It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
as a chinese, i really dont know how to reply this issue.

Tibet is a unalienable part of china, not for it resources or strategic position, just for its land of chinese. tibetans are also chinese. that is the case.

Tibet has never been an independent region, they have no rights to claim an indepence at all. no matter what measures they use, it will fall in vain after all.

And now, to link the tibet issue to the olympics is just the purpose of the rioters and other involved, including you guys maybe. but this is the expression of timid and doomed to lose the power for lack of justice and truth.

no matter what you say and want to do, even olympic failed in china, the resolution of chinese will never been changed or weakened. so stop your hypocrisy. those death of han people are really victism. they are the really peaceloveings. the ruthless behaviors of the "tibet monks" is beyond my imagination, they are not really monks. to put on the clothe of monk doesnt mean they are really monk. they are wolves with lamb skin to win the sympathy of you hypocricals.

no more to say. china is not iraq, Tibet is not kosovo.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwssii
tibetans are also chinese.

Tibet has never been an independent region, they have no rights to claim an indepence at all. no matter what measures they use, it will fall in vain after all.

Actually Tibet was a sovereign nation up until 1950. I believe the Tibetans consider themselves Tibetans not Chinese.

And now, to link the tibet issue to the olympics is just the purpose of the rioters and other involved, including you guys maybe. but this is the expression of timid and doomed to lose the power for lack of justice and truth.

China's actions link directly to the Olympics. The Olympics is supposed to be an example of equality and sportsmanship. To have it in China, where countless human and animal rights violations have occurred, is an insult to the games and the people involved.

no matter what you say and want to do, even olympic failed in china, the resolution of chinese will never been changed or weakened. so stop your hypocrisy. those death of han people are really victism. they are the really peaceloveings. the ruthless behaviors of the "tibet monks" is beyond my imagination, they are not really monks. to put on the clothe of monk doesnt mean they are really monk. they are wolves with lamb skin to win the sympathy of you hypocricals.

I don't think the communist Chinese government represents all Chinese. No one said that.

I criticize my own government for being fascist. However, that does not mean everyone in the government is a fascist.

Monks are monks, whether or not they are peace-loving or not is subjective. Buddhism is generally a peaceful religion, and your government banned religion for a long time.

Who really are the monsters here?

The Tibetans who want independence or the Chinese government who don't care to listen?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

There would seem to be a difference of opinion here. I chose to exercise my freedoms and my humanity in order to hopefully bring some relief to all Tibetans. Their treatment under chinese rule is vicious to say the least. Just because you believe Tibet belongs to china does not give china the right to rape, torture, imprison or murder. China does it to its own people.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Edit for misinterpretation

[edit on 16-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It is the responsibility of the free world, the supposed civilized society to protect the oppressed when ever possible.
This is not worth it because of the fact it is a religious situation.
If it were about oil we would be there right away guns blazing.
There is some understanding that their oil is theirs and the soviet union, so nothing to democratize here, let them kill each other and maybe one day we can take what we covet.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The part I don't understand is why people blame other country's problem while they suffering similar(but different) problems in there own.
Why don't you just go Tibet and set the Tibetans free.

This is damn politica.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tobycd

If my government listened to a single word I say, or gave a #, there would be something I could do on a personal level.

Aside from a violent revolution, my country is #ed.

My country is responsible for the genocide of the native Americans, slavery, and countless other atrocities.

I spend pretty much all day pointing out how America is the "Great Satan."

That gets boring after a while and I need to focus on other "Great Satans."

Well, China comes to mind when I think about the devil and how darkness would behave if it was indeed a country/government.

[edit on 3/16/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
self-edit

[edit on 16-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
TO biggie smalls

your history knowledge is wrongly minded by western media. Tibet has never been a complete independent nation since Tang dynasty. during the yuan and Qing dynasty, even in the time of KuominTang's controlling the country, tibet is a part of China. Sun Yat-sen admited this undoubtedly.

olympic has nothing to do with political issues. human rights have different criteria in different nations. China has its problems in terms of this issue, but this never means that China is a barbarian society. civilization is also common valur cherished by chinese greatly.

chinese government do represent the chinese ppl especially in terms of the sovereinty integrity. China never bans any religion and only curbs those separatist under name of religion. it is religion that has much to do with politics other than olympics.

monks doesnt mean good guys. Tibet has no rights to declare independence. even in Tibet this idea is also not accepted by general public. only small group of insane gangsters hold such thoughts. they are deceived and utilized by Dalai Lama.

in addition, there must be some donators to uphold those separatist as every chinese ppl know this clearly.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The brighter the light shines in a place once dark things will become to be seen

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the number of chinese posting? Between this thread and a couple of more on the same subject.... I think we are being infiltrated.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
for all those there.

the only thing that i want to say is that you really dont know about China. you are misleaded by you media and bias education.

i welcome you to china to find the real face of the nation. dont let the blinded imaginations dominated your mind and drew the wrong conclusions. it will harm the world peace in some degree. hehe....

peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

i am chinese and live in Beijing. i never hide this.

i log on the forum openly, no infiltrate.
if this board doesnt welcome a beijinger, i can quit quietly.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Has anyone noticed the number of chinese posting? Between this thread and a couple of more on the same subject.... I think we are being infiltrated.

I noticed that too...right after I posted the "ad" post. My bad. Horribly timed joke...I will delete it if I still can.

Maybe though...this is an opportunity rather than an infiltration. People to people diplomacy. Honestly I think that is one of the greatest benefits of a world wide on-line forum. Real people, in the virtual sense, sitting down and breaking bread together across the web. It is a challenge. We all have our own branding of propaganda that has been imprinted on us. We all have been taught to believe certain truths...

Forums like ATS may actually be the one thing that can crush these artificial barriers of our leader will talk to your leader and see what we can work out old fashioned solutions. If we can talk to each other...this is less need for some one person to "talk for us."

This social experiment in on-line peace and cultural negotiations will not be easy...but you have to believe if there is good in all of us...it could find it's way to common ground through person to person contact without hidden agendas.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Firstly, I will say this:

Many of us live in a well. We only see the world as it is from the bottom of the well. To us, the world is just that little circlet of sky. To truly see the world in its purest state is to be outside of that well.

Over the course of my life I have studied and come to understand how the human mind really perceives the world is exists within.

All of us are proud of the nation we live in (here I am speaking of our sense of nationality in general). We dismiss whatever bad remarks are made towards our country. We thrive in the stories of our country's greatest heroes, victorious battles, and clever inventions. Our fathers tell us of those brave men and women of our native country who stood against evil and sacrificed everything they had to protect their nation against those invading scum.

Yet we don't hear about the cruel side of our country. Those dark, looming conspiracies that lurk behind every potentially suspicious action carried out by our government. Our invasions of other countries which we cover up for by saying we are trying to help them and free them. The several hundreds of people we murdered merely to make a point.

My father once told me all those wonderful "good" stories about our country. He told me about all of those courageous heroes like they were some sort of holy legend. I, being a simple child, took all of it in.

However, I eventually grew out of it and developed my own sense of logical reasoning. I found that we are greatly influenced by these childhood experiences and we must not let them brainwash us (the same applies for religion).

On American television, we see our troops as trying to help the middle eastern countries, Afghanistan and Iraq. We're freeing them from evil dictatorship, right? Well I have been to four other countries and seen their local television news channels (one of the countries being China). Apparently, not everyone believes this intention, whether it be truth, fabrication, or a mixture of the two. Many non-Americans are referring to this event as an invasion by American military.

Now, before those of you who are about to slam me for what I said (since you have obviously been brought up being taught by your parents that the U.S. is definitely the best or one of the best countries ever), it is time to reveal the truth about China.

On Chinese television, specifically CCTV (which I actually have in my DishNetwork cable TV plan, strangely enough), Chinese people are trying to keep a sense of unity between them and Tibet (as according to the Chinese and as I have confirmed as well, Tibetans were once Chinese before just as Americans were once English). The Chinese believe that to lose Tibet is to lose part of their unity. And as everyone is speculating, they don't want lots of trouble right before their 2008 Olympics which comes only once every perhaps few hundred years, if not rarer.

But on about three other local news channels I have seen including in the U.S., this is not a matter of unity but actually the brutal murdering of peaceful Tibetan monks.

No country is perfect. All of us born and bred in the U.S. will perhaps never ever even come close to believing that the U.S. would commit any violent or greatly immoral act. Mostly because of the influence of our parental upbringing and also due to the fact that the news channels we watch on TV and the newspapers we read are all run by who? Right, Americans. But don't hate me for saying that, I'm just using the U.S. as an example. This applies for EVERY country out there.

It's easy to spit at other countries but hard to admit our own nation's mistakes since doing that would be insulting our own heritage.

I hope some of you who have read this rather long post will understand my meaning: that we must all forget the ignorance that has held our lives in chains and shackles for so long and must view the world as a whole so that we can soar free, up and out of the Well.

~Greg

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Nah, the truth is that you've already been misled by our own media while you saying so.

you can't objectively understand why our government oppressing Tibetans by reading our own newspaper and watch our own TV news alone without take a wise thinking. You are now basically accept whatever our government sells to you.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Diplomacy at ATS would be great, however I am curious as to how so many national chinese are managing to get around all those filters and barriers the chinese government has implimented. Google got their nose dirtied for denying access within china then turning over to the chinese government the name of a desenting national. I think I'll check into how easy it is to access such a subversive site like ATS within china.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Problem is and sorry if someone else already said this but.....

China is NEVER going to let go Tibet. They feel it is theirs by all rights.
Doesn't matter what the people there want.

Hell look at the situation with Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

For all we know the Chinese nationals here are agents for their government.
I have talked to a few and they have A VERY set view and cannot be told that their government is just as bent as everyone else's.
Most I've talked to seem to think the sun rises and sets in their leader's arses.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

You're wrong my brainwashed-by-propaganda friend.
Tibet was a sovereign nation until 1957.
And the rewriting of history to justify the slaughter of innocent
Tibetans means China has lost face and has no integrity.
China did not govern Tibet in the T'ang dynasty not in the Sung
dynasty, nor the Ming nor the Chop Suey Dynasty. The Tang Dynasty
was over 1,000 years ago during a time when even all of China
like it's neighbor Japan was made up of Feudal Kingdoms.

Why has there been 14 Dalai Lamas in succession ruling Tibet for
the last 10 centuries or so? The Tibetans followed their leader
the Dalai Lama for all these centuries. That is why China has
made a law that Tibetans cannot even own a photo of the
Dalai Lama. China is afraid because the Dalai Lama uses
the most powerful weapon in the galaxy and that weapon is
WISDOM and COMPASSION!!!
China has always been defeated by the Dalai Lama's wisdom.
China uses poison, torture, cruelty and therefore is already
defeated by it's own negative actions. Any soldier that hurts
a monk will be reborn as a dung beetle or a cockroach. What
can be more of humiliating than that?

Maybe the Chinese did not want that but
it is laughable to say that Tibet was a part of China. Hello why do you
think it is called Tibet and the people are Tibetans?

Even when the Chinese tried to invade Tibet in the earlier 20th century
it could not win simply because of Tibet's geography. The rivers and
steep mountain passes always allowed for Tibetans to defeat the
Chinese because the Chinese troops became isolated and
could not resupply. Occupations never work.
The Tibetans never gave up and they slowly picked off
the invaders until they retreated. There are history books in US
libraries written about this. The Tibetans were like the Ewoks defeating
the Imperial troops. The only reason China was able to stay in
Lhasa and Tibet in the 1950's was because of airplanes that could
re-supply it's troops.

You can not read these history books in China because the Chinese
government is too weak and insecure to allow the real history to be
given to it's people. So it makes these tacky propaganda films full
of lies and then tries to brainwash its citizens.

Please wake up from your insecure country's ignorant propaganda.
It makes Americans think that the Chinese are stupid when it comes
to their own history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join