It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yeah, tibet has the fastest growing population because the Communist Chinese are footing the bill for 100's of thousands of eastern chinese to move to Tibet! the stupid chinese are just flooding Tibet with non-natives.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldtruth where is video with tibetan stab people with knife? this just people throw rocks.

Seriously can you prove to me conclusively that the person wielding the knife was a Tibetan? You show us European footage that has 'mistaken' a Nepalese police for a Chinese....

I mean you KNOW us westerners cannot tell you apart... and those images flash by so quickly... Is the knife wielder a plant?

Point is there is no way to tell from those sparse clips we are seeing. I bet I could pull footage of past riots anywhere in the region and paste them into youtube and have a real good presentation...

So in summary...

All American media has an agenda to promote China in a bad light...
All Chinese media wants to show us how "peaceful' they are and had to act in self defense
All Internet Media is made by people that have their own Agendas....

So when all settles down and the truth comes out... it will be too late and we will already be sending troops

Yet a short time ago Pres of China met with Bill Gates BEFORE he saw Bush...

Now Tibet sees China getting world attention with the Beijing Olympics.... GREAT opportunity to 'stir things up' and have the world pay attention...

Americans posture a lot... but go out and buy billions of dollars in Chinese goods... If they were smart they would stop IMMEDIATELY... but they would rather watch as jobs vanish and buy the cheaper goods...

There is too much money at stake for this to stop... yet we could if Americans stood together...

I set up tradeshows... My company deals with the Chinese pavilions... one of the owners flies in from Beijing every show... Our union allows outside labor to be used when our hall is exhausted, (which happens a lot on the big shows)

When that happens they bring in Chinese workers... from Beijing... I hear its quite an honor and worth a lot of money to be selected

These people do not speak English...

They are good workers.... they are very polite and friendly and good company... we get along great... I was told they make equivalent of 50.00 a week in China... to be here they make equivalent 300.00 a week

So one day I was talking with the owner about an upcoming show in Beijing... now him and I are great friends... and we get the job done....

But when I asked him if I could go there, he smiled and said " OH that not for whitie..."

Caught me right of guard that did...

During the 'Cold War' Russians learned English so that they could hear whats going on without trusting translators...

It is time we learned Chinese...

西藏自由

(Well there is always Babelfish
)

Bottom Line

Tibetans were killed... rocks versus bullets

[edit on 21-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShipsthe stupid chinese are just flooding Tibet with non-natives.

Not so stupid...

China has one BIG resource... PEOPLE

Flood an area with your relatives and soon the indigenous people are a small minority.

And not one bullet needed

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
All American media has an agenda to promote China in a bad light...
All Chinese media wants to show us how "peaceful' they are and had to act in self defense
All Internet Media is made by people that have their own Agendas....

Well said zorgon, I agree with you 100%.

How many times has the American media been right about anything? Remember those WMDs in Iraq?

There has been less excuse for war than freeing a people. We originally invaded Afghanistan to "kill Osama and the Taliban." Well look how well that turned out. Osama is nowhere to be found and the Taliban are making a come back.

If we invade Tibet or China, we will surely lose. There's no way we can fight 100 million infantry. Its impossible.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Besides, everyone knows Ninjas are AMERICAN...

LOVED the American Ninja flicks as a kid...I ordered all kinds of ninja weapons and clothing from those kung-fu magazines back then, and wore them around the neighborhood. It was even my dream to travel to that island and learn ninja skills so I could be one when I grew up, like it was an actual profession, lol. Oh to be a kid again.

Anyway, as an American it's my birth right to assign ninjas to whatever Asian country that suits me at the time.

I'm sure the mods have to be aware of internet brigades, a few of the ones here are glaringly obvious but I wonder if they violate the site's T & C (I'm not that good at reading the fine print, lol). Either way, it's pretty interesting I must say, although not very effective....

The Internet brigades are state-sponsored information warfare teams that conduct psychological operations on-line. Such teams are allegedly affiliated with state propaganda departments, military, or secret police forces. They are said to disseminate disinformation and prevent free discussions of undesirable subjects in political blogs and Internet forums by using cyberstalking, cyber-bullying and other psychological warfare methods against political bloggers or other Internet users.

It has been reported[1] that in 2005, departments of provincial and municipal governments in mainland China began creating teams of Internet commentators from propaganda and police departments and offering them classes in Marxism, propaganda techniques, and the Internet. They are reported to guide discussion on public bulletin boards away from politically sensitive topics by posting opinions anonymously or under false names. "They are actually hiring staff to curse online", said Liu Di, a Chinese student who was arrested for posting her comments in blogs.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21-3-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
If we invade Tibet or China, we will surely lose. There's no way we can fight 100 million infantry. Its impossible.

Why would we invade Tibet or China?? And if we ever needed to, what makes you think we'd do it alone, let's not forget, Bush and Putin are having some secret little dialogue right now. Not sure how many true allies China really has, besides NK. I know the Russians and Chinese aren't all that fond of each other, and just about every industrialized nation sees China as a threat in regards to consuming the world's dwindling resources like locusts, that's been our job for a long time, guess we're outsourcing that to China too.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I don't understand why China, if it really wants the international respect it craves, doesn't just leave Tibet in peace. What is there that is of such interest to them, that they risk the ire of the civilized world? I can only speculate.

I personally don't think that politics and sport should mix. The west boycotted Moscow because the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. Now we're in Afghanistan, and the Chinese are in Tibet. What are we going to do?

"Ok, China, get out of Tibet or we're boycotting you."
"You can't boycott us. You're banned for invading Afghanistan!"

It's absurd. The Olympics is a way to promote goodwill between nations and people.

Tibet holds what governments have been afraid of since the dawn of man...religion and true spirituality. the chinese people are prisoners of their own government. however, in tibet many of the native tibetan people are still free in their worshiping of Gods in the spirit world. it alarms the Chinese dictators who seek to control everything! they can't control it, thus they invade.

don't forget about Taiwan in all of this. if it wasn't an island, the disgraceful chinese would have already invaded them as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I don't think we will invade... but as to impossible...

Do not count out all the UNMANNED weapons of war we are creating... (I have quite a list)

Lets hope it doesn't come to that... but if you look at comments on blogs and youtube from both side you get stuff like this..

do you think tibet is a Eutopia,let me tell you the truth,before china release the tibet area,the tibetian like making"man skin drum"
it made of young girl's skin!!,every area in the world need progress,and develope,tibet is not a zoo about dulocracy,

Its escalating rapidly... sure these are comments by stupid people... but both WWI and WWII started over a stupid incident that escalated...

It is no wonder that the Pentagon makes this report...

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
don't forget about Taiwan in all of this. if it wasn't an island, the disgraceful chinese would have already invaded them as well.

That, and it puts the US in the position of having to protect them via our pact with them. China knows the US military, at this point, is superior when it comes to fighting military vs. military (i'll wait for the brigade backlash on that one, lol). Their billion man army would do no good at the bottom of the ocean feeding the crabs. So they're stuck on that one, for the time being.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A few news updates:

Pelosi meets with Dalai lama, offers support

"If freedom loving people don't speak out against China's oppression of people in Tibet, we have lost all moral authority to speak out against any oppressed people."

This visit by 10 members of Congress to the Dalai Lama's home in exile was planned long before the current protests in Tibet began.

But Pelosi said, "Little did we know, we would be coming at such a sad time. Perhaps it was our karma, perhaps it was our fate … it was our karma because we are here to help the people of Tibet."

Apparently she claims they were already going to visit Tibet, they just happened to arrive at a very opportune moment.

Right...

Chinese troops converge in Tibetan areas

The government stepped up its manhunt Friday for protesters in last week's riots in the capital of Tibet, as thousands of troops converged on foot, trucks and helicopters to Tibetan areas of western China.

The violence in Lhasa - a stunning show of defiance against 57 years of Chinese rule - has sparked sympathy demonstrations in neighboring provinces, prompting Beijing to blanket a huge area with troops and warn tourists and foreign journalists to stay away.

Chinese paramilitary police unload equipment on a road on the outskirts of Hutiaoxia, southeast of Zhongdian, in China's Yunnan province Thursday, March 20, 2008. Hundreds of paramilitary troops were setting up camp in the town, which is on the road to Zhongdian, a city in a Tibetan area of Yunnan known as Shangri-La. (AP Photo/Greg Baker)

Paramilitary police march through a street in Zhongdian, in China's southwest Yunnan province Thursday March 20, 2008. Hundreds of paramilitary troops have entered the town, in a Tibetan area of Yunnan known as Shangri-La, since riots broke out in neighboring Tibet a week earlier. (AP Photo/Greg Baker)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I know the Russians and Chinese aren't all that fond of each other, and just about every industrialized nation sees China as a threat in regards to consuming the world's dwindling resources like locusts, that's been our job for a long time, guess we're outsourcing that to China too.

Russia and US have been buddies a LONG time... the "Cold War" was a ruse.. and the public on both sides fell hook line and sinker for it...

LOL As to resources..

Potentially Massive Oil and Gas Find in Tibet..
Chinese researchers have discovered massive new gas and oil deposits totaling an estimated 4 billion to 5.4 billion tons in Tibet in southwestern China, the newspaper China Daily reported. The estimates, though tentative, will likely aid China's attempts to increase foreign interest and investment in its western regions, which in turn will strengthen Beijing's control across the country.

For "foreign interest and investment" Read Bush and Rockefellar Oil Barons

And lets not forget all those Ancient Scrolls hidden in Tibet...

Are we not doing the same in Iraq? 'Securing' the oil and digging for Ancient Sumarian technology?

The Chinese have learned well from us...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
it's funny...

the wikipedia link about internet brigades follows to a T what is happening right here in this thread on ATS. A member by the name of Golden Galaxy has become problematic for this chinese internet brigade, thus they complain to the mods about Golden Galaxy and what happens? Golden Galaxy has been warned and the begining steps to being banned are in place. we can't let these internet brigades control ATS and its' members like they've controlled countless forums and posters before ATS. it's all here, i suggest we all read it again because we are witnessing one internet brigade's very actions as we speak. I think we all can learn from this experience and be better prepared for the next time they choose to make ATS their forum for propaganda.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Thanks Biggie for all the great information you are digging up, I doubt it is that easy to find given the crack down on reporters. I continue to email politicians and the white house comment line just leaves you on hold forever, I hope that is a sign they are being flooded with calls. Frankly I would rather not see this left up to politicians, and from the news I have been reading leads me to believe the rest of the worlds citizens are taking this matter upon themselves.

Your work on this thread is appreciated.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

The US has internet brigades as well though...Its called the NSA/CIA/FBI among others.

They seek to disinform and deflect probably a lot more than the Chinese do. We don't even have a 'free media' (not mainstream anyway).

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips I think we all can learn from this experience and be better prepared for the next time they choose to make ATS their forum for propaganda.

Hired Guns Disinfo agents on ATS

Say it ain't so.... we are DOOMED

Good thing there are a few of us who can see through it all... but are we enough?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Russia and US have been buddies a LONG time... the "Cold War" was a ruse.. and the public on both sides fell hook line and sinker for it...

Yeah, I agree completely.

Are we not doing the same in Iraq? 'Securing' the oil and digging for Ancient Sumarian technology?

The Chinese have learned well from us...

I don't know how much oil we've secured there, lol. It certainly hasn't paid for the war like they said.

I have denounced our presence in Iraq since it started, and I've said that my opinions on Tibet are not as strong as others here. I disagree with China's heavy handedness in dealing with unarmed protesters. We use tear gas and riot police, but lethal force isn't employed unless the rioters are using it too. And that means guns. I'll leave the rest for those more in the know to debate and I'm starting to feel more educated reading ALL the responses from both sides.

I also feel insulted that Chinese intel thinks we're too stupid not to see through their crap here.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Not even close dude. Even the most rabid pro-government Americans here, from what I have seen, offer some criticism of our government.

I agree there are US disinfo agents, but they are nowhere near as blatant and aggressive as the ones we're seeing here, who are not interested in being discreet in any way, lol. They jump in cursing and when you call them on it, they immediately tone it down. You ask why they don't criticize anything their government does, and they immediately make a vague critical post, saying, our government is irresponsible and when you ask them to clarify just a little as to why, they disappear and a new one pops up, lol...you can't tell me you don't see it.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I guess that means we are being taken seriously now? I'd call that a compliment.

Maybe ATS needs its own "disinfo brigade"
?

Some more news:

China might bar Tiananmen broadcasts

China might bar live television broadcasts from Tiananmen Square during the Beijing Olympics, apparently unnerved by the recent outburst of unrest among Tibetans and fearful of protests in the heart of the Chinese capital.

A ban on live broadcasts would wreck the plans of NBC and other major international networks, who have paid hundreds of millions of dollars to broadcast the Aug. 8-24 games and are counting on eye-pleasing live shots from the iconic square.

The rethinking of Beijing's earlier promise to broadcasters comes as the government has poured troops into Tibetan areas wracked by anti- government protests this month and stepped up security in cities, airports and entertainment venues far from the unrest.

The Chinese are becoming overly paranoid about the Western attention. They're trying to severely crack down on the Tibetans so no one sees what happens.

Thank God for the internet

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Maybe the Chinese voracity was much higher, but percentage wise, there are more US intelligence agents here. That's reality.

Most of the users are from the US, almost all the conspiracies involve the US government, its just more likely to happen that way.

I do agree with their attacks though. They are probably watched by superiors and graded on how well they disinform

I have news pouring in from drudgereport:

McCain says China's conduct in Tibet unacceptable

I can't believe this man.

He says we are fighting "terrorists" in Iraq, but doesn't think twice to criticize the Chinese. What a hypocrite.

Presidential hopeful John McCain said on Friday that China was behaving unacceptably in Tibet and he urged Beijing to look for a peaceful end to clashes between anti-government protestors and police.

"One of the first things I would talk about if I were President of the United States today is what's going on in Tibet," McCain told reporters after a meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris.

I think the first thing he would talk about is how we can setup a draft so the occupation of Iraq can last 100 more years.

And the Chinese have a most wanted list too. Guess what, Osama's not on it either

China issues most wanted list of rioters

It seems anyone who speaks out against the government has been put on this list.

So much for democracy and freedom in China.

China issued a "Most Wanted" list of 21 rioters Friday—shown in grainy photos waving knives and fighting during last week's violence over Chinese rule in Tibet. Thousands of troops continued to push into western China to contain unrest.

China's official news agency issued an updated casualty toll late Friday for the unrest in Lhasa. Xinhua said 18 civilians and one police officer died and 623 people were injured.

Tibetal exile groups have said 99 people were killed—80 in Lhasa and 19 in Gansu province. Casualty estimates are hard to confirm because China keeps tight control over information.

On Friday, Chinese authorities intensified a manhunt for the wanted suspects, posting their photos—taken from video cameras and security footage—on major Internet portals.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
ironically some of these ignorant people claim that Tibet or other Chinese INTERNAL issues are dear to them for years, so why you never have visitted these places? here I see a bunch of people who should come and visit China, pay only 3000 RMB (a bit more than 200 bucks) to a local mainland Chinese tour guy, and you are freely to go to anywhere in China to see with your own eyes what China is, make whatever pictures you wanna make, talk to whomever you wanna talk, your guy will translate anything for you in his best tongues, visit local pubs, leave the big cities, visit the villages and towns, visit the autonomies, smell the land, oh never forget to watch TV, see ESPN or CNN, see the Taiwanese or different Provincal broadcasting channels and tell us what your findings are

This is not the first or second time you have asked ATS members to visit china and give money directly to chinese people for their services within china itself.

i'll have you know, i'd rather visit antartica than china. atleast the air and water there would be clean to drink and breathe. I wouldn't participate in the olympics in china because the pollution is off of the charts. spending several months in china could take several years off of your life. it's not a fact but it is in opinion based in fact.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join