It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best New Albums/Artists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Rockferry, by Duffy is the best new album I've heard in quite some time - a beautiful voice and songs seemingly influenced by blues, soul and northern soul, with a little jazz thrown in for good measure.

A truly great listening experience, and a stunning debut album - catch her live performance and acoustic set on Jools Holland's show.
Video for debut single "Mercy" no1 in the UK charts.

Just google duffy to watch other live sets and the official video's.
I predict a big future.

Anyone else got a favourite?

All genre's/artists welcome

[edit on 15/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Response to Budski

She has a real "reedy" voice. Very Pretty! Her voice reminds me a lot of Nelly Furtado's. Good find!

Nelly Furtado
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-4-2008 by MrsEsterhouse]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Hey Bud,
This got played at the vfm do at this years Easter Scooter Rally at Great Yarmouth and was well received, most unusual for a new record as popular as this is.

Never heard all the album yet but I've heard reasonably good things about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
david bowies favorite band right now

^^
TV on the radio

^^
um i felt i had to add this because Bjorks last album sucked

BUT this entire album (MedĂșlla) was made *almost ONLY* with sounds from the human body, say what you want about her being a weirdo and that swan dress lol she is one heck of a musician

and the live version at the olympics

^^ my current favorite song by big mike and breakfast (if you like it tell him www.myspace.com... he seems like a cool guy)

if i haven't seen (or heard) it it's new to me!

i was told 5 minutes ago too that Armin Van Buuren (voted worlds #1 DJ) has a new album out

[edit on 3-4-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Tv on the Radio.
Grrreat!

Nice Bjork song as well! what I like in the live performance is how her dress fills the stadium. Pretty cool!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm a huge TVotR fan. They deserve whatever press and accolades they get. At the moment, Tunde Adebimpe is probably my favorite front man as well.

I'm not sure how recent an album qualifies as "new" for this thread, so I'll limit myself to nothing before 2007. I enjoyed Sea Wolf's Leaves in the River. I was extremely impressed with What Is!? by King Khan and the Shrines (Welfare Bread is one of the best songs of this decade and it sounds like it came straight from the '60s).

Robbers and Cowards by the Cold War Kids is decent.

My personal favorite album from 2007: We Sing of Only Blood or Love by Dax Riggs.

R.E.M. just dropped Accelerate last week. It's pretty good. And The Black Keys came out with Attack and Release, though I still prefer Rubber Factory or Magic Potion to it.

Jaymay's Autumn Fallin' is very good. And Josh Ritter keeps knocking them out of the park with The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter.

/tn.

top topics

join