving a 35mpg car. a huyndai..so i'm not hurting that bad like the people whoa re drivin' suv's.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I agree there needs to be a better power plant, that runs on something other than oil. They are making better and better batteries all the time, maybe thats all we need, a much better battery that can hold a longer charge.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Getting a hybrid and pushing up my planned retirement by two years so I don't have to drive the 70 miles a day to and from work. This is the endgame for the NWO as far as the oil phase of their hammerlock on oil and petroleum access. The new phase of Hydrogen and Hybrid technologies is just started and they will concentrate their energies in completely controlling those fields also, but in the bergining it will look like they are saving us with the widespread introduction of cheaper technologies, only to slowly up the ante once they have a stranglehold on these Techs.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I do advocate people driving smaller vehicles for their own sake and adjusting their needs of travel. Until when and if things change.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Lets all learn how to levitate

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Regardless of the hatred for the current US administration, its the market not governments, that set the prices.

In the good old daze, the USA was the only player. Now we have China and India to compete with. There is just so much oil being produced, whom ever is willing to pay the most.

The USA also has the problem of trying to find more oil without lawsuits being filed for protecting land. We have to decide, as a nation, to put oil ahead of fish, birds, and caribou; or have a real energy plan that stops frivolous lawsuits and rewrites the Endangered Species Act.

There is no simple answer but I did like the idea of riding bicycles and mass transit. JDN24, you got a star!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Wow. You're just seven kinds of jackass, aren't you? How much is gas for you right now? Probably more than you can afford too. The entire world is feeling the hurt. We should be helping each other get through it, not make stupid childish attacks on their character. Since you obviously have nothing better to do than attack people based on stereotypes, can you afford your gas in between your dozen trips to the pub? Drink yourself into the hospital yet? You could spend less on booze and afford gas a little better, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
As an apartment dweller who changes jobs more often than most, I always find a residence located within a mile or two of my job.

Currently, I drive one mile to work, I come home for lunch (for healthy home-cooked leftovers) and I only have to fill the gas tank about once per month (depending on any weekend excursions that use extra gas).

At my last job, I had an apartment across the street from the office and walked to work. Loved it.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Kudo's to dgtempe. You go get 'em girl!

Maybe it's time to adopt some of the burro's roaming the desert.
I could take them into town for grocery shopping.

Anyone have a covered wagon or a buggy for sale?

To Niall197 we're not all Fat. Burro pucky to you.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Do as Brazil did and pass laws making all cars sold in the U.S. flex fuel. Chrysler and GM have quietly been making them for about ten years. When the owners of gas stations know more then 3% of cars can run on E85 more stations will start carrying it. It’s about $100-$200 for a car manufacturer to convert a vehicle to flex fuel.

So now gasoline finally has some competition and when people start buying E85 instead of gas, the gas companies will be forced to bring down there prices. Right know they have no competition and if you use less gas they will just cut back production and charge you more per gallon. I know E85 is not perfect by far but we got to start somewhere and I rather support my local farmer then that confederacy OPEC.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If we want the Gas prices to come down, we all need to take some intelligent, united action. Last year there was a "don't buy gas day"-but the oil companies just laughed at that because they knew that we would "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than a problem to them.

READ ON AND JOIN THE ACTION

By now you are probably thinking Gas priced at about $4.00 is cheap, never bet on that assumption as these Oil Thugs got the taste of "Peak Oil Opium" and are not about to let go, they are simply Addicted to this new kind of Erection for a Powerful Ejection. Exxon Mobil Corp, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and London Based BP PLC Profit soared to 250% and are now looking for 300% for this year end.

We need to take aggressive action to teach them that buyers control the marketplace......... not the sellers.

The only way we are going to see the price of Gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Product, And we can do that without hurting ourselves.

Since we rely on our cars, we just cannot stop buying Gas. But we can have an impact on Gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of the year, don't purchase Gas from the Three biggest oil companies outlets:

Exxon Mobil Corp, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and London Based BP PLC

If these companies lose sales at the Pump, they will be inclined to reduce their Prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Gas buyers.

Spread the Word and Start the Gas Resistance Revolution

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Supply? Refining capacity? Um, these people keep posting record profits.

To me that spells one thing - G R E E D

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join