Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Would my claim still be ignorant if I have been to China and Tibet? I would be interested in knowing what you think of the link I provide here.

video.google.com...

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
maybe i made a mistake as saying that chinese can access any website outside. i had wanted to mean those mainstream media. as for those strongly anti-china webs, of course they are blocked. but there is another interesting things named proxy, you must know this, right?

chinese have no interest in browsing those political website. it is of no significance. we know the problem in china well, but we know better what we need most at present.

i must reiterate that only small group of hooligans donated by someone else claim the senseless independence. not all the tibetans. Dalai Lama is not the only religious leader in tibet. it is a comlicated religious issue even i as a chinese cant explain that clearly.

i can speak that in this way, even if all the tibetans want to be independent, it is also invalid without all the chinese's approval. the land in tibet is not only belong to tibetans but the whole population of China because our ancestors once sacrificed a big lot to protect the land. taiwan is also the same case.

understand this or not, such affection has rooted deeply in all chinese hearts. it is very weird to discuss such things in china, do you know?. it is natural truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwssii
maybe i made a mistake as saying that chinese can access any website outside. i had wanted to mean those mainstream media. as for those strongly anti-china webs, of course they are blocked.

In America, we can access any website without fear of being thrown in jail. That may soon change however.

Anti-American websites are not blocked. We are able to disagree with our government and indeed protest without fear of punishment. It is actually written in our Bill of Rights.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
So what!

What are we all gonna do???

nothin.

here is a great Idea! Go to your local animal shelter and rescue a dog or cat.

Take care of them, you know how.

Then...go look at your-self in the mirror and say...wow!! I really made a difference !!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Given that your access to world news and the inhumane conduct of your government is denied, could it be that you are not seeing and hearing the full truth on this matter. We have an open society that allows us to learn those things that are sometimes painful. You have been sheltered from the cruelty inflicted upon Tibetans, however we have the ability to not only search out such things but are also allowed to act upon our own conscience.

It would help our discussions here if we were not so personally insulted by chinese posters. Have at our leaders and what they do, I verbally beat my own government all of the time, but I will not stop there. Where ever I see injustice, corruption and human rights violations I will always make myself heard.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Would my claim still be ignorant if I have been to China and Tibet? I would be interested in knowing what you think of the link I provide here.

video.google.com...

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Witness2008]

That depends on how you would judge the thing that you have seen or will be seeing, open-minded objectively or plainout closed-minded biased like you are doing now

Disclaimer: Never ever I have said China is perfect, we have our problems, we will tackle the problems by ourselves, maybe you should start doing that too in your own nation, whichever that might be.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
like i SAID, YA CAN'T SAVE THE WORLD.

If you want to really make things all "feel good" in your world.

Go, save a dog..or cat..for jeeeesus k-rist sake..doo- something.

You are not going to change the china-man-...they eat dogs and cats..they do-not-care-what -we-think- (except "wal-mart") just do what you can ..now...understand????

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

yes, in china it is rarely seen that someone protest the government openly, but on internet such discussion cant be more regular. even in the street there are also some protestors holding sign to express their dissents. such things are just not so popular.

in one word, china is not an excellent country in the world and still has a lot to do to improve the social well being. but, this doesnt constitute the fundation of tibet's independence. right?

i come to realize that the only thing can satisfy all of you is the chinese government let go the rioters and see nothing about the independence of tibet. so you will be content, right?

you can disagree the actions of the gov, but you cant deny the chinese ppl's rights to own a whole country.

when it come to the soldier of China,i have no comments since we read different sources of news in this regard. it is enough that i know how respectable they are. you like them or not doesnt make sense.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
like i SAID, YA CAN'T SAVE THE WORLD.

If you want to really make things all "feel good" in your world.

Go, save a dog..or cat..for jeeeesus k-rist sake..doo- something.

You are not going to change the china-man-...they eat dogs and cats..they do-not-care-what -we-think- (except "wal-mart") just do what you can ..now...understand????

Yeah and rats, lizards and the like

you tackled an important point here though, even said in a very disrespectful way, anyhow that is MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS FIRST, if you don't know where to start, you could start helping the millions of homeless people in your country

[edit on 17/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

maybe your so-called truth about China is not true fundamemtally ,how can you confirm that it is absolutely right? do you really believe that the western media really hold an objective attitude toward china?

can you imagine what your Bush goverment will do if Alaska declare independence once a day? . to sit in your rival's shoes may make you find more truth, at least understand the things more clearly or objectively.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I have always been open minded and have appreciated chinese history, all of the scientific advancements when europe was still trying to light a fire. The complexity of your many languages and cultures, you have a rich history. But your country is in a place right now that I find most unfriendly to not only Tibetans but chinese. I see video documentation of the execution buses that travel widley in china. I see the censorship that your government uses in order to maintain control. Human rights in china is not a very high priority. Then I see the news accounts and the video of Tibetans being shot one by one as they make a pilgrimage across the mountains to Nepal, the beatings and crack downs, the accounts of rape and execution. I have no other choice by to speak out.

Can you access the link I posted just above this and give me your opinion?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I do help the people in my own country, and well..I only have so much room for homeless animals. Now I CHOSE to help Tibet.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

We used to offer Chinese a way to circuvent the sensor system... i hope that effort did some difference. It took the Chicom nearly a year to block the hole we kept open. I hope it opened some peoples eyes to the oppression their government did.

Sometimes you can make a difference. And as you can see Chicoms are forcefully trying to silence these protests too. See my previous post.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenGalaxy

I feel freer in China than all more 27 years living in Europe.

You know, you are crossing certain lines at ATS, you are creating hatred and saying racistic things about a country you have never visitted! Disrespecting the soldiers who is defending their honoured country. You are so biased and brainwashed that you can not think even think clearly anymore. If I have not so many European and American friends who are more open and clear minded, then I would really think the Western World is only filled with racists.

As a BUDHIST I don't mind going to temples to do my duties, but in no way I would wear a T-Shirt with the picture of someone who I do associate with civil unrest and pointless claims, similar is like I don't see you wearing a T-Shirt with the picture of Bin laden.

And if i feel the need to criticize my government I would not only blatantly ramp up some pointless words, but do it in a constructive way wherein the grand direction and the overall interest of the total Chinese population should be taken in mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I am referring to Homeless People, same kind of human beings you are supposedly trying to save thousands of miles away from your home, or you rather turn your head away from them at home and look further, because deep down in your heart you know your choice will not make a difference at all, same as if you try to solve the issues at home, because the same problems will occur anyhow

[edit on 17/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet

Tibet exile government says 80 killed in protests
www.alertnet.org...

I think we should really begin looking at the idea of boycotting the Beijing Olympics like Germany is.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
its just a money hungry chinese government trying to snap up more lands & taxpayers to help fund and build a new world super power, thats it thay dont care how thay get wot thay want but thay want it quick,

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Biggest problem of china is the fact that billion people are living in poverty (rural china) an they feed the 500 million living in modern china. 2/3rds of the Cinese are subdued by Beijing, in order to feedthe rest.

And todays China is not a historical entity, it's borders were drawn by Maos revolution. It combined several independent countires into the communistic china.

Ps. What is the difference between communism and rat-poison?
Rat poison kills everyone smaller than a cat, communism kills everyone. (Finnish anecdote)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thanks to the many folks that are awake.

The Chinese are good people. The way that humans in China treat (and think-to a point of sociopathic mind set) humans and animals is not to some ...good.

We as humans need to step back and judge whats fair. Then. We can move along.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

Follow up on the journalist. She has been released. She showed a sinlge tape containing only her own narratives to the chinese officials. Rest of the tapes containing interviews of tibetians were hidden from the security forces and should be released soon.

Brave girlie, bluffed her tapes through the security

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join