It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from South Dakota

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It says to stop in and say hello and get adopted so here I am. I am basically a skeptic, but I do consider some conspiracy theories legit. I am an atheist, but I am not hostile to spirituality. I am not White or Black or Hispanic or Asian but a breed Lakota, which means I am not even an Indian, so there aren't going to be a lot of people who can identify with me. On the politcal spectrum I am a left-leaning Libertarian, what Penn Jillette deems an anarcho-capitalist. I like sports, particularly baseball and boxing and NASCAR but I agree with Mencken that our culture is basically pedagogue duped which sand-bags our intellectual vitality. I like reading Parenti, and Pilger but Chomsky's style puts me to sleep. My favorite book of all time is Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut, folowed by Puddin' Head Wilson by Twain. I am probably older than your house but nowhere near as old as dirt, and I am not shy about pointing out that Hillary Clinton has fat ankles. I majored in Sociology, minored in BA, and worked for some time as a journalist and I got a nice gal and we call each other "Buddy," and we got three devilshly handsome boys and an ugly stupid dog. I figure I read 10,000 comic books when I was a kid, smoked too much pot, got in too many scuffles, but managed to stay out of prison even though I was raised in an Indian ghetto and come from a rez with one of the highest murder rates in the USA. There's a lot more but I don't feel like pouring all of my soul into one post. This one's past 2500 characters and 4000 is the max, so the post is half full, not half empty.

If there are any interested adopters I would greatly appreciate it.

Jimmy

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Got much snow there?

You might want to check out BTS as well, lighter topics and it's fun.

Later.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iyeskajim

Welcome, iyeskajim!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Really glad you stopped by and joined up.

There's a wealth of threads to read, and a ton of podcasts and shows.

Here's some links that you might find helpful:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also scroll up to the top of the page, and find a U2U light lit up. Click on that and you will find a message.

Again, welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

top topics

join