It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Concerning the environment of china what kind of cooperation are you speaking about?

bb

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

i guess you must hope to hear that we want USA's aid.LOL...
it is complicated issue. and now i am engaging to a project to deal with such issues. but really hard to explain here for it is too professional to catch on.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

I don't understand cantonese - so I can't say what they are actually saying really. But, yes - they look upset, and I can understand why. The chinese immigrants who were moved to Tibet by the Chinese authorities are just more innocent victims in this situation. The Tibetans are reacting to over 50 years of Chinese occupation - and they took it out on all things chinese, including chinese immigrants - and that is sad

But who created the policy of moving these chinese immigrants into Tibet to begin with? And why? Everyone is well aware that the chinese government has been trying to systematically destroy Tibetan culture for generations....and moving chinese into Tibet is probably part of that policy. And the tibetans resent the chinese immigrants because of this..
.The same could be said about the Tibetan themselves. When 2/3 of the tibetan population had migranted by themselves to neighbouring Chinese province mainly to Sichuan, Gansu etc. Are the Tibetan systematically destroying the Chinese culture ? Should the local Hans resent the Tibetan imigrants ?

It's all very ugly and unessecary. Tibet was once strategically important to China - which is why they invaded. But that was in the 1950's. Surely, Tibet is no longer that important to the chinese strategically. Why not admit that and just let the tibetans get on with being tibetans again - without any chinese interference??
Was Tibet part of KMT, did KMT appoint the present Dalai Lama ? Why is it that when Chinese Communist pushed out the KMT during the Civil War, that the US starts saying it was an Independent state. I'm not surprised that the British does it, since they were trying to make Tibet their own colony for 70 years, From Two invasions to an attempt to make Tibet Independent (While under their occupation) so that they can install themselves like what the Soviet had done to Mongolia. Get that history correct. During WWII, the americans recognised Tibet as part of china, even their propaganda films shows that. The KMT even made Tibet their supply Headquaters over the "Hump" from Burma.

It would also make the Chinese government look VERY good to the eyes of the world - it could even be a masterful stroke of PR tactics. Think of it that way... the chinese government would be applauded world-wide.
Definately, the American and British Government and press must be disappointed. They were promoting the protest as peaceful and even politically pressure the Chinese Government to "Restrain", even when the protest became Violent within the afew hours, those governemnt and entities still tried to portray it as peaceful after afew days later. Only when Foriegn Tourist's videos and accounts were slipping out that they substain.

In fact, I have the impression that the US and Brits were trying to politically pressure the Chinese law enforcement, so that the Rioters could incite the local resident to rush from their home and swarm the streets.. and make it into another TianAnment Square incident. No wonder the US dropped China from the Human rights list, something they could not answer why. Because, they knew in advance that this incident could well let them put it back up, and entice the world for more Chinese sanction and product bann.. and even drop the Omlypic.

They must be greatly disappointed, not only did the vast majority of local Tibetans not swarm the streets ... they were hiding the Chinese. Only about 1 thousand, mostly young tibetan were on the streets, out of two million in the capital. Which tells me they are a small interest group, with exile connection, and does not represent the real situation in tibet.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This is old now, and we've had a friendly Mod chat, but, well, I guess I just can't help myself.

Originally posted by ikaruga
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

It hurts when you run out of real arguments, doesn't it?

Does, it? I wouldn't know, but if you can speak from experience...

Time to attack language skills! Language is a tool for expressing ideas. If his ideas are adequately expressed, then he has succeded.

Er no. Try reading again. He attacked my language skills, I showed him the error of his ways, in a relatively restrained and reasonable way, at least I thought it was, you, however, have, how can I say this politely, misunderstood. Ikaruga, don't jump to someone else's defence when you are even further off target than they were.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Sorry man, it's just all part of the training we receive at the PRC disinfo agent school.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mobydog

Thank the Heavens! Someone actually has a brain!!! I guess I can turn in my PRC disinfo agent badge today. My work here is done.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
here is one anti-china media's report. the picture taken from a video of an indian tv, but the original edition is CCTV. the caption goes like this. does anybody know what the Tibetan woman was saying in fact?? . she is saying that " i am upset when witnessing the seperarist's actions, they destroy our peaceful life and make the kids off school. we cant go to work normally, either.."

how ridiculous! LOL.... courtesy CCTV. anyone can understand chinese knows what the woman was saying and finds your anti-china medias are all shameless liars... i will never buy anything you speak since all of you grow up under such a media situation.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

And I don't think what is going on in Iraq is sponsored by the UN because it IS not. Do some homework, please.

You do your research. Go read Security Council Resolution 1500 dated 14 August 2003 and resolution 1511 dated 16 October 2003.

How could you guys have so much time to post so much? I wish I had that much leisure time.

You might forget to list the UN resolution for the March 2003 invasion and the civilian death of ca. 1500/month thereafter.

I think we should be fair, with ONE standard, when we are pointing fingers to others. Otherwise it could well be ironic to hold the moral height.

I respect Dalai Lama. He advocates peaceful resolutions. He does not seek independence but autonomy. How come your guys talk of independence of Tibet so often?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by fuelcell]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikaruga

Sorry man, it's just all part of the training we receive at the PRC disinfo agent school.

Wasn't the correct translation: PRC Intelligence & Public Relation University

I do hate my 2nd year's Public Relation to Western World class professor, he really sucks, I will write a letter to petition for replacing him with the PR guy of the DL clique. Must be very expensive though, but since he is paid with US dollars, and that is crashing nowaydays so maybe he will have more ears in a a new job paid with hard currencies. I'm sure he is worth it.

[edit on 23/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i cant understand what you said about tibet independence.

Dalai is a cruel clerical dictator. i dont mean this by any book or knowledge educated in school but by the hearts of tibetans. no tibetan have ever heard of what kind of masscre or genocide from his grandfather, his grandfather also never heard of such things from his grandfather, and so on. that is the true way that the history was written.

Dalai is a tool. who is his boss? who give him dollars?who have the capability to ortrestrate the protests both in tibet and other country simutaniously? use commen sense, you should know this is a plot.

Now, tibetan live peaceful and free life. no one can lie on this issue since it is just out there, anyone go to tibet can find this.

dont mention the things like brainwashing or gov agent again.. China is open especially in such a information era with so many advanced tools like internet, cellphone. and the flight,railway, highway are all in operation there..

any things must be conducted by human, then must be transformed one by one. even in this way, i can say no secret can be covered in terms of the issues related to so big scale of ppl... use commen sense, you cant deny this.

tibetans hold the real truth, i only listen to them! ....not you,not Dalai, not gov, not any book,not any historian....not any others.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

HAHA.. this is great..

The Dali Lama is a "cruel" dictator..

And China is "an open society" that does not restrict information in this "information era" ..

Yet they block access to many sites, such as Youtube and commit atrocities that the world will never hear about because they block information from leaving the country..

Chinese propaganda could use an overhaul if you ask me.. ya'll are honestly pathetic..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

take care your heart not to excite to break up.

deny ignorance, the motto of ATS. i guess you never know the meaning of this.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It seems that the Olympic sponsors are feeling the pressures of boycott. I have recieved several replies to my emails assuring me as a boycotter that the games should not be politcized and I should turn to the U.N. Rubbish.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

I leave the link that shows all of the sponsors. Some are easy to contact, others direct and redirect, just keep trying.

en.beijing2008.cn...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
History shows that oppressive Govts. cannot last and China is the next in a long line of such types of Govt. that will fall to the natural will of Humans.

END CHINESE OPPRESSION OF TIBET!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Thanks for trying to get them to boycott. Its not going to be easy with only one person speaking out.

I don't really see businesses boycotting. They've already invested a lot of money and expect a heavy return.

We're going to have to rely on countries, and that's not the easiest thing in the world either.

A news update:

China blasts Dalai Lama, Pelosi on Tibet

China accused the Dalai Lama on Sunday of stoking Tibetan unrest to sabotage the Beijing Olympics and also berated House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, saying she is ignoring the truth about Tibet.

This month's violence in Tibet and neighboring provinces has turned into a public relations disaster for China ahead of the August Olympics, which it had been hoping to use to bolster its international image.

The Chinese government said through official media that formerly restive areas were under control and accused the Dalai Lama, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, of trying to harm China's image ahead of the summer games.

Again, China is only worried about its image for the games. The government does not care about the treatment of a minority people.

A boycott of these games is a necessity to improve the peasants' lives in China. It seems the communists do not care about their lower class.

China lashes out at crackdown critics

China lashed out Sunday at critics of its crackdown on Tibetan protesters, describing U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as "habitually bad tempered" while claiming the Western media serve those who want to smear the communist country.

The barrage of complaints carried in official media - which included more broadsides against the Dalai Lama - came as the country sought to present its own version of the deadly anti-Chinese protests and their aftermath. The crackdown has been a public relations disaster for China ahead of the Beijing Olympics - a Thailand torchbearer withdrew Sunday in protest.

Some people are actually boycotting and protesting. This is great news!

The chinese keep blaming the Dalai Lama, yet he has openly stated he will resign if the violence continues.

Stop with your propaganda President Hu. You know you're wrong so admit it!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Probably not a wise decision for the PRC to blast Pelosi....afterall the Dems in Congress are already considering resinding China's "most favored nation" status. Something that I agree with whole-heartedly.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Well the Chinese and American government shouldn't really be speaking out against anyone else without airing their own skeletons from the closet.

However, with that being said, I think Tibet is a unique event and should be taken seriously.

Nancy Pelosi makes Tibet plea

Walking arm-in-arm with the Dalai Lama, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi lent her support Friday to Tibet, calling China's crackdown there "a challenge to the conscience of the world."

Pelosi (D-Calif.) was the first major foreign official to meet with the exiled Tibetan Buddhist leader since protests against Chinese rule broke out in Tibet, and she got a warm welcome in his headquarters in northern India.

Pelosi called for an international investigation into the violence in Tibet.

This is the first issue I've actually agreed with this woman. What about our troops in Iraq? They're not so important I guess.

You have to focus on smearing another countries treatment of civilians, I understand. You do not have the guts to take a stance against our treatment of civilians. They're not really that important either, are they?

[edit on 3/23/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as "habitually bad tempered"

HAHA.. thats great.. almost as funny as the President of Ecuador telling bush to send troops to his border or "shut your mouth" ...

But I am with you, this is the only thing I have ever agreed with Pelosi. Naturally she wanted the spot light, shes an evil woman so I can bet this was not because she actually cared about the issue.. probably couldn't point Tibet out on a map..

but at least its publicity..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
what is so funny is that all your american say things that are based on american media. always cite american media sources. you people actualy believe your government-controlled crap?

they always have same tone...

"China accuses Dalai Lama of..."
"China claims Western media is..."
"China lashes out on reporters..."

very crafty americans use these words to generate very biased tone but are not outright hateful. america media try to stir the american public with anger (at least the ignorant ones). I may not type english well but i assure you I am not any idiot to be lied to by yours or anyones media.

american media lied about 9/11 and still lying aboujt it. also lie about iraq and afghanistan. what make you think they arent lying this time? oh, is it becase they accuse china? are you part of this conspiracy?

you really think what media say about china block out western reporter is true?

...or maybe, western media just can't find anything to report that will harm china so they just make lies and take advantage of american who don't understand chinese culture and language and just mislabel/mistranslate words to poison your minds.

i know the truth. none of your government's lying snake tongues can tarnish pure truth, no matter how many of your own people you lie to.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Courtesy of sy.gunson:

Real spark for Tibet's riots

Courtesy of Witness2008:

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join