It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus Christ was cloned.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What if the lord and savior was cloned from the holy grail? How would you feel, would it count as his second coming. Would you be against it if it was being considered?
There are 2 scenarios really.
1st the blood is collected he is cloned but jesus is an infant once again maybe even a serogate mother and all that. Of course he has no recollection of what happaned.
2nd scenario is cloning technology allows jesus to be cloned from the blood that fell from the spear and he remembers his death and everything. He is the age he was when he died. Would this make any nonbeleivers beleive. Would it shake anyone's faith?
I realy don't want to get into what the holy grail is. For arguements sake let's for a moment agree it is a cup with useable blood.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Zealott]

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Zealott]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If I had to entertain this hypothetical situation I would say that it would depend on how the clone behaved as it grew up. There is no way to know if it would have the same personality characteristics as the actual Jesus. Jesus was who he was because of the time he grew up in, there is no telling if that person would be the same today, or if he would even have the same impact. There may be thousands of unnoticed Jesus-like people out in the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Maybe that is what the bible means by the return of Jesus to the earth. Just a thought

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
What if the lord and savior was cloned from the holy grail? How would you feel, would it count as his second coming. Would you be against it if it was being considered?

Well of course I would be all for it. What an opportunity. We should clone a whole bunch of him, as many as possible. And we would make sure he, or rather all of them, are raised right this time. We can train them to obey our every command. We can demand all them Jesuses use their special magic to do hocus pocus for us. "Turn this into wine. Turn that into bread. Heal my sins, forgive my broken bones. Make it rain diamonds and gold." If he refuses, we'll waterboard him until he gives in. Or, like before, we can nail him to a pole, and try to persuade him to grant our prayers and wishes ~ and save us from our doom. Heck yeah, clone one for me too. In fact, make me two. I've got a long list of requests. I say do it!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I realy don't want to get into what the holy grail is. For arguements sake let's for a moment agree it is a cup with useable blood.

Oh man, are you insinuating that the holy grail is actually a blood sample, somehow preserved from Jesus time, painstakingly through diligent chilling of the blood for thousands of years by hand with naturally occurring ice, hand picked, maybe a mountain community? hey, Carpathian mountains sounds like a good spot. :-)

And now, that with modern tech, the Vatican has it cryogenically stored away in some top secret vault in the most secret portion of the Vatican's secret portions? Saved for a day when he will be cloned, when the tech is available, which it is today, and when the people are ready, which they yet are not. But he will not be the same spirit and not remember a thing because it is a fake Jesus, soto speak. This will culminate in a true Anti-Christ, of the truest sense, even from Rome like prophesied in the Book of Revelation?

Whoa .. man .. this beats the Da Vinci Code hands down. I'm not saying it's all fiction, but that it sure would be a stretch. Ingenious if it has managed to be done though.. kinda creepy..

[edit on 3/16/2008 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I remember seeing a movie made out of this scenario at one time. The infant would have been used as the Anti-Christ. I don't remember the name of it, but it was really awful.

There are 2 scenarios really.
1st the blood is collected he is cloned but jesus is an infant once again maybe even a serogate mother and all that. Of course he has no recollection of what happaned.
2nd scenario is cloning technology allows jesus to be cloned from the blood that fell from the spear and he remembers his death and everything. He is the age he was when he died. Would this make any nonbeleivers beleive. Would it shake anyone's faith?

It wouldn't make me a believer, other than to prove an original existed at one time. It wouldn't shake my faith, either.

Jesus was not Christ, until he was filled with the Holy Spirit. So you might get a human clone with the memories, but it wouldn't be the same.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
if the Vatican cloned Jesus and portrayed it as the second coming, I'd deny that Jesus, even unto persecution from most of the tricked people in the world thinking it is legit.

they'd be like, omg, how can you not accept Jesus, he has returned? You are evil, here, take this brand on your right hand or forehead, hey get in that cell, shackle him to the ceiling and beat him in the legs until he accepts Jesus. If he doesn't, cut his head off!

Is this the future of the true believers?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetangIs this the future of the true believers?

True believers? I like that, that's funny. True believers, ha ha ha, put them in the dungeon with the false knowers, ha, and keep them there until they all stop lying and trying to pretend.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Um. How did the holy grail get Jesus' blood in it anyway? It was wine, he used it to symbolize his blood, which he offered up for us. Did someone sneak back later and fill it with blood?
You're better off getting a sample of DNA from the shroud.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you look at my picture, to the left of this post, you will see the Holy Grail.
You can click on my name to go to my profile, for a larger version.
I found it on the web site for the official Welsh travel Bureau.
The window is in an old church.
There are two versions of the myth.
One says it was the drinking cup from the last supper.
The other says it was a cup used to catch the blood of Christ, as he hung on the cross.
I do not see the special value of the cup of wine.
A cup of Jesus' blood would be very significant.
So, clone Jesus, why not?
Have him born as a baby, and see what happens.
Or make multiple versions, and see if they are much different from each other.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Um. How did the holy grail get Jesus' blood in it anyway? It was wine, he used it to symbolize his blood, which he offered up for us. Did someone sneak back later and fill it with blood?
You're better off getting a sample of DNA from the shroud.

If you are going to give any credence to the Grail myth, might as go all the way and believe an angel used a magical cup to catch the blood, then hid it.
Only the pure of heart can find it.
Good luck, on your quest.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Something like that is best left hidden, even if the best of men found it, unless he hid it again, it would be used for the best intentions, or purposely misused.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

True believers? I like that, that's funny. True believers, ha ha ha, put them in the dungeon with the false knowers, ha, and keep them there until they all stop lying and trying to pretend.

Gee, you advocate putting Christians in Concentration Camps, that is wonderful, congratulations on being an extremist.

I guess you're content in there being nothing beyond the physical, no afterlife, no spirit, no spirit world, no God or creator of the universe, no intelligence behind the design of all these DNA strands which are just little codes that say, "build this creature or plant in this particular design, using the matter available". What a complete an utterly pointless existence, I mean, nothing you do while alive has any bearing or impact on anything after you die whatsoever. Heck, this whole thing is pointless and random, as is my short existence, i might as well go shoot up a school and then off myself, or maybe just off myself and leave out the murderous rampage. I mean, what difference does it make anyway?

It reminds me of the Misfits song, Last Caress...

[edit on 3/16/2008 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

Hi Zealot/

To be a Christian is to have the belief in Jesus Christ as God.
God came and took flesh and became Man,He became the Second Adam and the Theotokos(Mother of God)became the Second Woman.
Christians are those that follow Christ.
Jesus Christ as prophesied was crucified and Resurrected.
His Resurrection is what united all mankind as it was from the beginning when God created Man all perfect and without fault.
Sin was the 'break away' from God in the garden of Eden.God created man and gave man a choice to live in rightiousness,man disobeyed God(the one Commandment) and 'Sin' caused all things created good to become not perfect....this was the result man breaking away from God.
Therefore,the Crucifiction and Reresurrection happened as prophesied by the Old Testament prophets and once again man was united with God, as it was before the fall.
Jesus Christ's Resurrection was just that!
His Body(earthly body as 'The Son') and soul was taken up into the heavens.His Second coming will be the Judgment of all mankind,and then His Kingdom shall have no end(The Creed of all Christians)
The Cloning of Jesus Christ,cannot happen because there is nothing to clone...there is no Body!
If there is a theory behind the cloning of Jesus Christ, it is a false one!
We know that there are false prophets and false teachings for those that do not listen and understand what the Apostles of Jesus Christ had said....hold onto what those teachings are,then,one cannnot stray from the Truth.
As for the Antichrist and cloning, this is definately a possibility.
The Antichrist will be a man(not the devil) with all evil in him from birth(as the teachings of the Ancient early fathers of Christianity have prophesied)He will be similar in appearance and also in years.He shall do all he has to for acceptance of teh people,for he will be loved for being charitable and meek, but all of this will be false illusions and false claims once he is in power!
(there's more on the subject, but for another thread)

IX
helen

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang i might as well go shoot up a school and then off myself, or maybe just off myself and leave out the murderous rampage. I mean, what difference does it make anyway?

Well gee, if that's what you would feel like doing, as a result of a lack of any biblical consequences otherwise keeping you inline and behaving, then I must ask why? Are you only behaving because of a religious promise of a great reward if you do? Isn't that a little sad? Does humanity still need to be threatened with a bible in order to keep them from shooting up schools? That's so sad, humans.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
no, not from a lack of biblical consequences, from a lack of worth and meaning to this thing we call life. not speaking of morals.

if this is a random space rock that randomly occurred, in a random universe that randomly occurred, and theres no intelligent design behind anything (which i know is false because i exist, therefore my own DNA is evidence), no creator or God, and no afterlife, then yes id be more inclined to go with the "lets blow each others' brains out", because, what is the point of life if there is no scorecard, no afterward, no afterlife, no progression past the flesh? And what is existence, this creation, you know, the Universe, with no Creator, and no realm where this Creator may dwell in some form? Or that there is no afterlife, despite the brilliance in all of the creations ive seen up to this point. When I talk to myself in my head, theres two voices, that is because I am a spirit and a flesh together, and its my spirit and flesh talking. The spirit takes the more elder "you're gonna regret doing THAT!" role .. while the flesh tends to try to talk my spirit into doing dumb stuff I know is wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Human Cloning is illegal. And a horrible idea. And using a surrogate mother does not make the clone entirely identical. it would have to be a test tube baby. sure, i'd love to see what jesus was like, but it wouldn't be the real jesus. just a replica. No memories, no god connection. just another guy walking down the street.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

If he was cloned, you would have nothing more than a clone of the person Jesus/Jeshua ben Joseph - son of Joseph and Mary.

What made Jesus special was most definately not his blood or genetics.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Even if this were technically possible, you do realise that cloning means that the Jesus born will be a baby. He will still have to grow up in a different environment etc. There is no guarantee he will have the same spark of the divine as the original Jesus did.

What im trying to say is, just because you recreate his body it doesnt mean you will recreate his spirit and soul.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
the replies in this thread are sounding more and more like Arius' view on the original Jesus, that he was a man, it was not his blood or genetics which gave him his abilities, rather a special connection with God, and so the Holy Spirit was working through Jesus at the request OF Jesus, whenever he performed a miracle, a healing, or a raising of the dead. He didn't sit there and ask God, hey can you help me do this now? But rather, God knew from Jesus' INTENT and BELIEF to heal and that he will do so because he believes, this is how God "knew" to bestow Jesus with the Holy Spirit abilities, to perform miracles, seemingly on tap. The connection was ever present, like a secure telephone line directly to the President so to speak.

And this, in a nut shell, is Arian Christianity. Arius said Jesus and God were not of the same essence, meaning that they are two seperate beings, that God, the creator, created Jesus. God very well may have created Jesus' spirit before the creation (read: universe and the common reality of existence), or maybe after, but in either case, Jesus essence came from God, after God, and was not God embodied; Jesus was not a flesh vessel of God incarnate. Jesus does not equal God in the literal sense.

Now, if only a Muslim could convince me that the Crucifixion never happened, then my belief would effectively mirror the Muslim view of Jesus, or Isa as he is known in the Quran. But I know and believe he was indeed crucified, and doing so created a "traumatic incident" in history ever since to the point where it has impacted the psyche of the original first followers, and then through the narrative to all Christians unto this day, i dont really think it couldve been a mistake in the text, rather, it sounds like Muhammad changed the story in the Islamic version.

[edit on 3/17/2008 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join