It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Inca Temple Discovered in Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Archaeologists have discovered the ruins of an ancient temple, roadway and irrigation systems at a famed fortress overlooking the Inca capital of Cuzco, according to officials involved with the dig.

I think this is pretty cool. I've always been interested in this region for its previous civilizations. I love machu pichu and want to go there some day.

But this is interesting because it's from both the Inca and pre-Inca cultures. Archaeologists think that the Incas entered and changed the form of the temple, as it initially had a more rustic architecture.

One of the other really neat things from the article is archaeologists are also busy unearthing an advanced hydraulic system, which may have been used to supply water to Cuzco during the Inca empire.

Please let me know of your thoughts, reactions, interests.

Link to Story

[edit on 3/15/2008 by Nathabeanz]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's another link with about 45 seconds of video footage to give u another perspective.

Video

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Cuzco is one of the places I'd love to visit some day. It's not a site I consider incredibly ancient (but I work with dinosaurs, so 250 million years is "ancient" to me) -- but it's a precolumbian culture I'd never heard of, so I looked it up (en.wikipedia.org... ).

Cuzco is one of the sites of the "hitching post of the sun"; a structure that was tied to ceremonies at the winter solstice.

Take a look at the Killike fortreess, Sacsayhuamán: en.wikipedia.org... -- that's some pretty impressive stonework! Seeing work like that which predates the Incas of the area gives us an idea where they learned their stonework craft.

Another spot to add on my "things to do before I die" list.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah i have to agree not something i'm able to do right now but before i die definitely want to check it out.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
who knows how old we are

top topics

join