It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phone reads your thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Mobile phone reads your thoughts

www1.vg.no

A neckband that translates thought into speech by picking up nerve signals has been used to demonstrate a "voiceless" phone call for the first time.

With careful training a person can send nerve signals to their vocal cords without making a sound. These signals are picked up by the neckband and relayed wirelessly to a computer that converts them into words spoken by a computerised voice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.youtube.com
technology.newscientist.com

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Daniem]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Daniem]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I found this to be most interessting. There seems to be developed more and more things that can be controlled by mind-power. I first read this at a norwegian site (source). I also link to a video showing how it works, as well as an additional english site with this news.

Any comments?

www1.vg.no
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Technology overall is making extreme leaps ahead this year, it seems! This is only one of many amazing things and we're not even nearly halfway through the year! And I guess this means artificial telepathy is on the way.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I recently read that by using the internet with the device we can basically increase our intelligence. If you need information just think it. The information is sent to internet and returns the answer back to you.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How long do you think they've actually had this technology available for secret use? If they've already made it portable, what has this sort of thing already been installed in that is larger than a cell phone? What if it could be used forcibly for thought crimes?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i looked around there seems to be no information past the information on those 2 sites nothing theres just no details i dont even see a patent

any one know of any other details on this

i did find openeeg where they tryed to do this kind of stuff

be nice if there was an openaudeo project

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've read of a device in development that you wear and it projects the names of things like famous buildings and monuments and other things, just by looking at them and, I think, blinking your eyes or something, like having a walking google Earth.

Tags would 'float' over the objects that had tags and reference material.

The device would project a virtual screen and not interfere with your vision.

It would serve to essentially 'increase' one's intelligence in many respects and would at least serve to remove any mis-conceptions, depending, of course, on the programming and reference tags being correct historically, and unbiased.

Wouldn't exactly want a really 'cluttered' virtu-screen when driving, since that might distract someone.

Once we have 'wearable computers' such as woven into our garments, there's a lot of stuff like this which would open up, at least until other, better things came into existence (like direct info downloads into the brain, like in The Matrix

Great post. Starred.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

It's not being controlled by mind power. It's picking up the electrical impulses of your neck nerves as you control your voicebox. So, you can make the right shapes with your voicebox but without pushing air through, and the device knows what noises you'd make if you were actually speaking.

This has absolutely 100% nothing to do with the mind, just simple nerves (not in bundles, before someone equates nerves with the brain
).

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Divers have been using similar technology to communicate for a couple of decades now if not longer. I think they go one step further and pipe audio through bone conduction. I personally believe that implantable bone-phones are here now, or at least on the drawing board in some black R&D laboratory.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

With careful training a person can send nerve signals to their vocal cords without making a sound.

Careful Training? That is a bunch of B.S.

The term is subvocalization. It is a by product of learning verbal communication. When we say a word we are conditioning our vocal cords to 'go through the motions'.

Subsequent thought of a word excercises the vocal cords in the same fashion, but without the projection.

Same thing with audio...think about it....

new topics

top topics

join