It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Have you noticed the upset that comes to our chinese friends when anyone speaks of boycotting chinese products?

not only that, but they are promoting visiting china and spending lots of money! if that doesn't spell government agent, i don't know what does...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Most of the users are from the US, almost all the conspiracies involve the US government, its just more likely to happen that way.

I dunno, I really don't see anything like what we've seen here. Most posts (re: US conspiracies) are either very anti-US gov, or mildly anti-US gov, with a few overly dedicated members that may be disinfo, or may just be very gullible, lol. But never do we see new member after new member jumping into a thread, being verbally abusive, then disappearing when they're called on it. You're right about the voracity, lol.

I can't believe this man.

He says we are fighting "terrorists" in Iraq, but doesn't think twice to criticize the Chinese. What a hypocrite.

Yeah, I know. He's SO boring too, I'm a bit ashamed he's our Senator.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

I think this Times article may show why our chinese friends apply their search and destroy tactics to talk of boycott. I think we need to step up our efforts encouraging boycott of products an the Olympics.

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Besides the genocide that takes place in Tibet there is yet another reason to demand China turn east and walk out...the mindboggeling distruction that China inflicts on one of the last pristine environment left on the only inhabital plant we know of. The links lead to lengthy articles but are well worth the time. Near the end of the second will give you a glimpse as to why the world should be urget with this matter.

The first is about the pollution in China, the second is on Tibet

www.nytimes.com...

www.tibet.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is a report from the Economist. Seems what is reported is very different from many of you guys claimed here.

www.economist.com...

It seemed that the "protest" might well be a riot. It is not so "peaceful".

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fuelcell

I do not think that the economist article spoke to all that happened or what set off the riots (still very much in dispute) it is an account of one eyewitness. The claims and speculation on this thread vary widely.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Agree. Here another one, from CNN, who was also on the site at that moment.

www.cnn.com...

I am not going to support the "protest" this time. It is not a peaceful protest. They did not follow Dala Laima's instruction.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

at least the economist has his own observation on the ground, whereas you have nothing but just spout some nonsense to work for your boss, Dalai. ... pathetic for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
A member by the name of Golden Galaxy has become problematic for this chinese internet brigade, thus they complain to the mods about Golden Galaxy and what happens? Golden Galaxy has been warned and the begining steps to being banned are in place.

Are you claiming the Chinese government controls ATS

ROFL

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwssii
at least the economist has his own observation on the ground, whereas you have nothing

I just needed to highlight this point

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

so i can regard you as a CIA agent according to your logic.
i am a truth defender. but you defend nothing except gangsters.

and now, i want to have you speak some positive things about China. dont tell me you think China an evil as a whole. LOL...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

not only that, but they are promoting visiting china and spending lots of money! if that doesn't spell government agent, i don't know what does...

Where are these proposals?

Originally posted by Witness2008
Have you noticed the upset that comes to our chinese friends when anyone speaks of boycotting chinese products?

No, I have not seen one post

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I'm unsure of your point, but I leave the video interview with the Economist reporter. I don't think anyone here is disputing the fact that Tibetans were rioting and they did in fact attack Han chinese. The arguments that I have continued to document are the human rights violations against tibetans and my support of their cause. China needs to either honor the seventeen point agreement or get out.

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

ok, so what chinese government does now to appease the riot is right. right?
if so ,please dont repeat what kind of crackdown of tibetans. rioters attacked not only the Han ppl but also those tibetan doctors, firefighters and polices.

now, tell me what is the content of the 17 points. i guess you are meaning the 17-Article Agreement.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
To those haven't been brainwashed by western medias, please have a look at the way of DOING news:

[img]http://aysmcq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pXUkHxY4nI063OlIQHqoQj-lVl3yF9lbRFmYq47BS_q25A7KGe4NO35q7e8EcdNFXpz_LhoMGRGEDEl1ezPXzKw?PARTNER=WRITER[/img ]

[edit on 22-3-2008 by iamdong]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I am not going to support the "protest" this time. It is not a peaceful protest. They did not follow Dala Laima's instruction.

Fuel Cell, given the death toll of Tibetans under China's Nazi like rule, whilst I don't condone violence against individuals, I can't condemn it either.

The International Committee of Jurists after piecing together information from various sources including Chinese Government information identified from 1949 to 1979 that 174,138 Tibetans died in Chinese prison labour camps, 156,758 from executions and 413,151 from starvation.

China disputes these figures by saying that deaths exceeded the entire Tibetan population, however China defines Tibet as only being what is now called the Tibetan Autonomous Region (TAR)

China does not recognise the population of Amdo (Qinghai) Khamdo (eastern Sichuan) and U-tsang (northwest Yunan) as part of the former Tibet.

By exploiting the difference in these definitions of what constitutes Tibet, China is able to fudge civilian death tolls in Tibet.

Comparison Death Toll Nazi occupied France v Tibet

Tibet Occupied France

Deaths from Executions....156, 758........267,000
Prison Labour Camps........174,138..........83,000
Military conflict.................432,067.........212,000
Famine/starvation............413,151...........NIL
Torture.............................92,931.........unavailable

China has done and continues to do in Tibet what the Nazis did in WW2 France. It has taken over a sovereign country enslaved the inhabitants and subjected them to torture and extermination practices which would have made Himmler blush.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Comparison Death Toll Nazi occupied France v Tibet

Tibet Occupied France

Deaths from Executions 156, 758 267,000
Prison Labour Camps 174,138 83,000
Military conflict 432,067 212,000
Famine/starvation 413,151 NIL
Torture 92,931 unavailable

China has done and continues to do in Tibet what the Nazis did in WW2 France. It has taken over a sovereign country enslaved the inhabitants and subjected them to torture and extermination practices which would have made Himmler blush.

I am interested in the figures you presented and am trying to read about more details by myself.

But I said I can't support the "protest" THIS TIME, because I saw quite some videos. Two different issues.

I don't think that China can continue what Nazi did in France. If you want to make a comparison, I would rather list another candidate: comapring what is going on in Iraq to that.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by fuelcell]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
wwssii are you referring to the 17 point agreement which Chinese forced the Tibetans to sign on 23 May 1951 ?

If so then why has China not abided to article #4 ?

(4) `The central authorities will not alter the existing political system in Tibet. The central authorities also will not alter the established status, functions and the power of the Dalai Lama. Officials of various ranks shall hold office as usual.

or do you mean article #6 ?

(6) By the established status, functions and powers of the Dalai Lama and of the Panchen Ngoerhtehni are meant the status, functions and powers of the thirteenth Dalai Lama and of the Panchen Ngoerhtehni when they were friendly and amicable relations with each other.

or do you refer to the monasteries destroyed in the cultural revolution ?

(7) The policy of freedom of religious belief laid down in the Common Programme of the CPCC shall be carried out. The religious beliefs, customs and habits of the Tibetan people shall be respected and lama monasteries shall be protected. The central authorities will not effect a change in the income of the monasteries.

or perhaps Article 11 ?

(11)In matters related to various reforms in Tibet, there will be no compulsion on the part of the central authorities. The local government of Tibet should carry out reforms of its own accord, and when the people raise demands for reform; they shall be settled by means of consultation with the leading personal of Tibet.

....and if the Tibetan government was not a sovereign power why did China demand that the Tibetan Government had to sign at all ?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I am interested in the figures you presented and am trying to read about more details by myself.

Not trying very hard though before leaping in to offer opinion where you've not bothered to research yourself

But I said I can't support the "protest" THIS TIME, because I saw quite some videos. Two different issues.

Maybe you need to enlighten us where you've ever supported the Tibetan issue before ?

Oh sorry you can't do that because you've only just joined the forum to participate in this debate. Another member of the internet brigade ?

I don't think that China can continue what Nazi did in France. If you want to make a comparison, I would rather list another candidate: comapring what is going on in Iraq to that.

Oh I am sure you would because then it would distract everyone from the real issue of China's annexation of a sovereign country.

Unlike Iraq where it was a UN sponsored mission, not an annexation and where the occupying authority set up elections to appoint a democratic government for the benefit of the local inhabitants and whose ultimate goal is to leave the country.

Unlike Nazi Germany and China whose goals are/were to permanently subjugate a foreign nation and exploit it's resources.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

number of casualties you quoted exceed the total number of tibetans not only in tibet but also other provinces. at least exceed the 90% of total.

dont buy everything they told you. use your own mind. and dont use some words like nazi, or torture. these appalling words are really sentimental but will never add any truth to the topic.

as for the 17 points:

1) the fuedal system in tibet must be reformed, the serfs must be liberated. you mean Dalai should continue his cruel exploitation?
2) the function and postition of Dalai never be denied by China, now he is still the one leader of the heads of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddism.
3) religious freedom is quite popular in tibet now. also in other provinces. this points need no arguement. everybody ever been tibet will aknowledge this.
4) the reform of social system conformed to the goodwill of most tibetans, because they wanted be a free human, not slaves, they got their own land. the only person againt the reform is Dalai.

the last key point : Tibet was not a sovereign country but a autonomous region. they signed the agreement just because China's central goverment had changed and Communist Party took the power and had the successive right to continue the authority over tibet. if no such a peaceful agreement to deal with the issue, there should be a civil war to continue the campaign to topple the feudal governor just like what Sun yet-san did to overthow the Qing dynasty.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join