It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photos from mobile

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Well said observe50. It worries me that someday the truth, whatever that is, may be staring us in the face, only to slip away because of the impatience and rudeness of others. Many who join this site just to share an experience, or seek answers probably have no idea of what they are getting themselves into....so be kind. The op was given such a hard time in their first thread because of their grammer, but I've seen some pretty crappy grammer from some of the most brilliant minds here at ATS. My brother is one of the smartest people I know, but sometimes he can't even spell his own name.

And please quit picking apart the op's (or their friend's) use of a cell phone camera. I'm over 20 years old (way, way, way over 20) and I can barely make a call on my phone, let alone worry about taking pictures with reference points, hi res, low res and proper lighting...especially if a ufo was staring me in the face. I would still (immediately) post them here for all to see and pick apart all they want. But some people, especially new members are probably more intimidated than others and easily 'ran off'. So everyone, please keep that in mind.

With that said, I'm intruigued by the (1st) picture and I think jritzman should take a look at it as I feel it merits further investigation. This may be something totally explainable, but I'm not about to cry lamppost before someone can prove to me that it is a lamppost.

Kudos to the op for daring to come back with the pictures. The op did what they said they were going to do. But if we want answers to the many questions we may have surrounding the pictures then I think some here need to change their "it's a fake, it's a lamppost, thread closed" attitude before we become a completely unapproachable site and miss out on what could one day be some really exciting stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I seem to think that many on this thread have mistaken catious scrutiny for rudeness. Pardon us (collectively) if some of our chosen words or phrasing have appeared brusque or abrasive.

I feel it would be a useful tool for those that have not done so already to review the previous thread that the OP had run immediately before this. The reader can get a feel for the OP's posting style and method.

That thread was killed for a reason, as I feel this one should be when the pictures have been examined by a professional (Internos? JRitzman?).

The manner in which the OP has presented his information is childish at best... Especially for one who claims to be a professional in the studies of human behavior. The question that comes to my mind is this:

Are we right now, by posting on this thread, serving as unwitting members in the OP's "case study" of ATS members.

Proceed with caution friends- this OP is a lot more shady than meets the eye in just this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

My thoughts exactly. I am cautious for several reasons. I have been trying to find any similar reprts with the more credible data bases and I have yet to find any report that even resembles that of the OP.

If what the OP claims is true this would be a major sighting with witnesses and photos. His claim in the original thread was full of holes and I was not impressed with the little kiddy link he left for us.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I would love for those pics to be of a genuine ufo, however, I ran the pics through some filters myself in CS3 and came up with nothing. My question is for 1nL1ghtened. What software did you use and what steps did you take to make the pic look that way. It almost looks...dare I say it...manipulated... to give the "saucer" shape. Just my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nice photoshoot but buy a better cellphone with more mpix. So we can see better what it is but for now i'm buying it And it feels genuine strange enough!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I was catching up reading this and couldn't agree with you anymore! That's exactly the same thoughts I had before reading yours! I was kind of weird.

Yes, most importantly you need to read his previous thread to understand how rediculous frostbite sounds.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytquin
I would love for those pics to be of a genuine ufo, however, I ran the pics through some filters myself in CS3 and came up with nothing. My question is for 1nL1ghtened. What software did you use and what steps did you take to make the pic look that way. It almost looks...dare I say it...manipulated... to give the "saucer" shape. Just my opinion though.

No problem mytquin, and a very astute guess IMO. I ran this image and every image I evaluate through PS6. I am quite familiar with the controls and settings, and I have a pretty good mastery over levels and contrast.

To say this photo (the one I presented) " looks manipulated" is a vast understatement. I literally had to run this thing through almost all my filters to be able to wring that comparison out! So, it is "manipulated" in that sense, well if you consider....

Auto levels
Auto Contrast
Fade Auto Contrast 72%
Invert
Threshold
Darken
Color Burn
Rasterize....the list goes on...

.....you get the point. The image below is a far less "manipulated"
version to illustrate why and and more specifically where I am basing my "opinion" or conclusions.

Great question, never be afraid to ask. Hopefully more people will pay attention to details in the future and offer some type of processed based hypothesis, instead of just blurting some off the hip, tongue and cheek response to any given thread.

I always try to incorporate a visual representation of my thoughts and findings, and let the truth be what it will be... welcome to ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join