It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those wacky Californians..gotta luv 'em

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
out there on the left coast we have CA...155,500 sq miles, 35 million people and they like to say f@#k you to the Federal govt alot. On top of CA medical marijuana
, san fran is openly alowing gay marriages
. The terrminator has step in and ordered the attorney general to halt the marriages. but the spokes person for the A G said that the terminator had no authority over the A G. The A G office is apperently going to seek a judgement soon on this issue but at thier leisure...and the mayor of san fran 'scoffed' at the terminators directive. (the article is on the AP news wire....)

The article is not my point......my point is..CA goes against fed law often..asserting its state laws and even local state laws first......Could CA be the first state to separate from the U.S. at some point???? (besides falling into the ocean from eathqaukes)

just something to think about.............................

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It's the fifth largest economy in the world!

I vote we keep California and give Texas to the Taliban to run. Oh they do already...

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I live in California and I think that the Republicans made a really bad choice in recalling Davis. We got a #ing Terminator as governor!!!Oi!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
>> give Texas to the Taliban to run. Oh they do already...

Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
>> give Texas to the Taliban to run. Oh they do already...

Can you elaborate on that?

Just the capital punishment thing. The joy derived by cruel punishment and all that. California is out there, but Texas isn't exactly mainstream America though it's often presented as such IMO. I especially was impressed when they drug that black guy behind the truck to his death. Would have made the Taliban proud.

But "technically" I suppose the Saudis are a better fit to run Texas. Elite oil families and all that.

Sorry if you're a fan. But I hate Texas. It doesn't have to make sense. It's an emotional response. I travel there for work and hate it. The giant stewardess hair, the traffic, the business men in # kickers, the braggart culture. Screw 'em all.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks for editing it, I was a bit confused about what you meant.

And no, I'm no fan. I was just curious to find out what you meant.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Never been, don't want to go.

By the way (totally off topic), ever notice how they think they got the best looking chicks in Texas?

It's not hard to understand if you think about it. It's untrue, but could seem true since they have more of the year to see the bodies of the hot ones.

Not hard to think they have better looking girls in Texas compaired to New York let's say. Girls in NY are bundled up half the year so they do not seem as hot.

Duh. Must be something in the water. Seriously, or the country music.

new topics

top topics

join