It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

what a straight answer shoud be?
you ask how many, i answer the number... what is wrong?

dont look forward my death by fire. such curse only lead to uncover your real face.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Are those pictures even from Tibet?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Your statement could easily be reconfigured as, "Pictures showing Chinese burning down buildings, Chinese police beating Tibetan/Chinese civilians, and Chinese police using excessive force on protesters."

Both would be true.

No it cant.

When its a Tibetan ITS A TIBETAN

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

State media have tightly controlled coverage to focus on Tibetans burning Chinese businesses or attacking and killing Chinese merchants. No mention is made of Tibetan grievances or reports that 80 or more Tibetans have died.

China's tough line on Tibet

Your own link states this

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Typically people who protest their unfair treatment don't light their own homes on fire, so this is certainly a fringe element.

Because they are burning CHINESE SHOPS NOT houses. They are aiming this at their supposed lack of wealth

You can't prove the Chinese or the Tibetans started the fires, so as far as I'm concerned, the point is moot.

The Foreign journalist who took that picture CLEARLY labeled it as Tibetan.

You'll believe unconfirmed sources but not independent journalist???.

Why would CHinese people burn their own houses

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Do you consider these people violent? I don't see rocks or guns in their hands

Of course, they are putting on a show in Nepal.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have left one or two links in earlier posts, can't remember, I am working a couple of other threads on this matter, but here is the link for sponsors.

en.beijing2008.cn...

I have contacted about half, GE was the only company to reply to my email, however the rest acknowlege reciept of them. I also leave an article on the sting sponsors are feeling.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Thanks for that...

Washington Post... so the sponsors do feel the pressure... all the more reason to start writing letters

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have heard a lot of talk from our Chinese 'propagand agents' in this thread about how great Chine is and how the 'poor' people who just want a piece of land to farm on are treated...

Though this is not directly related to Tibet, it does show what they can expect under Chinese leadership...

Now I know some will cry "propaganda media" but the story was staright from the mouth of a Chinese farmers wife...

I think this is very relevant to the future...

The story is about a river so heavily polluted by a mine that it is poisoning the very land and crops...

Liangqiao, a small collection of huts and farms in southern China, is known as a cancer village.

It is where Hu Xiaoping, a husband and father and a farmer, died an agonizing death at age 30 one year after being diagnosed with colon cancer.

His widow, Zhu Chun Yun, blames his death on the brown and rust-colored water from the river, which farmers use to irrigate their crops.

"The doctor in the hospital told us not to live here," she told CNN through an interpreter. "He said don't eat the rice and don't drink the water."

Residents of Liangqiao say their river is polluted because of the iron-ore mine about 35 miles away, which is run by a nationally owned company.

Mining for iron-ore exposes naturally occurring heavy metals like arsenic and cadmium, which are both carcinogens. Without proper water treatment facilities, water contaminated with high levels of these metals is hazardous and can possibly cause cancer.

Jingjing Zhang, an environmental lawyer who is working the villagers who want to sue the government, said the Dabaoshan mine has been polluting the Hengshui River for decades.

"I always had a dream to live in a place where there's a clean river I can swim in, but this dream seems very difficult to achieve in China now," she said.

CNN report

The doctor said "...don't eat the rice and don't drink the water." So where are these farmers supposed to go? And if they can't drink the water or eat their crop... what are they supposed to do?

If China treats its own people thusly, how can we expect any better in Tibet?

Now I saw the video on this one... The mine owners 'excuses' And what is it all about?

Money and Greed... Despite what they claim China has learned Capitalism very well

And on that note I am going to toss in a political/propaganda/parody... This was created by a Chinese person ....

I personally think it sends a very clear message we should all listen to...

FRAGRANT MONKEY TAIL

[edit on 22-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It won't be difficult for me to boycott all those companies, although I do use my VISA card.

I guess they don't make any money off my purchases, so that's cool right?

I won't be eating McDonalds or drinking coke for the rest of my life as I haven't eaten there in years
. No problems there.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ikaruga

Yes some of those pictures are, not all of them though.

reply to post by chinawhite

Nope I'm pretty sure there are Chinese rioters in CHINA thank you very much.

Go read a magazine article or something, there's riots in your own country about this matter.

reply to post by chinawhite

Typically in a riot, one does not attack their own businesses or houses.

The Tibetans may be burning Chinese shops. What is your point?

Where have I said anything about everyone being nonviolent?

Where?

[edit on 3/22/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The pollution in china is serious, the leading cause of death in china are the result of pollution. The link below shows what China is doing to Tibets environment.

www.tibet.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

They sound just like the US! We are one of the most polluting countries in the world as well.

Its not really fair to single China out, but I do agree with you.

China has surpassed the US in carbon emissions and greenhouse gases. That's pretty amazing. And they're not going to stop.

China now #1 in CO2 emissions

This picture is a few years old, but it certainly gets the point across:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I agree. We have done much damage and have little to defend our own sins with. But the dumping of uncontained radioactive waste in Tibet crosses the pollution line.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That movie was highly annoying. The music made me want to gouge my ears out.

I guess one would have to actually like America to care what the man was saying. As soon as I graduate, I'm outta here. So much for the good ol' US of A.

Don't forget about Yucca mountain we are currently digging into for our nuclear waste.

[edit on 3/22/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well wait till they start going for that oil... they don't have environmentalists to deal with... and those big oil companies like Exxon etc will we right there to help them...

I doubt short of war there will be little we can accomplish... but try we must

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Its not really fair to single China out, but I do agree with you.

China has surpassed the US in carbon emissions and greenhouse gases. That's pretty amazing. And they're not going to stop.

Oh I am not singling them out, but they are the 'new kid on the block' and don't forget they are just getting started...

But they could learn from our,and other nations, mistakes and show us how to do it right... but they chose not to care... Personally I think it will come back and bite them really soon... actually if its poisoning their main food crops it already is..

And just for the record I have nothing against China or its people... just the way they do things.. in all my years of dealing with Chinese I have yet to meet one I didn't like...

But I never met any government official yet

And that movie? I like America (mostly
) and that movie is annoying... but it does make a point

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Don't forget about Yucca mountain we are currently digging into for our nuclear waste.

Off topic and I would discuss that with you in another thread... but Yucca Mountain is a good thing

Ah so take our education and high tail it hmm? So where might I ask do you consider a better place to go? Canadian North is cool... but those mosquitos will bug ya...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I hope your earlier post about the predictions of monks that the Aliens will show up and keep us all from the ultimate distruction does occur.

I am somewhat of a bleeding heart when it comes to Tibet, and I can come off a bit irrational, but alas I know the likelyhood that any one of us or even the world will have any success with the chinese is doubtful..but I try. Exxon.. lookout.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Biggest problem with American is that they won't do anything that messes with their comfort status... so boycotting gasoline would never work...

HOWEVER if we all boycotted just EXXON and bought any other non affiliated gasoline, we can still drive but it would send a powerful message...

Do not forget that Prescott Bush and the Rockefellars from Standard Oil funded the NAZI war machine into being... this is now history... Standard Oil is now Exxon...

Also an Exxon boycott would most likely send a clear enough message that may make artificially inflated oil prices drop

Come on America wake up... show the spunk we were famous for at the Boston Tea Party

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join