It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ats staff for obamma cause evry post gets deleted .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Only reason i ask is every post i post get's deleted by the mod's.

picture's video all shwo connection's of obama to radical muslim's.
obama being anti-partiotic ect....

one pic is this.

and this and ats staff delete's in almost instantly... so there's a conspiracy for ya..
he is not a muslim huh?

how many american do you know dress in islamic cloth's for fun? lol

enough said i will not post again on ats if every post i make get's deleted due to they back obama.

yes i posted obama's preacher usign rasict comment's
and his preacher sayign god d_m america.
and you deleted it.
so there ya go delte yet another

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
Only reason i ask is every post i post get's deleted by the mod's.

picture's video all shwo connection's of obama to radical muslim's.
obama being anti-partiotic ect....

he is not a muslim huh?

how many american do you know dress in islamic cloth's for fun? lol

Well, Americans of a Muslim persuasion, I would imagine. Unless you think that Muslim and America are two mutually exclusive designations.

Actually, those aren't "Islamic clothes" they are traditional Somali garb.

The photo reference Obama made was, of course, a reference to a Drudge Report story that staffers in Clinton's campaign were circulating a photo of Obama dressed innative somali clothing.
SOURCE

Kenyan elders demanded an apology from Washington on Thursday ahead of a planned protest over a controversial photo of U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama in traditional Somali dress.
SOURCE

Mr. Yusaf Omar of BBC's Somali Service explains the "meaning" of the clothes:

These are the normal clothes that nomadic people wear.

The head turban is especially used by elderly people as a suggestion of respect. It is something that has no meaning whatsoever in Somalia culture.
If you see someone dressed like that in Somalia, you think it is a nomadic person - that is all.

There is no religious significance to it whatsoever. It is mainly the nomadic people who use it. Some of them are religious, some are not.

It is simply a tradition of the place where they are from.

In this particular place, Wajir in north-east Kenya, the community is majority ethnic Somali.

SOURCE

Simply put, these are the clothes a person wears regardless of their religious designation, animist, Christian, or Muslim.

As for suppose unpatriotic displays, there is nothing that compels one, outside of tradition, to place their hand over their heart during the pledge. Many people do not, based on personal or religious beliefs; this is completely acceptable. Besides, it is a pledge to a flag, an inanimate object, not the nation. Nor is it the pledge that matters; come inaugural day, he will have to pledge to uphold the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

and this and ats staff delete's in almost instantly... so there's a conspiracy for ya..

Actually, there are plenty of anti-Obama posts. Take a gander...

I suspect the deletion of your posts have to do more with your terrible grammar and duplicating posts that are already in existence.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
exactly if my post's was going to be graded by ats meber's for spelling.
look's like they would invest in a spelll checker

so best you have of a come back is bad spelling?

my god or alla lol you have won tthe debunker award lol

penn and teller said it best.
you good sir are full of bullsh_t lol

what next i am a rasict for saying barrack obamma is up to no good?

all post abotu obama ...it's either a human dic_tionary pop's up or a person debunking by saying OP IS A RASICT CLOSE THREAD...

great research lol

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

exactly if my post's was going to be graded by ats meber's for spelling.
look's like they would invest in a spelll checker

so best you have of a come back is bad spelling?

It happens.

But grammar and spelling go a long away. If a post is near-indecipherable, it is going to be ignored or closed.

And I did not come back with just bad-spelling. I posted information that dimisses your claims as hysteria, misinformation, or bigotry.

you good sir are full of bullsh_t lol

great research lol

Could you please tell everyone what is wrong with this research? Just dismissing it as BS is not good enough. You need to demonstrate how it is BS.

Furthermore, from the BBC...

He said Mr Obama had on Monday taken time out of campaigning for the New Hampshire primary to call him twice, to express his concern, and to say that he would also be calling Mr Kibaki

In other words, your tabloid article, while attacking Obama for contacting Raila, ignores the fact he has also been contacting Kibaki. Obama isn't contacting Raila or Kibaki because they are cousins or because Obama is a secret Muslim. It's because he's of Kenyan descent, and being a candidate for US President, carries a lot of gravitas in Kenya. This is demonstrated in your tabloid article, in the very last paragraph.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't think that ATS is "for" obama specifically, but then again, they might be. Anyway, I have a post up there about Obama, befriending a terrorist and all that.
Here is the Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Please...

Obama = CFR

If I was a U.S. citizen I would never vote for a man like that. Neither would I vote for Clinton or McCain or any other CFR controlled puppet.. uhm I mean candidate.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Please...

Obama = CFR

I don't see how this is relevant to the current conversation, but I'll bite.

Have you ever known a Catholic that uses birth-control, despite the Vatican's prohibition to it?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's relevant to the topic because it shows that I, a senior ATS staff member would never support Barack Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's relevant to the topic because it shows that I, a senior ATS staff member would never support Barack Obama.

And I'm sure that that part of the electorate that votes based on the opinions of the ATS staff thanks you for your candor.

However, for myself, words cannot describe how little I care about your position as a senior ATS staff member, insofar as how I vote.

And I noticed you didn't answer my question. And trust me, it is relevant.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes I know I didn't answer your question. But that is off-topic and another thread would be needed for that. That's why I didn't answer it.

Didn't beforetime claim that ATS staff is pro-Obama and is deleting anything critical of Obama? Didn't he? Or did you already forget that he posted that?

Now I've replied to prove to him that that is obviously not the case, showing him the example of my thread. That staff is not exclusively pro-Obama, and that threads critical of Obama do not get deleted.

That was the point. Perhaps I was a bit vague in the beginning, and that you didn't understand.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I got completely turned around. Blame multi-tasking. You have my apologies.

However, I think there were actually two topics in the OP; how these threads are supposedly deleted, and an attempt to malign Obama via shaky evidence.

Since you brought up his CFR connections, that is why I asked the question, in the belief this thread was about two issues.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
No problem.. Start a new thread about it, and we can discuss it.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

And yet ANOTHER anti-Obama, ill-researched thread by Beforetime.

You've started plenty of anti-Obama threads, and I haven't seen ANY get deleted, so therefore, I have to assume that you just like posting the same WRONG information over and over again to make sure you got everybody.

Do some friggin' research, and you'll find out how ridiculous this thread is as well.

That's right, we're supposed to be DENYING ignorance, not spreading it.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Out of the available options in this election, I do support Obama and will probably vote for him.

He's certainly not going to save this country. He'll be coopted by the usual suspects on foreign policy, he'll be average on economics, but his redeeming characteristic is that he'll probably be great on social issues and if he gets 8 successful years on that front it will reduce the importance of the culture war by 2016 and help American politics become more issue-centric.

So maybe I'm not quite the calliber of Obama supporter you'd expect to have problems with, because I'm not what you'd call a true believer. Personally though, I would not allow my individual political views to interfere with my position, and I have every confidence that ATS would send me packing if I dared abuse the management's trust in that manner. I think any other staff members who back Obama would likewise have more integrity than that (if there are any- I have no clue where most of the staff stands on Obama- we haven't bothered to ask eachother).

Besides, why would I want to censor the typical criticisms of Obama? They give him appeal. At least two thirds of the mud that gets slung at Obama is blatant partisan hyperbole, baseless paranoia, naked obfuscation of issues by petty appeals to prejudice, and above all, demonstrably untrue. Two times out of three, when somebody tries to slander Obama, it's like Christmas for Obama supporters, because it makes the other side look bad and being vindicated against the charges makes Obama look all the cleaner.

The above is spoken as a member, but I will close with a bit of advice offered as a staffer. If you do not understand the reason for an action taken against you by the staff, and a u2u is not sent to you explaining the action, then you should either u2u the acting staff member with a polite inquiry, or use the complaint feature to make the same polite inquiry, and it is highly likely that you will recieve a kind and satisfactory response. Feel free to u2u me if there are any matters you would like to discuss in detail- I like to spend some portion of my time helping members with their complaints, because there's more to our staff than being the "bad cop".

[edit on 22-3-2008 by The Vagabond]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
beforetime,

I'm a staff member who is for Obama, as I have stated here ( Incompetence or Fraud: I Was Disenfranchised in the NYS Primary!), but I haven't deleted any of your threads. Echoing the sentiments of the Vagabond, I would encourage you to submit any concerns you might be having to the staff. However, given the fact that this thread has been active for so long, I'm curious to know, has your original opinion changed?

As to your other points, about Obama's involvement in Kenya, and his donning of traditional garb, I don't find anything wrong with it... but that is a purely personal opinion.

new topics

top topics

join