It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junk food advert code launched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Junk food advert code launched

news.bbc.co.uk

A global campaign aimed at reducing the marketing of unhealthy food to children has been launched.

More than 50 consumer groups are backing a voluntary code of practice which includes tight restrictions on television and internet advertising.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
At last, one small step in the right direction.

Maybe now millions of people will be less brainwashed than they were but they will be left feeling a bit odd and empty as such advertising is removed. I think the psychological transition will take a while for the full effects to kick in.

That said, the report states it will be a global campaign, yet i wonder how heavy the campaign will be and in which areas. If say 60% of the campaign is done in the West and only 40% done in the rest of the world, then that would be a bit of a blow.
It should be 100% effort everywhere.

The end of the use of 'celebrities' to advertise anything will be a warming moment for me. I can't wait to see that stopped for ALL advertising methods.

I sincerely hope this brings forth much more than just a stab in the heart to big corporations producing inadequate food stuffs. It might mean better treatment of livestock before food production, less chemical sprays and treatments used of fruit and vegetables, less additives and preservatives in the food too.

They might even stop injection meat with water to bulk it out so they can get more pound for pound

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join