It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that time travel will never happen

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
amitheone,

You're trying to apply logic to light speed and space/time without an adequate understanding of electrogravitics.
Read Childress's writings on time travel and ufos.
Read about the experiments of John Hutchison.
Read about the experiments of Townsend T Brown.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

You can even make many duplicates of yourself at infinity if you want.

No you can't, I tried that (having wanted to amass an army of many me to take over the world) and it didn't work. Well sure, you can program the matrix to create many look alikes, but they all won't be thinking alike for very long, and that's because they are not occupying the same spot, the same perspective into any shared reality, as you.

You are the unique product of your environment. And you are continually changing. Your unique perspective into your ever changing reality makes you different. I.E. had you been swapped at birth for a muslim baby, you would have grown up to be one of them, and the other one of your birth clan. Your perspective in to reality is streaming a different perspective into your mind than anyone else. There can only be just one of you.

Each shortcut/transit through the infinite multiverse sprouts a new branch on your tree too, your life path. If you start jumping around willy-nilly, you'll get lost, as many do. Probably most, but who really knows. In other words, if you did ever amass an army of many of you, it would be unlikely I and many others would be in that version of your reality. The infinite multiverse is a big ass place, and I doubt any such army could find me.

There is only one way to transit through the infinite, and it's a good thing humans are so far away from the truth, ha. Can you imagine if they learned how to time jump the matrix and escaped from their Earth cage? Yikes!

(pssst, you all can still tune into the future and just listen to it and what is going to happen if you want to and know how to, but beware of the consequences of KNOWING, and how that will affect what you are listening to too
)

Say, do earthlings still believe ET has a big pear shaped head with big buggy eyes and antenna instead of hair and they buzz around Earth in whirly twirly flying saucers looking to abduct humans and cows? Human assumptions concerning time travel and their reality might be as programmed as everything else you all have been indoctrinated to merely believe too.

Be careful of what you want to make-believe is real . . . but isn't so. It could be a trap instead.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ok, Divinoramus, I'll bite -
How do you 'listen to the future?'

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I will not give my name.

I am from the year 2122. I am letting you all know this becouse you will all think I am full of SH**##. I can tell you all that there is no way I would change dramatic events. If I was to do this then time would just resort back to normal and keep repeating its self from the point I changed to the time I went back in time. It would not be able to advance past that point becouse I would place time in a loop. I would change world events that would change what I did. This change of what I did would mean that I wouldn't have traveled back and that would mean that I time would go back to normal and then I would go back becouse I did do the same thing.

Can you see the big never ending circle. Time travel can not do any thing that would effect you and almost everything will effect you. We come to this year becouse the internet doesn't effect anyone they are used to reading BS and thuse most things don't cause a circle.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Actually, and as disappointing as it may sound, time travel is impossible.

Now, I don't doubt there are persons who have stepped through portals into other times, or places. But for science to duplicate that process they must be able to locate, investigate, and recreate whatever the process is that occurs.

They haven't done so. Neither in the past, the present, nor the future.

So in the end science fails.

The OP is correct. Had time travel been invented at any stage, all of the problems we face today would be diminishing, not increasing.

And why is this so?

The only purpose time travel would serve would be to protect the diminishing natural resources we have today for future generations.

To that end, those future travelers would not be coming back to collect those resources, but coming back to share technology ensuring those resources would be available in the future.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by garyo1954]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What if space and time aren't linear? What if all time, past, present, and future are running constantly at the same time in parallel universes? Wouldn't that change everything? Maybe traveling at 186,000 miles per second in a metal craft is the "slow" way.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by baldwin
What if space and time aren't linear? What if all time, past, present, and future are running constantly at the same time in parallel universes? Wouldn't that change everything? Maybe traveling at 186,000 miles per second in a metal craft is the "slow" way.

I'm not sure what your point is here. So I can't answer it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ha!! sorry about the vagueness of my post. i was trying to say that maybe the way we look at time travel is wrong. Most of us see time running in a straight line. Past is" behind" us while the future is " ahead of us". My thought was about the possibility that in reality maybe the past is happening now in a parallel universe or plane if you will. Same with the future. That would conceptually change the way we would get to the past or the future.

If still a little too vague I apologize!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes, that possibility would change the entire concept of time travel as we are defining it.

Good thinking!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Perhaps time travelers don't have altruistic intentions. Perhaps they conceal themselves effectively. Perhaps they have already altered time many times before the present without our knowledge (how would we know? we would be oblivious if the present changed as a result of alterations to the past, after all.) Perhaps along with time travel, they have invented genuine invisibility. Perhaps they have a temporal "prime directive" of sorts, preventing direct interference. Perhaps they have found a means of observing other times from a state somehow "outside" of space-time, allowing them to travel through time without having any effect on causality whatsoever.

The possibilities are endless, in my opinion. We literally have no way of knowing for certain as far as I'm concerned. Just because we can't conceive of it doesn't render it impossible.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Also something to think about

If time travel existed, that means the next trillion years of human civilization (or however long we're around) have already happened.

In that trillion years, there is bound to be ONE person who decides to travel back in time and destroy the entire planet.
Kamikazee pilots and Suicide bombers are my point.

If we still exist, its impossible for time travel to be possible. Because there will always be criminals, and there will always be that "one person" who hates the world and wants to end it all.

The notion that human kind would use time travel to change anything about their past, is also, obsurd.

If time travel was created to solve....world hunger....first off there'd have to be no world hunger TODAY, because to solve it, it has to never have existed.

So - if someone traveled back in time to fix world hunger, then the future would be altered, and the time machine would have no reason to have been invented.

Or...so my dizzy brain thinks

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Maybe time travellers found out that when they go to the past they can only witness the set in stone past but not change it.
And because they are "out of phase" with us or our reality we don't see them.

So they figured they only needed a device to look back into the past for history lessons
and don't even bother to come here anymore.

The same limitation might be true for a trip into future but this time because the future is a sea of potential and not set stone yet.
Every time they would go to a future date the future might be a diffrent one or even change while they are there and still not be able to change anything.

So they figured they only needed a device to see into the sea of potential futures and calculate the probabilities of one occuring based on their present time. And again no point for them to travel anywhere.

Hmm "trapped" inside the present day ? Sounds strangely familiar.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by Jeroenske]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeroenske

Very nice response indeed!

I never thought of it that way before.

Dang! Now i have to go set in the study and think things through

*sigh*

Ill be back with more

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If you kept up to date with the latest scientific theory rather than getting indegestion on science fiction, you would know that the latest quantum mechanics theories suggest that while time travel is possible it is impossible to go back and alter the events of the past.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
heres an amazing docu on time travel if you havent watched it its about the best source of scientific explanation for laymen time travel is indeed possible in theory and its been proven time and again

video.google.com...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeroenske

What produces your Universe is Nothing like what Human Primates think at all!

Humankind can only guess and make up theories!

But what you call Past Present and future exists in the form of a program.

The book of your universe is written as a multi layered book.

ie 1,000,000,000 page 1's 1,000,000,000 page 2's etc.

This gives humankind the elusion/Illusion of choice.

All that exists in your Universe is rewritten for you to explore.

Because All exists at the same time it is a bit like reading a Book or playing a DVD. With knowledge you can enter anywhere you like.

Humankind think they are in control but this is totally false.

If they are in Control then there are an awful lot of people, that enjoy hardship, pain and suffering!

So get real Humankind and realise the Universe is to explore as you would explore a book or a DVD!

All is present, Beginning to the End on a DVD or in a Book, but you can only choose your path in the Universe, if you have the knowledge to review the books, otherwise you can only wander, through your worldly experience.

I develop with others and Manufacture, Optical Interface Computers, that Interface with the Mainframe Processing system, that produces the elusion/Illusion that you call your Universe.

But oh Man, what a world has been produced, I Love it, and I Love what has produced it.

No I am Not what you would call religious, but I Love playing with these Optical Computer Interfaces.

I also Lecture on this subject, and am in China at present, soon to return home though, as this tour has been very tyring and I need a rest... LOL...

I can also give you Instructions, on how to produce a simple mirror, that you can see your Soul in, and All its Workings....

No it doesn't look like a Human form!

If you look at a thread called:

a CHALLENGE to believers in the creator

Another person on that thread, has placed a Link to my Web site.
Check it out especially My Journal and All 140 odd Drawings on The Matrix.

You may find something you are Not expecting and may be a little interesting for you...

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yes i think its possible...kinda,but like other people have said,you can only go back to the point the first time machine was built...ie build it...keep it on for 20 years(thats a high electricity bill) then go back to when you built it 20 years earlier.As for grandfather paradox...i think the mere fact you are going back in time or the future,automatically creates a split...so it wouldnt be the universe you originated from.Then again....we are only about 5 years away from seeing if it IS possible.And if it is...you have to ask,why have the military not already experimented with such things?...and if they did,where are the thousands or millions of time travellers? And if they are not here...you have to ask why? Maybe we humans dont survive long enough to see time travel machines as the norm...
ie 100 years tops if the experiment is a success and technology advances like it has done...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If time travel were possible... someone from the future would have come back and altered the past. Seems like that would be a main motive for time travel in the first place. Humans of the future would have abused this technology if it were available and probably would have done irreparable damage.

My firm belief.. you cannot change the past, or see the future. All you have is NOW. This belief comes from my 40+ years of experience living on this planet. People who claim to be able to see the future, are full of it. Everyone knows it.

If you really think about it, time is a man-made concept. I mean we all know what a year/month/day/hour/minute are.. but a second? If you were to definite a second... most people can't. According to science a second is “the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.[1] ”

Is that clear as mud? Anyways, my point is that time is strange.. The way we measure it and the way we use it to measure other things.

It is my opinion that if time travel were possible, you would not be able to send "matter" thru it. However, I will say that it is certainly plausible to me that there may some way to transmit/receive data thru time. The reason I think this is because of the work being done at MIT with the Laser Bose-Einstein Condensate. They are able to stop light and restart it.
Who knows whats next, eh?

Personally I love threads like this... Make ya think about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Proof that you are a noodle head. Kaku would have a field day with you. And make you his.......

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just as it is in the existence of your Universe so does a book have the same characteristics.

Just because a Book has a beginning , a story, and an end, so all three exist at the same time, surely this does not mean the book can't possibly exist?

If the so called future does not already exist, how can you move into each second of your new experience?

If the future did Not exist, all would just disappear because it would Not be there for you!

Unless you have the knowledge and capability of creating from nothing, and I seriously doubt that the average person has this ability.

So if the future has already been created how far out in front of our experience has it been created?

Perhaps History, past and future is in the form of a book.

Think about it for more than a second!

If every one is in Control of themselves I find it very strange that they want pain and suffering and poverty in their lives and finally they make themselves Die.

As you can see this situation is completely absurd of course people do Not desire Pain and suffering and Poverty.

I once tried this little experiment on a sceptic.

This sceptic threw all sorts of obscenities at me and said I was raving mad, as he was totally in control, of his life.

It was a Wednesday morning if I recall and he guaranteed me and others that were listening, he would buy a bottle of milk on the next Saturday morning, and bring it to me that same Saturday morning at 10:30 am, to prove to me and others, I was mad and talking a lot of rubbish and that he was in fact in Control of his life!.

Well its four years later and I am still waiting for that bottle of milk, as well as spectators that heard our argument.... LOL...

A few more people, listen more carefully to me now! Funny that.

I guess the sceptic, has learnt he is not in control of his life any more and never was.

Yes you are probably right in what you may be thinking. The sceptic just forgot, but this is my whole point...

The sceptic is so embarrassed he avoids having any more contact with me and the other spectators.

But I see this as just being very sad, as the same sceptic, could acknowledge the outcome and come to learn more about himself instead of plunging into denial because of pride!

What do you think?

For humankind to experience so called "time travel" or should I say the only thing that prevents humankind from experiencing so called "time travel" is ignorance!

Anything is possible if we first gain knowledge, then understanding...

Or perhaps we are just observing stories in the form of Interactive pictures and aren’t as free as we think we are!

And maybe there is a reason for this, and the world is not about, what we think it to be... LOL...

But ha I am only an old man, so what could I possibly know about anything... LOL....

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join