It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Rejects Eavesdropping Immunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

House Rejects Eavesdropping Immunity

www. nytimes.com

After its first secret session in a quarter-century, the House on Friday rejected retroactive immunity for the phone companies that took part in the National Security Agency’s warrantless eavesdropping program after the Sept. 11 attacks, and it voted to place greater restrictions on the government’s wiretapping powers.

The decision, by a largely party-line vote of 213 to 197, is one of the few times when Democrats have been willing to buck up against the White House on a national security issue
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.startribune.com
www.boston.com
www.iht.com

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can hardly believe it!

Are the Democrats actually making a stand against Bush & Co.!

It's about time our elected officials do the right thing!

Warrantless eavesdropping goes against the US Constitution!

Kudos to them!

The only thing that remains to be seen is if they will stick to their guns (if they weren't already confiscated) and not let Bush bully them on this.

www. nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I love GWB and the GOP on this.

"This bill needs to be passed to save America. If the democrats do not give every tax payer penny to halliburton and immunity to the phone companies we will veto this bill. If they still fight us we will personally line up every American not in the top 10% and execute them."

Like wow, go conservatives! Wait, its the GOP they haven't been conservative for decades!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Could this mean?.....nooooo.....

I mean....could it?....

Could this mean that our OWN gov't is actually starting to wake up to what's been going on as of recent?

Amazing...

new topics

top topics

join