It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Serfdom comes to America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Debt Serfdom comes to America

www.webofdebt.com

This form of "debt slavery" or "debt peonage" was not just an accidental development of history. It was a deliberately-planned alternative to the slave arrangement in which owners were responsible for the feeding and care of a dependent population, and it is still with us today. Although European financiers were in favor of an American Civil War that would return the United States to its colonial status, they admitted privately that they were not necessarily interested in preserving slavery. They preferred "the European plan": capital could exploit labor by controlling the money supply, while letting the laborers feed themselves. In July 1862, this ploy was revealed in a notorious document called the Hazard Circular, which was circulated by British banking interests among their American banking counterparts. It said:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Moderator Edit
>Please read>> *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[color=#EEB4B4]* Please note that there is a [color=#FFE7BA]character limit of 500 characters [color=#EEB4B4]for the copied story snippet.

[color=#EEEEE0]Exceeding this character limit may result in drastic editing or your thread will be closed, moved or deleted.

[font=Arial Black][color=#CD5555]--khunmoon--
mod&member[/font]

[edit on 20/3/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow...This is quite an important little history lesson in light of the recent disaster we're all going through. It shows what a flawed and corrupt system we are under through the private central banks, handed down to the gov and 'nationalized' chains. They operate ENTIRELY on debt and interest, and that has a reverberating effect from the top al the way down to the little people---US. These few people at the top are literally keeping us all as wage slaves and peons, and they really have nothing more than printing presses and debt bonds issued by our gov!

I think it's well past time that we come up with a different system, as quite obviously this one has finally taken it's toll on all save the top few Elite.

www.webofdebt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good post D
As to a different system, maby to some degree. I don't necessarily think a different system of government is the way to go. I still value being able to elect a government. A different system for holding them accountable yes maby so. Changes have been made in the past, such as the labor revolution. That did take some of the control out of the elite as that is what your post is about. Some changes can be made again to bring about similar changes as they are showing they are needed.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
People have been slaves to debt in every country for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
its the money....

its allowing money to regulate products to regulate growth to regulate human beings, money is the main slave master.... We are mostly slaves to this but people who have a surplus of it will never see the effects of this slavery...

If we didnt have the need to use this redundant system of currency then we might not have everyone an their momma making the cheapest most unreliable merchandise ever imaginable

our cars, our food, our clothes an even our medicine is controled by how much profit they will generate an not how well they will work, yes some understand they will sell more if their product is good quality but most are hoping on that cheap labor, cheap materials for higher profit bandwagon.

this system will do nothing more then rape humans of our naturaly creative ideas which in the past has led to get breakthrus an force most to make ideas that just sell....

Soon you will be surrounded by pop star inflatables and "ouch my balls " tv shows, and Food that you suck thru a straw rather then use mouth muscles.... We are allowing this society to crumble just so we have enuff money to buy product a just so it breaks within (a)month or two an you need to buy another one.....

Welcome to Jamrock......

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Actually its more like being an indentured servant, not slavery. You choose to go into debt, no one forces you to. I have no problem with debt, as long as its managed - and I choose to take on the debt I get myself in.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic
"ouch my balls " tv shows,

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Trance Optic]

haha idiocracy, funny movie!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pacificwind

Well, how nice for you. Did you know that alot of people who are in debt got that way because they worked 2 jobs and STILL couldn't cover all their bills, such as utilities, water and groceries and other necessities? Wages have not risen, but rent, utilities, water, food and gas have all risen astronomically. I guess you haven't heard, but there are many, many decent people, who tried to save, tried to be fiscally responsible, but when your bills cost $600 a month, your rent is $800 (that is conservative in most any city) and you are only taking home maybe $1200 a month? (that's with making $12.00 per hour). Add to that, if you are single, you still end up paying money to the IRS.
The govt is sucking the money out of most citizens at this point.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The only problem with the debt slavery theory is that it is cheaper to hire somebody in a third world country to do a job for a few dollars a day then to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get an American debt slave. Not only is the third world worker cheaper, but he is probably harder working and less of a winer than the American worker.

Otherwise, it is no big secret that credit card companies are going to try and make as much money as they can off of you. You are not at the credit card company's mercy though. You can control your spending and leave your credit card in your wallet.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

You can control your spending and leave your credit card in your wallet.

Oh yes, that works out well. I am homeless now because I have no credit cards to "fall back on." Thanks a lot for supporting a corrupt system.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Another xcellent find DD. Flag/star.

I have been syaing something along these lines for a while now. Particularly in reference to the deliberately perpetrated misunderstanding that the US Civil War was fought to free the slaves.

Read more on that here...A Bigger Picture (Rise of the NWO)

And here is a must see video to understand the truth of how our economy operates...Do Not Watch This Video...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh yes thats right, everyone in debt got that way because they worked those two jobs and just couldn't do anything but take on debt.

While emotional stories like this work to delude people, have you examined the facts? How many people take on debt because they want the plasma TV and how many take on debt because they needed to go to the emerrgency room and had no health insurance? Do your research - I'm not going to do it for you - the vast majority of those who are in debt at some point made the decision to get in that debt because they wanted something they couldn't pay for in cash at the time.

Sob stories don't work on me. Like many other people, I came from a family in poverty and worked multiple jobs to go through college and graduate school, as well as getting merit based aid. Yes it was hell, no it wasn't fun, but that's life. In an era where college is so easy to get into its laughable and the government throws enormous amounts of financial need based aid at people, there is no excuse for people not bettering themselves to get paid more.

I went to graduate school with a single women who worked 3 retail jobs, had 4 children, and was at one of the top graduate schools in the nation. She started college when she already had 4 kids and 2 jobs. And she didn't complain at all, nor blame her life situation on debt. If she can do it, anyone can.

I had to laugh out loud if you think the IRS it taking a dime from anyone making $12.00 an hour. I make much more than that, and I get taxed at very low amount without any fancy tax tricks.

Did you know that a lot of people who are not in debt got that way because they worked 2 jobs and went to school in order to cover all their bills, such as utilities, water and groceries and other necessities? Wages have risen above inflation, and they continue to do this even though rent, utilities, water, food and gas have all risen astronomically. I guess you haven't heard, but there are many, many decent people, who save, and are fiscally responsible.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I had to laugh out loud if you think the IRS it taking a dime from anyone making $12.00 an hour. I make much more than that, and I get taxed at very low amount without any fancy tax tricks.

I have to laugh out loud at your ignorance. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. If you were ever in poverty, you would know what I am about to prove. So now I suggest that you do some research and stop babbling propagandist rhetoric.

"Poor people don't pay taxes."

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that people living in poverty, don't generally have any credit. So no, poor people are not out spending money they do not have.

www.usccb.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
lets initiate project mayhem...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

[edit on 3/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You load 16 tons and what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
St. Peter, don't you call me, 'cause I can't go--
I owe my soul to the company store.

A lot of people will recognize this verse from an old song, "16 Tons."
At the time this song was written, many big mining companies rented houses to their miners, at a profit, and gave them necessary food and goods from an overpriced "company store," on credit, of course. So many miners were never able to pay back the debt they owed the company, and worked their lives away just eating and paying rent.

Some factory towns operated the same way.

Debt slavery is as old as capitalism. You have to change capitalism before you can eradicate it.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacificwind
Wages have risen above inflation, and they continue to do this even though rent, utilities, water, food and gas have all risen astronomically. I guess you haven't heard, but there are many, many decent people, who save, and are fiscally responsible.

LOL if you think wages have gone up above inflation. Look at the corrupted government data and even that will tell you wages have gone no where in the past 15 years. Oh I stand corrected if you are in the top 1% you have seen your wages increase 36% in the past 2 years alone.

Now with that being said I do agree with my friend Jack that the government doesnt take federal taxes from the extreme poor just SSI and medicare. That is the only thing.

We had to wait for a democratic congress just to get the minimum wages increased from $5.00 to $7.00. $7.00 minimum? That pays for about a weeks worth of gas and food. I hope these people dont need a place to live because they wont be able to afford it.

It scares me there are people like you who vote out there because its sheep like you that contiunes to make this country continue down this crappy path. Put down the Kool Aid and sheeps skin and try to recognize that the world is not what George Bush says it is.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And yet it is possible to live debt free, and be a slave to nobody. I know because my parents pretty much did that. They're old school. They did get a mortgage for their house but paid it off in 7 years, and never had a credit card. Cars, furniture, appliances, luxuries, all paid with cash. It can be done.
Nowadays, we are bombarded with credit card ads, commercials that make us want all the latest gadgets. It's hard to stay out of debt.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted by pacificwinds
Wages have risen above inflation

On what planet? Yet another outrageous statement that reveals your absolute naivete.

Inflation is exactly what is being discussed here. Yet you act like it's some Force of Nature. It is simply Taxation Without Representation and therefore Unconstitutional. Even Woodrow Wilson admitted what he had done after the treacherous act of 1913. Not that he had a choice, if he wanted to live that is!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join