It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch in Friends & Respected Foes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I received a U2U letting me know I was added to someones respected foe list.
-"I see no enemy here" - ben hur.

Anyway, I noticed in my profile that some people have recently (or maybe not recently) added me to their friends list.

BUT...never received the U2U letting me know someone added me to their friend list.

So this may be a glitch or an oversight.

Im a mac user with safari, but I truly dont think this has anything to do with it.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 15-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I don’t think you get a U2U if someone add’s you as a friend, someone added me (a user I never even seen before) and I never got a U2U.

Then someone added me the other day as a “foe” (also someone who I never seen before) and got a U2U. So I think it’s normal.

Just a small question, What exactly is it when they add you as a “foe”? Does it mean they like you or hate you? lol.

Mikey

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
I don’t think you get a U2U if someone add’s you as a friend, someone added me (a user I never even seen before) and I never got a U2U.

Then someone added me the other day as a “foe” (also someone who I never seen before) and got a U2U. So I think it’s normal.

Well that clarifies it then...
It seems indeed that is just how the system is set up.

Personally I dont need a U2U letting me know if Im someones foe - as if they added me to their list I highly doubt they will be reading anything else I write. But anyway.

Peace

dAlen

p.s. cool (in regards to your icon), its 'gingy' (if I spelled it right)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Correct..the system notifies you of your foes only.
Your foes would be the members who don't agree with you..but probably still think highly of you enough not to hit the "IGNORE" button.
It would be a grand thing to be u2u'd about friends as well.
Focus on the positive not just the negative.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
being notified of who has added you as a freind would be a positive re-enforcment and i agree with you.
as for being added as a respected foe , i dont find that a negative thing what so ever. as a matter of fact i found it quite warming that i can still gain the respect of the people that i don't see eye to eye with. that's a solid building block for a long lasting freindship...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I have someone listed as my respected foe, but I did not initiate this, or receive a u2u, also I have someone listed as a friend also with no explanation. Being comparatively new here I do not understand.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
I have someone listed as my respected foe, but I did not initiate this, or receive a u2u, also I have someone listed as a friend also with no explanation. Being comparatively new here I do not understand.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

Im relatively old here and I dont get it either, but thats how they have the system set up.

Your bit about the foe is interesting as its a different pattern altogether...as for the friend, people can add you but you wont know unless you constantly go to your profile.

Which, I may add, is why it seems more useful to know who your friends are.
What is it you said that was able to communicate with someone...the foe on the other hand, well that comes from miscommunication, which is about 99% of communication. We filter things through that grid system of ours and are preconceived ways of seeing things.

"you only see in him/her what you want to see.." - dumbledore to snape
Good words, we meditate on this, it would do some good.

Peace

dAlen

p.s. this was on board business, but got moved here. See, there is a bunch I dont understand about this site and I have been around for years.

Talk about communication.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
SPeaking of friend/foe list glitches:

I noticed that I had some people that selected me as friends that I'd never heard of. So I went to their profiles to check them out and found out that, although they show in my profile as having selected me as a friend, I was not in their list of selected friends on their profile page. Also the only person whom had selected me as a foe (as shown in my profile) doesn't show me as a foe on theirs.

Never saw this a a big deal, but as this is a thread for friend/foe glitches thought I'd throw in my two pence.

top topics

join