It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Thanks for the thread Biggie. I've been duking it out on another thread on this same subject. We need as much discussion on this as possible.

I contacted all my local and federal reps this morning and have been shopping for bumper stickers and signes for my house.

I'll post some of the links here that I posted on the other thread that shows how bad the Tibetans have been treated under chinese occupation.
Not sure how the American system is working. I contacted directly our Dep of Foreign Affairs, don't know if that's possible where you live.

I also contacted OIC. AVAAZ. In the other thread I posted some links to sites of action groups, might take a peek there.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Drozla

I emailed nice long letters with links of news from around the world. I have a senate and congressional rep. I will do the same tomorrow along with a few others around here that I have recruited.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The two links will give all an idea of how china embraces their fellow countrymen, a nice welcome back into the fold.

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I know I am alone on this one but China reserves the right to keep control of Tibet. I am sure my view on this issue is not popular but it is what it is. Israel is not giving up it's land, neither is China and neither is Serbia. Why doesn't the U.S. give back some of the "good" land back to the American Indians. Let all the black people create their own country here as well since they were brought to the U.S. as slaves. Mexico can have back it's territory that the U.S. took away. Does anyone see where I am going with this?

The people in Tibet were conquered by the China, that pretty much sums it up for me. Human rights get abused by every country, just look around. Americans have never been conquered by any foreign country, that's what makes it difficult for the typical American to see both sides. America does plenty of conquering but has never been on the receiving end of it. One other thing, America will never be conquered by any other nation, no freaking way. Not the real America I know of and love, but that America is gone and I want it back! Let's start with bringing the troops home, we may have to send them to China if we let power mongers have their way, again.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I totally agree with this thread 100%. I did my part in my own way energy wise with my family over the weekend.
Now are there links or #s I can have to find out who the sponsors are to contact and leave messages to? Also are there any embassy #s for China and what links to the Net can we use to tell China to stop this insanity?
This could be the greatest opportunity to get help to the Tibetans.

Free Tibet!

ATS Style links anyone?

[edit on 16-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

They DO NOT have the authority or RIGHT to control Human beings or their right to worship and pray. No WAY!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here is a link to the official sponsor website. Spread the news, Iwill be at my letters to them for weeks.

en.beijing2008.cn...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I LOVE the Dalai Lama! And Buddhism is such a beautiful, PEACEFUL religion. The Chinese are DESPICABLE for their occupation of Tibet, and what they're doing now is EVIL. You guys know what I thought of today? What, you don't care? Oh well here it is anyway...China has invested BILLIONS in modifying infrastructure, pollution problems, etc. for the Olympics. China views this Olympics as their coming out party, so to speak, as an INTERNATIONAL power player on the WORLD STAGE. The Olympics in Beijing have already been tainted by lingering human rights questions about China. WHAT IF all the MAJOR nations in the world: USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Poland, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Israel, ETC. said, "Hey China, we ain't showing up to your Olympics UNLESS you give Tibet back to its rightful proprietors!" I think it'd work. China has its (f*cked up) reasons for clinging to tiny Tibet, but if the WORLD united around Tibet and threatened to boycott the Olympics, I don't see how China could resist--there's too much riding on the Olympics economically and politically for them.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Apparently, I'm not the only one to have thought of this, haha! Anyways, right on guys.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

I couldn't agree more. Start with local reps then move onto sponsors..isn't ATS a great place to kick this off given the world community here.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

Bush has got away with much more than 70 deaths. I expect nothing from him, until USA starts acting like the most free country in the world they say they are , sorry I will not care what US politicians say, they are just hypocrites . China is no better of course

Because U.S. politicians have blood on their hands they should sit idly by as others die? Hypocrite or not, those in power should speak out. Someone once said hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue...it doesn't invalidate logic, however.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
reply to post by biggie smalls

I know I am alone on this one but China reserves the right to keep control of Tibet. I am sure my view on this issue is not popular but it is what it is. Israel is not giving up it's land, neither is China and neither is Serbia. Why doesn't the U.S. give back some of the "good" land back to the American Indians. Let all the black people create their own country here as well since they were brought to the U.S. as slaves. Mexico can have back it's territory that the U.S. took away. Does anyone see where I am going with this?

So was it hitlers right to exterminate the jews because they were in his country?
I can't say I agree with your logic on this. Crimes agains humanity are crimes against humanity. Regardless of where you live or what you worship.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes China has the right to do as it pleases, whether we like it or not. I may not approve of their methods but it is their right. The U.S. is not the policeman of the world, it cannot tell other countries what to do or how to treat their people. Tibet was conquered and is a part of China. I do feel bad about the the bad things that have been done to the people of Tibet but then again I feel bad for deer that get shot by hunters just so they could hang a deerhead on their wall.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

When does the humanity of the world get to have the say above the corrupt governments of the world? Your thinking small.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Many of the companies were nexct to impossible to email, the Chinese ones were impossible as I have no long distance and they have NO Email... Thanks anyway

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonnieoptical

Maybe I'm the only one that is willing to admit that the U.S. has done it's share of genocide during one time or other. No I don't think Hitler had a right to get rid of all the Jews in Germany, nobody did anything about it either but that's another thread. The U.S. picks and chooses who they will punish when it comes to human rights abuse. For example, human rights abuses all over the place in Africa and the U.S. is doing as little as possible about it (why is yet another thread). How China treats Tibet is a shame, that's all it is. The U.S. owes a whole lot of money to China, nothing will happen. Life sucks for the people of Tibet, it's sucks for a lot of people all over the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I shall get on that and try to find as many toll free #'s and addresses.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

I don't owe a whole lot of money to china and neither do you. Private bankers owe the money to china, our corrupt government corporate reps owe money to china. I am not resigned to living in a cruel and exploitive world and neither should you be.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, militarism and autocratic ruling comes in many different governmental forms on this planet and at least one of those is referred to as democracy.

These events somewhat sadden me, not so much the violence and killing that takes place but the blatant idiocy that causes it and is not dealt with properly.

The U.S. is no different with what it does around the world as well. No single government works toward actual peace on this planet, instead they are all monstosities of corruption, destruction and exploitation.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't understand why China, if it really wants the international respect it craves, doesn't just leave Tibet in peace. What is there that is of such interest to them, that they risk the ire of the civilized world? I can only speculate.

I personally don't think that politics and sport should mix. The west boycotted Moscow because the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. Now we're in Afghanistan, and the Chinese are in Tibet. What are we going to do?

"Ok, China, get out of Tibet or we're boycotting you."
"You can't boycott us. You're banned for invading Afghanistan!"

It's absurd. The Olympics is a way to promote goodwill between nations and people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join