It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I need to be a Conspiracy Expert to get attention?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am just a guy. But also a member of ATS.

I'm sitting here wondering if I need to be an "expert" for other members to take what I add to ATS seriously.

I think that the following things should be on the minds of all members, regardless of age, or life experiences:

9/11 (Do you accept the US Government Story or alternative theories?)
The "War on Terror" (is it a farce to funnel money into the defense industry?)
US Government Corruption (Are the people hold office truely the best choice for the positions they hold?) [most recently the Elliot Spitzer story]
Corporate Owned Media (Do the people who "report" the "news" really have your best interests in mind?)
Ghosts (Whatever?)
Big Pharma (Do the people who make and sell the drugs we take have your best interests in mind?)
Indigo Children (Whatever?)
US/Global Economy (Is it cool that average, law abiding citizens of the US are affected by choices of the rich [GREED]?)
Aliens (Whatever?)
1 out of 4 Teenaged Girls are infected by an STD (Is the cause of this a lack of parental supervision; and is that lack of supervision created by a family's STRUGGLE to survive?)
US Military (individual) Unethical Behavior (What do you think causes some individual members of the US Military to act the way they do [killing 10 year old girls/throwing puppies off cliffs]?)
US Currency Manipulation (It's OK, right? Because they obviously know what they're doing)
Peak Oil (I think it's a real concern...What do you guys think?)
The current state of the United States of America (Are you OK with the way things are going?)

I was just wondering where other members of ATS stand on the above issues.

I'd be very pleased to have an overwhelming response.

Thanks, everyone!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'll answer my own question, and say, "Yes."

16 views and 0 replies.

Nevermind.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Expert---no---exclusive info---yes.
You must have an insight above and beyond common theories and conspiracy ideas to get notice. Otherwise, just contribute to the already existing threads on these topics.
Just IMHO, of course.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
dont feel bad man, i have plenty of topics that never even recieve one reply....

prolly doesnt help i have typos an grammar errors but oh well...

think of ATS like the american public an that unless its reality tv, or something blowing up, or celebs your not gonna get alot of feedback...

but change the topics to UFOs, NWO, and religion lol

just keep posting thats why ats saves all its info, your post will always be there for future uses..... if not the present.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Its not so much that people aren't paying attention to what is going on, but its much easier to be in denial of reality and live life as if nothing wrong is happening.

You don't need to be a conspiracy master to shed light on a conspiracy. However, some may find you more credible if you were someone like John Lear (in a space forum anyway).

At the same time, some people would automatically attack you for being a conspiracy master.

Its not necessary to be well-renowned on ATS or otherwise to be taken seriously, although I'm sure it helps.

If you bring an interesting enough topic to ATS, people will post.

Unfortunately, some of the most interesting topics tend to be bumped towards the bottom of the page. I will find an amazing thread months after its been posted because another member found it and bumped it to the top.

Ignore the replies and views. The majority of topics here receive hundreds of views and may only get 2 responses. That's not really the best judge for the topic at hand.

I personally find pretty much everything interesting. I am a naturally curious being. The topics you posted are some in which I've done a significant amount of research. I particularly like the 911 discussion, "indigos" or human potential threads, ET experiences although probably about once a week or two, and general conspiracy theory.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You shouldn't really care.
If you have something interesting, or something interesting to say about interesting things, people will be interested.
That's it.

All you have to do to be a conspiracy master 50% of the time is to look for knowledge on the net, or in books.
The other 50% comes from your own experiences, or what you know.

Share it and they will come.

This bit of info comes from an Intelligent Idoit, I'm a master of my own conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

Thanks for your exclusive input, gotrox.

Care to answer or give your opinion to any of the topics I was wondering about?

I guess I mis-labeled my original post.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Those are all very interesting topics that would make some nice threads. I do believe there are separate forums for some of the ones you listed.

Also, some of the topics have been discussed. Search button?

I am not sure how you want us to respond? With yes or no to each of your questions? If you wan't people to discuss everything you listed, they should each probably have their own thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If you are here to get attention then you have seriously under estimated this site.

We are not here to give you attention.

ATS is about the serious discussion of world events.

When you have something to contribute, we will discuss the contribution.

We will not discuss you.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I would really appreciate it if you would read the questions I posed, to see where you stand on the issues I've asked about.

I don't want to discuss "me." I want to know more about where you stand on the issues I've presented.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sorry dude, people like juice.

This thread isn't very juicy.

Perhaps it would be best for you to search your own feelings over the matters you have highlighted, and then concern yourself with understanding how another person's feelings over such matters may contradict or even support your own.

If you feel it is difficult to understand how others may feel differently, then that would be worthy ground for making a thread.

I suppose it depends strongly on whether or not you want to share knowledge, or take it - Sharing would imply that you were making facts and statements available on ATS boards for purposes of discussion, whereas taking would imply that you were using investigative curiosity to come to your own decisions on a subject.

At least, those are my feelings on the subject.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

OK, it seems like everyone's missing the point here.

I think that the US is in trouble, and I really don't see any of the choices we've been given for "President" as bringing things around.

So I'm asking ALL MEMBERS:

Is the US in trouble, or are you OK with the way things are being handeled?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by cryingindian

OK, it seems like everyone's missing the point here.

Sorry? How is it our fault we have not understood you?

So I'm asking ALL MEMBERS:

The US is in trouble. I am not ok with the way things are being handled.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Hi, Enthralled Fan

Thank you for answering the question.

In answer to yours: Did you see the replies I was getting before I "Dumbed the topic down?"

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just do what you do. Some people are going to shoot down or ignore everything you post _ its just the way it is.

The internet is a very fickle thing. I wrote a 10 line report on my Republic Media website about how Ron Paul supporters preferred John McCain. It was 10 lines and it received 511 hits (thats unheard of on Republic Media) and it got 20 Diggs. Conversely I can write a multiple paragraph story on a subject and be lucky if it breaks 2 digits.

A lot of times a subject is too saturated also. Its just the way it goes. Keep plugging away and when you least expect it you will hit the money pot.

Best of luck.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
To answer your question, yes the US and the entire world is in trouble. We've been in a state of emergency for 75 years.

You also might want to check this FEMA thread out.

Do I know what to do about our problems (economic and otherwise)? Not really.

I know I'm leaving this country as soon as I'm finished with school and hopefully # doesn't hit the fan before that time.

Right now I am growing my own food with the help of a neighbor (I have access to a below ground greenhouse and many raised garden beds). I don't own any guns at the moment, but that would be a sure way to protect your family.

I am learning how to be self-sufficient so I won't have to rely on anyone else.

If you are so worried about the state of the US, you should do the same or move.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Oh yeah, and do you think there is a "front runner" for Pres that will bring things around?

Edit to add: It was a two line post in the reply window, but a one line post on the forum.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian

Yes the USA is in trouble, if you are speaking of the USA 40 years ago.
USA is a different beast all together these days.
Nope Im not okay with it one bit. Ive turned off my TV. I dont get my news from the "media". I have a hard time dealing with everything going on to the point Im very frustrated every time I think about such things.
Yet thats a very broad brush stroke. You might try to break it down a little better, and focus on one thing at a time.. Like a North American union/ The NWO master plan/ The War/ 911/ JFK/ Nasa/ The current banking system. So much to break down it makes my heart hurt just thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Maybe this is just what we need. Instead of breaking things down, to a point where people will only look at a thread topic that interests them, we present a multi-dimensional thread, and allow individual opinions to be voiced.

I'm keeping track of the topics, and will be watching for thread derailers.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

IMHO The US in dire "DIRE" trouble. The next treasury mint is going to be steel - yes steel coins (RED ALERT). Merchants in New York are reportedly accepting Euros.

The behavior of many of our troops overseas is deplorable (and the chickens are coming home to roost).

There are many other things which could be cited of course. I am completely (what is a word that will do justice) Irate at this Administrations handling and lack of transparency on issues which are igniting a fuse in this country and is forming IMO a very volatile environment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join