It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination Attempt on Vladimir Putin Foiled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Assassination Attempt on Vladimir Putin Foiled

www.telegraph.co.uk

A man with a sniper rifle and Kalashnikov assault gun was found and detained in a rented apartment overlooking Moscow's St Basil's Cathedral, on March 2, the day of the Presidential election in Russia.

Mr Putin and his president-elect, Dmitry Medvedev, appeared under the cathedral for a late-night pop concert once early results indicated that Mr Medvedev would win a landslide.

The popular Tvoi Den newspaper, which broke the story, claimed that both men could have been killed from the flat which was in the line of sight of a stage where they appeared.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Moderator Edit
>Please read>> *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[color=#EEB4B4]* Please note that there is a [color=#FFE7BA]character limit of 500 characters [color=#EEB4B4]for the copied story snippet.

[color=#EEEEE0]Exceeding this character limit may result in drastic editing or your thread will be closed, moved or deleted.

[font=Arial Black][color=#CD5555]--khunmoon--
mod&member[/font]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[edit on 15/3/2008 by khunmoon]

[edit on 15/3/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
WHOA...Pretty crazy stuff. Sounds like the guy was really plotting it out and may have got darn close. He could have gotten both Putin and medvedev in one spot. Creepy.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

this should be intresting!!!

star & flag *waits for the theorys* on this one,

gl2

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The thinking has been that the Rothschild mafia, the Kosher Nostra, in England has plotted to get Putin. When Putin jailed YUKOS oil billionaire Mikhail Khordokovsky, Khordokovsky gave transferred all his YUKOS shares to Jacob Rothschild. And a long Putin's commute route to the Kremlin about 3 years ago was the British gang (fingerpointing to Rothschilds). Why Rothschilds? Because they lead the child sex-racketeering, narco trafficking NWO mob, which includes Rockefeller and his little munchkins. Putin, although controversial, has sharply veered away from them to a larger, loosely structured international alignment of nations threatened by Bush and the NWO.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The results could have been catastrophic had this actually happened. Russia would have been left in a pretty confused state if both the President and President Elect had been assassinated.

But in the back of my mind I still get the feeling it could have been orchestrated to boost their popularity...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Putin, being the ex-KGB person that he is, would have known people who could have made it look like this was a real assassination attempt when it was just a ploy to make him and his handpicked candidate look like victims, which would likely help them out tremendously with the public, popularity wise. I certainly wouldn't put it past someone ofhis slyness and sleazality.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wally is correct.
Putin is the Russian equivilent to Bush.
He is so arrogant and calculating that I'm sure it was to play victim.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah, too bad the poor bastard failed. Just what this world needs, the Russian version of Bush.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So, who does ATS think was behind it?

The mention of "foreign-made optics" is interesting and obviously insinuating something.

I wouldn't put it past the neocon bunch here in the US to attempt such a thing, but there are plenty of people that want to see Putin go down...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow! You are a thread-posting animal, DD!

I love it!

Maybe he was just a patsy, who really did get caught, and prevented
from changing history with murder. If so, there's a lot of really tee-ed
off plotters, drooling for their next chance!

So there could be a 'Jack Ruby' type, waiting to take-out Osmanov, so
he doesn't talk!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I always wonder how their plans are foiled. I always imagine how easy it would be for me to patiently wait for the right moment to assassinate a president etc. Who leaks this information? Does the guy get overjoyed and can't contain himself and tells a few friends? Or was this an inside job between countries/factions and rogue-intel- played a part in revealing this scheme? Or WAS it, as said above, just a popularity stunt? It makes no sense to me otherwise, it really doesn't.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Putin does not compare to Bush. He has real support in Russia because he works for Russia. And the people trust him and that is why they voted Medvedev, the "international" media says the elections were fake , they lie

[edit on 16-3-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Isn't this right out of the commie handbook? Chavez did the same thing. Play the part of the victim in order to get sympathy and then support to bash whoever you want.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Sky watcher]

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Sky watcher]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well if this was engineered by Putin's orders, why did it take 2 weeks for it to leak out, and in the Russian version of the National Enquirer?

If you wanted the full drama of media manipulation, you'd have let the guy get into position, swoop down on him just before Putin appeared, and drag him out with the sniper rifle with all the cameras rolling.

Now there's a media show worthy of the JFK assassination. This is a whole other animal.

No, my vote is either a western security agency or some fanatical faction in Russia. Doesn't add up that they staged this themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Yeah, too bad the poor bastard failed. Just what this world needs, the Russian version of Bush.

Oh good, we can call for and support assassinations on this board now? Great, now I can start openly broadcasting my bloodthirsty tendencies to have people murdered.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
gottago nice post, i am formulating an opinion an i lean toward your beleifs , also putin does not seem to be in line with the NWO, but those things are speculative and are oft muddied

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by projectvxn

Oh good, we can call for and support assassinations on this board now? Great, now I can start openly broadcasting my bloodthirsty tendencies to have people murdered.

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch. How many has Putin killed anyway? Secretively and openly? Don't play the moral high ground card. No one has the hand they need to play it effectively.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't like what Russia has become. Of course, even when Russia was full blown Communist, they were not friend as it stands. Regardless, they are becoming dangerous to everyone in contact with them.

I don't like them being friendly with Iran either. Anyone remember the Progroms of Stalin(I think that's what it was)?

They could easily attack Israel...Not a good outcome.
For Russia and Iran, that is. They are attacking God's children...haha, you don't come out to well, ask any Nazi.

Anyone interested more in this should read Joel Rosenberg's book Epicenter. Somewhat outdated now, but still very intelligible and useful.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This defiantly smacks of a setup so that Putin can tighten his reigns even moreso on Russia.

Hopefully the people of Russia can weather the storm of putin and his kgb thugs.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I gotta agree with the folks on this that it was a staged event to increase their polularity. If they foiled an actual assasination attempt, no one in the free press would know about it. If they actually caught the person in a real assasination attempt, man do I feel sorry for what the KGB will do to them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join