It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
And why on earth do you think i'm american? I should feel insulted about that comment...

My profile:

Geocraphy doesn't seem to be a big subject in Chinese education system...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I guess then I am confused as to some of your posts. You sound as if the alleviation of Tibetan pain is something you support. What I see in all my research is a large portion of the world supporting Tibetans. I just pray that there is enough passion and compassion for the world to stand up and say to china "Change your ways in Tibet"

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Yea I am all for them getting their freedom.
I just think its a nigh impossibility as China (and China's people) will NEVER allow it.

And I have more than a little trouble reconciling the massive scale of deaths it would take for China to not be able to hold Tibet against it will anymore.

Because that is the only thing that is going to make them let go.

Look at Taiwan's situation. Unless I miss my guess we will see China making a go at reconquering Taiwan in our lifetimes.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

what way need to be changed?
no hundreds millions yuan of transfer payment to Tibet by central government?
no construction of bridge, railway, airport?
no providing free house for tibetans?
no compensation of the potala palace?

dont tell me somewhat oppression before you really set your foot on the Tibet soil. some foreign artists have lived in Tibet many years. maybe you can find them and talk with them about the real situation of Tibet.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I agree. Taiwan will have to face china, but then again china will have to face the world. China teeters pricariously on the world scene and it's image is of more importance than china would like to admit. China has to face the consumers of the world not the politics of it. If just the popullation of the U.S decided to stop purchasing chinese goods we could cause a serious tremor in their economy.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Yes. China needs to change its ways concerning Tibet. It is after all the topic of this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

And then they who hold ALOT of US dollars drop the money on the market killing America economically overnight.
Other words they kinda have America by the balls so to speak.
They know it and have threatened to do just that.
Which is one reason I voted for Ron Paul and his getting rid of the federal reserve idea.

And besides Wal-Mart keeps packing us in after all.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I guess then I am confused as to some of your posts. You sound as if the alleviation of Tibetan pain is something you support. What I see in all my research is a large portion of the world supporting Tibetans. I just pray that there is enough passion and compassion for the world to stand up and say to china "Change your ways in Tibet"

correction, only a small portion, and blown up by certain media

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

That correction is not a correction.
It's a statement.
You have no proof of that otherwise you'd have shown it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

OK, to refuse chinese goods will not benifit yourself in any way.
my last reply would be that Tibet is China's internal issues and have nothing to do with you guys. you'd better shut up. otherwise it would be only in totally vain even if you shout to the extent of hurting your throat.

take care of yourself in the credit crisis.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
ironically some of these ignorant people claim that Tibet or other Chinese INTERNAL issues are dear to them for years, so why you never have visitted these places? here I see a bunch of people who should come and visit China, pay only 3000 RMB (a bit more than 200 bucks) to a local mainland Chinese tour guy, and you are freely to go to anywhere in China to see with your own eyes what China is, make whatever pictures you wanna make, talk to whomever you wanna talk, your guy will translate anything for you in his best tongues, visit local pubs, leave the big cities, visit the villages and towns, visit the autonomies, smell the land, oh never forget to watch TV, see ESPN or CNN, see the Taiwanese or different Provincal broadcasting channels and tell us what your findings are

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

That correction is not a correction.
It's a statement.
You have no proof of that otherwise you'd have shown it.

that's a very good point, so where is your fellow guy's evidence in 'large portion' statements? or your evidence to backup your statements?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I agree. Taiwan will have to face china, but then again china will have to face the world. China teeters pricariously on the world scene and it's image is of more importance than china would like to admit. China has to face the consumers of the world not the politics of it. If just the popullation of the U.S decided to stop purchasing chinese goods we could cause a serious tremor in their economy.

You should go to Taiwan too and talk to the Taiwanese what they think about the 'one China policy'

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
wwssii;

Calling Tibet an iternal crisis would be like US naming Iraq their 51st state and calling it an interal crisis.
China has invaded Tibet and attempt to assimilate it, do you agree?
After that we can duscuss if it's a bad thing to Tibetians... maybe it's is to some, it's good to some.

China is not a bad place to be, or majority of it. But some places are literally like from 19th century. And the communist regime should be brought to justice for its crimes against humanity. (not nessesarily Tibet, there are many others)

Ps. I'm still waiting on the apology for being called an American. How would you think if i called you Japanese or Korean.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by northwolf]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

OK, i am really sorry for mistaking you as an american. it is indeed a very insulting title. sorry again.

and you have right to stick to your wrongly minded idea about China. that is normal. i am tired of correcting this. good luck!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

That is possible but I don't think they would do that. It would be like putting your queen out too fast in a game of chess. The chinese have a lot of mortgage fund investment, banking investment and a lot of treasury investment here, they are beginning to hurt now from our sagging economy. We live in a world economy now based on trade. The largest manufacturer will want to see to the health of the largest consumers, Americans.

Bombs flying around will not serve chinas new found needs to dominate the world markets.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Now we get to the semantics and misinterpretations part of the argument.
Funny how so many use that as a last ditch.

I have not tried to correct anyone.
You have. Proof please?
I have made my statements with the implied "to the best of my knowledge".
And knowing what I know of history and human nature.
You make statements of fact with no proof to back it up.
Big difference.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Taking America out the picture completely would serve them admirably I think.
They know they are the up and coming next world power. They are rapidly getting all their ducks in a line so to speak.
And America is sadly for me at least.
Waning.
We are not and most likely will never be a industrial power again.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Have you noticed the upset that comes to our chinese friends when anyone speaks of boycotting chinese products?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Two words.
National Pride.
They right now have the ego feeding mechanism of supplying US (thanks to the US corporation that sold us out) with most its junk and in certain minds being better than us because of that.
Us boycotting them would ruin that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join