It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I like this keyboard better

Originally posted by sy.gunson
It's all about personal abuse, changing the topic, creating distractions.

i'm blinded by your irony.

who was it that said we were secret agents and that their computers were suddenly having crazy problems? apparently your wild cinema has tampered w/ your thoughts cos we don't live in the Matrix.

if the entire idea of it is not a sure sign of immaturity, it's either brain damage or just stupidity.

for 31 pages, you (yes you sy.gunson) still have not addressed the matter of your slanted media, at least not to any of my previous requests. therefore YOU are avoiding the topic.

One point they hold in common. None of them will debate the real matters of human rights and Tibetan sovereignty.

ok, sure. go ahead, what do you have to say about it? and please don't use western media articles to support you arguments.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's a game of baiting to get off topic.

Best not to play there game and keep referring back to facts which they clearly have trouble responding to.

The baiting game is just cheap point scoring, but it actually creates a negative image for China which will backfire.

What most irritates me is not the predictable baiting of these recent ATS members, but the failure of Western Governments to stand up for Tibet.

Maybe it is not China who is the enemy, but our own Governments who say nothing ?

With enough pressure China would be forced to make real changes, but the truth is our Governments are apologists for China. We may not be able to change China, but we can influence thinking in our own countries. We should shame our own nations to act on Tibet.

PS The WTO must be forced to set minimum standards of human rights before a nation can enjoy membership of WTO. That is what we need to change.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by sy.gunson

I feel bad for some of these guys, they grow up reading and hearing a fluffy history about china, and are taught about all the western atrocities. If they had a leg to stand on they wouldn't have to resort to the insults. But I honestly believe many are being paid to disrupt any converstions on the truth. I have not seen much of CW.

really? weren't you the one that said american media is "incompetent"? therefore I feel sorry for americans, growing up in a country full of "incompetent" media and consequently "incompetent" education.

nah, we don't get paid as much as your slanted media does by a corrupted government and greedy corporations.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Best not to play there game and keep referring back to facts which they clearly have trouble responding to.

The baiting game is just cheap point scoring, but it actually creates a negative image for China which will backfire.

What most irritates me is not the predictable baiting of these recent ATS members, but the failure of Western Governments to stand up for Tibet.

Maybe it is not China who is the enemy, but our own Governments who say nothing ?

With enough pressure China would be forced to make real changes, but the truth is our Governments are apologists for China. We may not be able to change China, but we can influence thinking in our own countries. We should shame our own nations to act on Tibet.

if you cannot support your argument, fine with me. then I know you are unable to give any reason.

or...you can just simply give a post on what you believe and why.

it's a simple task which you are complicating or perhaps "avoiding".

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow, I was reading discussion about the Serbia downing of U.S. stealth plane and saw discussion about Tibet. I joined to post discussion about Tibet and suddenly I am accused of being a brigand. Are we back in John McCarthy era? I've never been to China and am not a brigand. Whoever is lying, may he be strike by ........ something to do with that nice electricity that comes down from above.

Why don't you dispute what I said instead of resulting to name calling? Sorry I am not jumping on a bandwagon based on exaggerated claim by one side of the conflict. We all know what exiles with axe to grind can do. Remember the Iraqi exile who claim Saddam have WMD?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kv001
I joined to post discussion about Tibet and suddenly I am accused of being a brigand.

yes, I know what you mean. they just have no other response so they just call us "brigands" and secret spies. then they say we are avoiding the topic and calling others names. haha, they are getting very very desperate.

aren't they the ones that seem more likely to be paid to lead away from the truth? they never give us direct answer to what we say and just resort to their wild imaginations of us being hacking agents that caused their computers to experience weird problems. sad, very sad.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Someone mentioned they can't imagine monk throwing stone. Well here's a video that shows exactly that in Tibet.

Yeah, so. Here's a few articles about the Phnom Penh riot police bashing monks outside the Vietnamese Embassy. Some of those monks fought back, too.

tinquehuong.wordpress.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.news.com.au...
www.abs-cbnnews.com...

and for the eyewitness reports

www.expat-advisory.com...

A lot of people can't believe that Dalai Lama, the reincarnated god glorified by Hollywood is capable of supporting such violence. By now, a lot of accounts of past feudal and pedophile activity of old Tibet have surfaced for those who care to search. But at the peak of the savage rioting, Dalai Lama was asked if he would ask his follower to stop and he said no.

Absolute bulldust.

It's been suggested the Dalai Lama would resign if Tibetans launch an armed struggle with China...

...China has blamed the Buddhist spiritual leader of Tibet, the Dalai Lama, for orchestrating violence after days of rioting by Tibetans protesting at Chinese rule.

While denying accusations of inciting violence in Tibet, the Dalai Lama - who endorses non-violent protest - has gone so far as to repeat a 20-year-old vow to "completely resign" if the Tibetans start an armed insurrection against the Chinese.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Tibetan spiritual leader has once again repeated his insistence that he does not want independence for Tibet.

He says he is ready to sit face-to-face with China's president.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Violence is against human nature," the Dalai Lama said. "We must not develop anti-Chinese feelings. Whether we like it or not we have to live side-by-side."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Any other lies you'd like to spread?

Oh, and using the words "oh no" in no way shows confusion and/or hisitation on my part. It show irony. Well, probably sarcasm, although wry is what I was aiming for.

Oh, also, ikaruga, if the Chinese are blocked from wiki etc, then how can they tell us if our media is biased against them and how can they tell we are falling for lies?

edit: wrong link

[edit on 26-3-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Wow, I was reading discussion about the Serbia downing of U.S. stealth plane and saw discussion about Tibet. I joined to post discussion about Tibet and suddenly I am accused of being a brigand. Are we back in John McCarthy era? I've never been to China and am not a brigand. Whoever is lying, may he be strike by ........ something to do with that nice electricity that comes down from above.

Why don't you dispute what I said instead of resulting to name calling? Sorry I am not jumping on a bandwagon based on exaggerated claim by one side of the conflict. We all know what exiles with axe to grind can do. Remember the Iraqi exile who claim Saddam have WMD?

What can we say, get used to it, if you are not on their side, then you are doomed forever
And you are now even being labelled as a Chinese, what an insult!
However, whatever your race is, you must either be related to the ancient Chinese or being paid by the Chinese government. How come otherwise you would be able to write such a well written full of well researched sources objective post trying to 'preach' to these true believers in changing their minds and opinions!

But seriously, get used to it, well, I mean being accused of derailing the topics etc are getting so old, or being accused of only providing "biased"/brainwashed CCP-cudling information. I know how you feel, been there, went through the hell before in this and the other threads
It becomes so boring! it seems like all those posts by Chinese or non-Chinese talking about the points are ignored... the sadness of not being listened to when talking about the Chinese history, trying to make analysis of the situation, trying to show what rioters are really doing, it is even worse than when an American business woman on an anti-Chinese-products-rampage feels bad for me.... the sadness!

Seriously, you really believed that they will check that Harvard article out and notice that most of the "independent Tibet" uprising etc were probably started and some setup/staged by the upper elites in the Lama world, who wanted to hold on their power? or should I say that with more respect the "Land of Snows"? Or that China will never let Tibet becomes independent, because of her strategic importance, including to keep a stable society for the overal Chinese populations? Or that the Dalai Lama is merely a pawn in this fight for power between fractions who have every reasons to use his holiness for their political goals? Hey you don't talk bad about their holiness, he can not be imperfect,, he is pure. Sigh. I passed that naiive phase now

No no, I already understand, I will report to my superiors in Beijing that true believers in ATS can not be healed anymore, and officially apply to do the nicer jobs. You know, manipulating childrens in believing that the Russians are the one to blame for the Pokeworld destruction is so much easier!

[edit on 26/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

As far as the Dalai Lama saying he will resign if violence persists and that he doesn't want independence for Tibet goes, it's just pure politics.

Of course he is going to say that. It is a great PR tactic.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

over half of your quoted excerpts were from bbc...which is probably only 2nd most corrupt after cnn.

and yet after maybe 7 or 8 pages you still have not answered my question on slanted media. I am beginning to believe you are just incapable of answering it.

maybe I should make it bold AND italics AND underlined:

How can you still quote news from your own biased and "incompetent" media?

and before you use the excuse, "how do you know I'm american?", I don't care, you are clearly acting like one by citing unreliable, corrupted western media.

a debater must answer his or her opponents' questions. you fail to do so.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by worldtruth]

Edn

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldtruth

How can you still quote news from your own biased and "incompetent" media?

Thats simple, because there is no unbiased media. Chinese media is just as bad if not worse.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Some of these guys remind me of kids I knew in first grade, school yard bully types, name calling, side swiping bullying.

Yeah, but they suck at it, BAD. They are like very weak little bullies, lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

who was it that said we were secret agents and that their computers were suddenly having crazy problems? apparently your wild cinema has tampered w/ your thoughts cos we don't live in the Matrix.

Oh, so computer viruses are all our imagination, huh?
We can all stop worrying about all that anti-virus software people, worldtruth says it's all in our heads....

I was half joking when I said you guys planted it, but at the same time it is odd that the day after I started with these Tibet threads my home PC will not let me stay on ATS for more than 5 minutes before popping up that 'debug' error and freezing entirely, I don't even bother trying to post because it will freeze before I finish and I'll lose everything. It may be entirely unrelated, but it's fuel for thought as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Wow, I was reading discussion about the Serbia downing of U.S. stealth plane and saw discussion about Tibet.

Ah, that's interesting, and a very old topic. Anyway, if you shoot enough up into the sky, eventually you'll get lucky and hit something.

We don't even use those anymore.

I joined to post discussion about Tibet and suddenly I am accused of being a brigand.

I don't know what a "brigand" is....did you say you were an American? Your name isn't Greg, is it?

edit: found out what a brigand was...

An outlaw, one who practices brigandage.
en.wikipedia.org...

I can't find where anybody said you were an "outlaw", kv001.

互聯網旅 (just in case that's easier)

Are we back in John McCarthy era? I've never been to China and am not a brigand. Whoever is lying, may he be strike by ........ something to do with that nice electricity that comes down from above.

Well, I'm still here, wonder if you'll be back, lol.

For not being a Chinese poster, you sure have a similar debate style. Anyway, what is your position on the Tibet issue based on, I'm curious. You seem to have a strong pro-China slant, and that's rare from non-Chinese on this issue. Where have you gotten your info from? Your opinion about the Dalai Lama is a tad strong for somebody who is just a casual observer....

[edit on 27-3-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
I know how you feel, been there, went through the hell before in this and the other threads
It becomes so boring! it seems like all those posts by Chinese or non-Chinese talking about the points are ignored... the sadness of not being listened to when talking about the Chinese history, trying to make analysis of the situation, trying to show what rioters are really doing, it is even worse than when an American business woman on an anti-Chinese-products-rampage feels bad for me.... the sadness!

Jeez IchiNiSan. Hell? Wow, if it's that bad, nobody is forcing you to come here...probably.

I'm still curious why you guys are so worried about what we all think about China anyway. I know you guys dislike America, and I couldn't care less. You should try it sometimes, it'll stop "the sadness" that is wearing so heavily on your tortured soul.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

over half of your quoted excerpts were from bbc...which is probably only 2nd most corrupt after cnn.

Is CNN the only American media outlet you know about? Of ALL the major media outlets, IMO CNN is the least slanted. Check out FOX or MSNBC sometime...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wow, 27jd, you seem to have posted a lot. perhaps the government is paying you by post count?

Originally posted by 27jd
They are like very weak little bullies

yes, you are absolutely right Witness2008, we call other people names. or did you maybe confuse us with 27jd, probably the most immature person in this debate?

Originally posted by Edn
Thats simple, because there is no unbiased media.

right. everything they tell us is true. the american troops really helping the iraqis...just through killing and raping them, but you don't need to know that part so we'll cut it out of this broadcast.

I can't find where anybody said you were an "outlaw", kv001.

totally idiot. he said he was called a "brigand". so you go on the internet and look up what brigand means. you find a synonym, "outlaw". so now you assume someone called him an "outlaw" when he clearly said the word "brigand".

You seem to have a strong pro-China slant,

You seem to have an anti-China slant. strange isn't it? like a phenomenon.

still yet, only Edn has answered my question and his response was 1 sentence without any proof (thus invalid). still waiting...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

PS The WTO must be forced to set minimum standards of human rights before a nation can enjoy membership of WTO. That is what we need to change.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

You know, sy.gunson, from your signature here I understand that you are pro-Dalansala because the signature itself clearly shows it. I also saw some signature of a Chinese 5-star flag, which should also suggest his (her) inclination. No wonder you guys fight each other. I understand that Dalai Lama does not consider Tibet is an independent country. And none of the major governments admit that Tibet is a country. On the contrary, they all admit that Tibet is a part of China. I don't understnd why you still claim that Tibet is an independent country. is that the reason youwant to fight the governments of all those countries? Gee, that is a tough task.

I don't think that you should ask my country to fight a war against China for your independence. That is really out of our capacity. Who can fight a war against China? If you really want indenpendence, you can fight for yourself. Don't expect that others, including WTO or the Olympic Game, should fight for your independence. You are raising unrelated issue to those agencies. They are not for Tibetan independence or Human right, as you claimed.

To those pro-China guys:

There could be some misunderstanding or biasness in many media, including CNN. But why do you accuse so many media from so many countries? Are they all crazy? You guys also used reports from those media to suport your points every now and then, right? At least they are not all crazy.

Another question, why don't you guys let Dalai Lama go back to Tibet? He admits that Tibet is a part of China. He just wants autonomy.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

wow, 27jd, you seem to have posted a lot. perhaps the government is paying you by post count?

Paying me for what exactly?
How, exactly, has my posting benefitted my goverment in any way? Can you show me ONE post where I try and justify the wrong doings of my own government? I'll wait patiently. I criticize my own government far more often than the Chinese government. But think what you want, again, I don't care what you think. I ain't goin anywhere regardless, I will continue to point out what I see as a PRC sponsored propaganda campaign.
And yeah, I have posted alot, because I have to catch up when I get to work, cuz my computer at home isn't working correctly, as we've already gone over.

Originally posted by Edn

right. everything they tell us is true. the american troops really helping the iraqis...just through killing and raping them, but you don't need to know that part so we'll cut it out of this broadcast.

Are you REALLY that dense? I find it hard to believe that you are. Chinese folks are supposed to be pretty smart, I thought anyway. Edn clearly stated that ALL media is BIASED, thus stating he/she questions whether anything ANY media says is true. Learn english before you jump into something like sarcasm.

totally idiot.

Yay! You resorted to actual name calling first.

And it wasn't a synonym, it was the definition of "brigand"...

brig·and (brgnd)
n.
A robber or bandit, especially one of an outlaw band.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Now, let's define the correct word I used...

Brigade \Bri*gade"\, n. [F. brigade, fr. It. brigata troop, crew, brigade, originally, a contending troop, fr. briga trouble, quarrel. See Brigand.]

1. (Mil.) A body of troops, whether cavalry, artillery, infantry, or mixed, consisting of two or more regiments, under the command of a brigadier general.

Note: Two or more brigades constitute a division, commanded by a major general; two or more divisions constitute an army corps, or corps d'arm['e]e. [U.S.]

2. Any body of persons organized for acting or marching together under authority; as, a fire brigade.
www.dictionary.net...

得到它,白痴嗎?

You seem to have an anti-China slant. strange isn't it? like a phenomenon.

Actually, I only have an 'anti-paid disinfo agent' slant. You can go back and read my position on Tibet if you wish, I don't care either way. This board is NOT going to be tainted and used as a tool by the Chinese government, 白痴. Not without me pointing it out the WHOLE way.

still yet, only Edn has answered my question and his response was 1 sentence without any proof (thus invalid

Thus invalid?
You couldn't even comprehend what Edn said...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by 27jd]

Edn

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

still yet, only Edn has answered my question and his response was 1 sentence without any proof (thus invalid). still waiting...

What? did you read what I said cairfully?

All media is biased. Media corporations from the UK, US, Russia, Poland, Holland, China, Japan, etc. they are all biased.

There biased for a few reasons, the main one is the person writing the article will always have his/her own view and no matter how hard they try to give an unbiased view they will general make a biased article, the main reason for that is news company's tend not to have strict rules on biased articles.

The second is the media company's usually has there own agenda and that is usually to enforce the views of the government, that means heavily biased news even to the point of news being total fabricated, and im sorry to say China is full of that. That's not to say the US or other country's arnt, they all have there government controlled media, but China is the shining example of how to do it right. (right being wrong, if you know what i mean)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join