It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Delete.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Back on topic?

Someone said something about me placing blame through my question of blame. I was just wondering because the blame seems equally distributed accross the board.

Early Christians hype up Jesus by adding mythology in with the real life stories of a natural man. Sure that was a narrow minded way of transitioning from mankinds desires to make magical things of natural however in the long run through the unforeseen awakening of logical minds it dammaged the credibility of the truth behind the stories.

Modern day Christianity, be it the annoying type of church with their false fronts of friendship and then spin the conversation onto their lost understandings of what salvation actually means to their ritualized dogmaticisims that run so deep and dank that it seems more like OCD then a true religion.

Athiests people who wish to think they are logical but show inability to percieve anything out side of the ILLUSION of phyical "reality".

Other controling religious factors that would like to spin the religious world base away from a "singualr sonship" to a plural group ownership of this creation we dwell in.

There's alot of places to blame, those are but a few.

Maybe the world can just blame God for not being forthcoming enought to get it through our phyical minds, but of course I it said that would happen in revelation so you wouldn't want to suport the bible.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

The capitalization of religion as a profitable business have to be seen as an issue also.

No body can denied that Jesus is profitable, highly so when it comes to the faithful follower of Christianity.

Denying him will not eliminate Christianity at all the same way that denying the bible will no eliminate the believes on Jesus either.

So actually I don't see any danger anywhere that points out that Jesus will be deleted from history anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I don't see your logic according to the theory that people are trying to "remove" "Jesus". I often use "Jesus" in quotes because people only have their perceptions of the dety rather then true understanding. The point I was trying to make was that there are elements removing "Jesus" from historic understandings "delete".

Although I see you have a valid point. Capitializing on Jesus, I don't see this as a point that goes hand and hand with the delete.

"Jesus" is within the rights of public domain and so that if you wish to capitalize on "Jesus" you can to.

THOUGH! I wouldn't want to be you when the copy rites DO GET called in.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I forgot about that one but, hey Jesus is like a one size fit all. Now perhaps you are right and I mis interpreted the Jesus Delete from the topic.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I find myself in a rather unique position in this debate.

Personally I believe from my scriptures that Christ was a real figure and he had knowledge of the supreme. He was either an incarnation of God or a very advanced master of knowledge. I tend to think of him as the former. The kicker is... Im not Christian; Im a Hindu. Odd eh... Hindu scriptures clearly document 13 years when "Issa" or Jesus came to India, also known in the bible as his "lost years". So in my personal opinion, he existed.

I differ from Christians however because i dont believe in parts of the Christian faith as it is practiced in America. Evangelism is a massive stumbling point for me, as it is a form of fundamentalism.

Watching documentaries such as "jesus camp" or "baby bible bashers" leads me to conclude that the evangelistic messages are a far cry from Jesus' original message. Im not entirely sure how that message can be found again, but it would be fantastic if it were found.

On topic : There is no such conspiracy. It is just people debating the existence of christ. There is nothing wrong with people presenting new viewpoints... it will fortify those who truly believe and will cause waivering people to question blind faith.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
To me the primary controversy is: Would he have been called Rabbi if he was illiterate? If he studied at the temple (as the Bible supposedly says he did), he was literate and, as someone pointed out on another thread awhile back, "Literate people with religious mania write reams of stuff." Why would Jesus be an exception to that (at least de facto) law of nature?

It's not looking good for a strong enough factual basis for his existence, but I admit I don't know and confess I WANT for him to have lived and taught... as long as any at least hypothetical proof of him shows a clear demarcation between himself and the religion that slimed forth using his name (IMO).

There's also a seemingly sound enough theory that Jesus wouldn't have been called Rabbi unless he was MARRIED. The single hipster we know now didn't exist in his time. But that's another thread...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The people who created the old religions are now deconstructing it as we enter into the New Age. It's not complicated.

Some related issues:

Chris White attacks Alan Watt for not being a Christian and is torn apart by the Outlaws

This one has the audio of William Cooper, a Christian himself, talking about the Masonic symbolism present within Christianity:

The case against Chris White (proof he is wrong)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just because some people didn´t get it right(Im now talking about those documents mentioned before) doesn´t mean that the "real thing" is lost. Just pick up the Bible and pray sincerely that God reveals if there is something worth learning.

The Gospel is about getting yourself free from sin(through the cross of Christ) and that way you can receive the Holy Spirit of God and thus be born-again(by giving your life to Jesus Christ Master and Lord).

This means that a person will finally do what God asks from man: to love God from all your heart, and to love your neighbour as yourself. Thus fulfilling this old Testament prophecy from Hesekiel(im not sure of the spelling):

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by salaam123]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Conspiriology

Sorry to burst your bubble here but I don't subscribe to any of he above names you mention.

Too many assumptions no enough facts you think you know me and my preferences but you are so far away from the truth that is not funny.

Oh marg,, had I known you can't tell the difference between one who is being facetious or using a scandalous touch of sarcasm, allow me to make my self clear.

Now having no bubble to burst, what bubble are you talking about.

Would that be the bubble that has seen you make absolute statements about a so called future YOU insist on writing about and one you insist is true, a fact. I don't think I know you but I know your posts have no facts to bear any proof that the future you insist or the lack of conspiracy you complain about in every single thread I have seen you come in to, is a problem for YOU,, not me.

If all that "stuff" is not true regarding where you get this from, then please, share with us your access to the future so we can agree on what it shows us. Or is that something only YOU know about?

At the risk of bursting any bubbles of your own then please, keep said bubble intact and full of the hot air that keeps it in the air assumingly above us mere mortals who can't see as far into the future from the ground.

After it failed bringing Dorothy back to Kansas,

I just don't trust people hiding

behind any curtains

-Con

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There may or may not have been an actual Jesus, but this is not the point---the psycho dynamics of the spiritual consciousness which he represents is what is important; he triumphs an enlightened spirituality over the 'eye for an eye' animal logic of the finger-pointing father god of guilt. In a Freudian sense, he represents the Ego Ideal (Yin) establishing dominance over the Super Ego(Yang), and therefore his cosmology is essentially of feminine spiritual origins. In this sense we might consider him the son of Isis and the brother of Lucifer who also brought enlightenment to humanity, and rebellion against the (left brain/right body) father god.

Note that minds dominated by material concerns seek material manifestations of their beliefs, and minds dominated by spiritual concerns seek spiritual manifestations of their beliefs (i.e., they store up there treasures in heaven--in the psyche).

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I've noticed more and more over the past couple of years that people seem to be pushing toward a "Jesus never existed" reality, this is witnessed by such videos and theoretical theisimanic natured discussions.

I'd like to know who you think is at the center?
Why is this a drive?
Who's fault is it really?

People can believe or disbelieve what they wish and you or anyone else does not have the right to tell people what to believe.

Belief or disbelief is simply the unwillingness to seek the truth.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by ANTHONY33]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Neiby

Hi Nelby, my personal history coincides with yours. You have proven to be an honest individual. Sometimes I think that televangelists today are the best proof that the God of the Bible is a complete fabrication from ancient Sumerian and Babylonian mythological sources. They cannot really believe what they preach and not fear for their mortal souls based on their behaviour. They ply religion as one big scam. What further proof does one need? Look at the behaviour of religious adherents who shout the loudest. Do you see any godliness in their daily lives? As long as they kept to themselves it was OK to ignore them, but as soon as they try to gain political influence that is the time to point out their folly. Believe what you will, but don't infringe on my right not to believe.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Ha ha, she's on my ignore list for trolling the threads and acting as our school yard and classroom monitor, so I don't know what she said to rile ya, but you're funny anway. Sorry, off topic, but Con, I gotta luv ya.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Jesus didn't have time to write, althought that doesn't mean he didn't and it's not lost somewhere. But he only had 3 1/2 years to minister, so hardly enough time to do what he did and sit down to write about it also.

He also didn't have a home during his ministry. Where would you suggest he do that writing?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was a Catholic at one point, because my parents and whole family was i was baptised and did my first communion at a young age, but now my personal beliefs are very different than those that i was presented to at my yougth. i now personnally belief that Jesus never existed or at least was all stagged and was actually very different than what the bible and the stories say he was. i also belief that the bible was Written by some unknown being as a strategy to manipulate Humand kind with a "Religion", and it has been very sussessful till now.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter
Look at the behaviour of religious adherents who shout the loudest. Do you see any godliness in their daily lives?

Brilliant statement, simply brilliant. I agree totally that the most religious of all people, the closest to god and even to truth are those who listen rather than shout. Listening is the key to knowledge and shouting is the path to ignorance!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Very interesting that you bring Issa as the lost years of the Christ after the Christian version of resurrection, one part of historical information that theologicians seems to ignore and forget.

Because it doesn’t match the biblical accounts.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker

Jesus didn't have time to write, althought that doesn't mean he didn't and it's not lost somewhere. But he only had 3 1/2 years to minister, so hardly enough time to do what he did and sit down to write about it also.

Actually that's well wrong. Jesus had 33 1/3 years to "write". The reason there are no know writings by Jesus was that he was informed not to leave any as they would be come icons and would lead to idolworship.

Imagine if you will a partchment that Jesus actually wrote upon. People would come from around the world to view it, but the words written down would be less importiant then the actual paper it was written on.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think it was moreso because Jesus knew people would write what he did, he was just more concerned with making his divinity manifest.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by idle_rocker

Actually that's well wrong. Jesus had 33 1/3 years to "write". The reason there are no know writings by Jesus was that he was informed not to leave any as they would be come icons and would lead to idolworship.

Imagine if you will a partchment that Jesus actually wrote upon. People would come from around the world to view it, but the words written down would be less importiant then the actual paper it was written on.

Sorry, have to disagree. Jesus' ministry was only 3 1/2 years. He would have had nothing to write about other than his childhood and early adulthood in the other 30 years. His ministry is what we would be most interested in.

And how do you know Jesus was instructed not to write? Is this a special revelation to you?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join