It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Security Forces Swarm Tibet

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dalai Lama to resign if violence worsens

I assume he is placing a great deal of weight on the fact the Tibetans will stop the rioting. He is willing to "resign" from his position.

The Dalai Lama threatened Tuesday to step down as leader of Tibet's government-in-exile if violence committed by Tibetans in his homeland spirals out of control.
The rioting prompted Premier Wen Jiabao to denounce the Dalai Lama's supporters as separatists and accuse them of instigating the violence in Tibet's capital of Lhasa. It was China's highest-level response to date to the unrest.

1000 Tibetans arrested in Chinese crackdown

As for some Olympic news:

France mulls Olympic ceremony boycott

I would love to see a wide-scale boycott of the Chinese Olympics.

And the usual human rights dissident on trial:

Dissident on trial as China denies pre-Olympic crackdown

The Chinese dissident,Hu , was mentioned in an earlier thread. I was worried he had been murdered, but it turns out he is now on trial for some reason.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I don't really see your point. Regardless of whether or not the Tibetans have been free from the Chinese in the past 5000 years, they want freedom now (or at least some of them).

The Chinese have been treating them like dogs and deserve to be treated as equals. The Communist Party in China doesn't understand differences and wants everyone to be the same (as with the Conservative Party in the US).

The Tibetans celebrate their differences, although they may technically be Chinese as well. I don't think that's an issue at this point.

They must have some pretty good reasons for rioting and protesting, and if that implies they want to be autonomous, regardless of past history, so be it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I don't defend the methods China uses, but I understand where they are coming from.

The CCP wants everyone to be interested in a single, strong, China. Not least because China has so many divergent ethnic groups.

By being seen to kowtow to one ethnic group, they could be perceived as being weak and it could spark a wide range of ethnic conflict by various groups,each out to get a slice of that "autonomy/independence" pie, which isn't always what it's cracked up to be, for starters.

This would ruin China and most likely ruin the world economy, cause millions of deaths and spark regional or even a global war.

Bottom line is, Tibet is as Chinese as Wales is British. I cannot sit here on the one hand and criticize China for trying to keep it's country together, whilst at the same time defend the Union, without being a hypocrite.

Sorry if my views offend, but I don't like being a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Free- Sioux!

yes thats right Free 0Sioux!

free them now - the native american indian`s are treated as dog *muck* and have been for hundreds of years since the US `conquered` there country - but they should be free!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you, thank you and thank you!!! I thought I would be burned at the stake here if I brought up the subject of Monks and Nuns having contact with other dimensional beings. I have spoken to a Buddhist Nun on the subject and I believe with all my heart they understand our relationship with E.T

In case you missed the message on the previous pages...please try not to purchase anything made in china.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Another perfect example of Western ignorance. Tell me, have you been reading news articles written by ignorant American historians lately?

Because I saw one article (by one of our own American historians, sadly) that said China claimed Tibet in 1951. That guy is a total idiot, spreading misinformation. Maps made before 1951 MADE BY TIBETANS themselves show Tibet as part of China.

Also, how do you know Chinese are treating the Tibetans like dogs? Have you been there? No. All you have seen are videos on CNN (which is controlled by our very corrupted government) that don't even show the Chinese brutally attacking the Tibetans as the news reports say. And if you look around on the internet, you see a lot of videos that CNN just seemed to miss for some reason...closer inspection reveals that in the videos, the Tibetans are burning and killing Chinese, just the opposite of what the news articles want you to believe (once again by media which is controlled through our shady U.S. government).

America is been known to try to separate Tibet and China in the past and they are apparently at it again. The more I read into this the more proof just keeps popping up all over the internet with more and more evidence against what information America is attempting to spread.

Stumason is correct, Tibet was part of China several hundred years ago, long before the U.S. even EXISTED.

It would be completely hypocritical to say for China to give up Tibet. Why? What about all this?:

-Americans tortured, killed, deceived, and drove the Native Americans out of their land into these small little reserves with terrible conditions (meaning the "lucky" ones that weren't slaughtered). The Native Americans didn't even have riots like the Tibetans; they were just brutally robbed of everything they had without a second thought.
-Americans brought over slaves from Africa. These Africans (whom are HUMAN BEINGS) were truly treated like dogs, if not even worse. When they put them on the slave ships, they would separate them from their families and tribes and shove them all into a large room where many died from starvation and sicknesses.
-America's violation of the chemical weapons convention by using chemicals specifically banned for warfare.
-America's censoring and removal of evidence on its military abuse against Afghans and Iraqis.

Whatever you are, don't be a hypocrite.

~Greg

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To Morgul'

Why does china not abide by the terms of the seventeen point agreement?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Which part of it was not followed?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

None of it has or is being followed. Read the link.

www.freetibet.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Free- Sioux!

yes thats right Free 0Sioux!

free them now - the native american indian`s are treated as dog *muck* and have been for hundreds of years since the US `conquered` there country - but they should be free!

They are free.

Actually, its Europs fault.

I don't understand how you can possibly justify the actions by the Chinese atrocities of TODAY, by rehashing something that happened centuries ago, in a time where no one living today, is, or should be held responsible.

What china is, and has been doing for the past few decades is wrong.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

This would ruin China and most likely ruin the world economy, cause millions of deaths and spark regional or even a global war.

It most certainly would not ruin the world economy! For some strange reason, the people in the UK view china as a superpower, when it is simply not.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'd like to ask all members who care about the Tibetans to show solidarity by pasting an image of the Tibetan flag in their posts from now on.

here's the code from photobucket if you want to use it:

i257.photobucket.com...

http: //i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/727Kiwi/150-tibetflagthumb.jpg

You also have to post IMG in parenthesis brackets eg [ ] before it and /IMG in parenthesis brakets behind it.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

And on that thought.
What about those of us that are part Native American?
Should we just carve parts off ourselves and mail them back to Europe eh?

Oh why not........

[edit on 18-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thanks. Great Idea.
I just tried to post image. I'll keep working on it.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is sooooo not working. sorry for wasted post

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi ya witness.

Hmm try this. Open a word file. Cutnpaste the URL address I gave you onto the word file. Then place [***] in front and touching the text. Do the same at the rear of the address [***]

Replace the *** with IMG at the front and /IMG at the back.

Then cut-n-paste the whole lot back in.

I hear what you say about native Americans.

In my country we had a treaty with the Maoris which permitted settlement and guaranteed rights in return.

Alternately you could cut n paste and upload it to ATS ?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I see where your coming from, and I agree that it makes sense..

HOWEVER..

If a people want independence, they deserve their own nation as all Humans have the God given right to self govern THEMSELVES under what ever system they see fit..

If Wales wanted to break from the Union and riots where braking out due to demand for independence, I would have to support them (and no I am not a hypocrite, I support separatist's movements in the US as well..)

But there is no (major) call for independence in Wales is there?

But there IS in Tibet.

No one should be forced under another government just because its "the easiest and most convenient way" ..

That is the worst excuse you could give for oppression.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Got it, thanks. The subject of Tibet is maddening for me. I just do not understand the apathy.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by morgul

If you read my post you will see that I am talking about protecting
non-violent Tibetan monks.
I was saying they should not be hurt as they have been in the past.
There have been countless videos in the past showing that Chinese soldiers
beat non-violent Tibetans. They are the people I am speaking up for who
need to be protected from the poisonous actions of Chinese soldier/cowards.

According to posts (see Internatinal Kalachakra network) of recently
returning westerners. There have been over 400 Tibetans murdered
by the cruel Chinese barbarians.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Didn't you work for the Propaganda Bureau to undermine Gandhi last century?
You have a severe case of truth decay and dung beetle breath.

Gandhi said "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love, it is the prerogative of the brave."

Gandhi also said, "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even
destroy this body but you will never imprison my mind."

Mod Edit: Removed personal attack

Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Duzey]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join