It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: I want the romance of war

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well he'll be out of a job come January and by then they might need to raise the military age limit to find enough troops. Now that would be sweet justice..

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I found the following piece whilst surfing the news sites last night, talk about dripping with irony:

www.espritdecorps.ca...

BRITWARRIOR, perhaps you need to do a little historical research. I don't recall any attacks on the UK carried out by Kalashnikov wielding Afghan goat herders over the last few decades. What attacks on us are you talking about?
For those of us old enough to remember events, and with the inkling to do a little research on the subject, it becomes clear that the whole farce that is the Afghan war has been played out before.
Simply put, if we stop messing around in someones back yard, they'll leave us alone. The idea that they want to come hear and kill us all for being unbelievers is laughable. Bringing our own brand of peace and democracy (what a joke) at the end of a gun is always going to breed more resentment.
Of course, when the stinky brown stuff hits the fan, we are expected to wave our little plastic flags and bay for revenge, whipped up into a patriotic fervor by the corporate press barons (with large shareholdings in the arms companies) and the very leadership who created the whole mess.

I'd sooner see the leadership put against a wall and shot than risk my own life, or the ones I hold dear, in a conflict that I didn't create against people in a far off land that are no threat to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
When outcome of democracy is people like Bush, we suspect democracy!

Without his family and weath, Bush would have difficulty getting an ordinary job in the real world in my opinion. What an advertisement for Western culture he is....

Bush's level of stupidity is very serious. Hopefully he leaves the office before he take any stupid action against Iran.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I think the Afghan war is serving one major purpose. It gives the government a way to siphon coc aine from there to here, all while playing Columbia against it's neighbors. The government's against drugs, you say?

Well, then how come is it that in this article, it mentions that Afghanistan is producing more, yes I said MORE poppies per capita than they were this time last year? Doesn't this reek of a problem somewhere in our government?

I gots me a bad feeling, and it's not leading in a good direction.

TheBorg

[Edited to fix url and clarify point.]

Edit 3:

To bring this back on topic somewhat, I wanted to point out that even though Bush hasn't actually been in combat, he sure seems to enjoy the idea of being in it. Isn't it even remotely strange that he's talking about his not being able to go as though he's untouchable? Like I said before, George Washington did it, and he was older than Bush is right now. So, again I ask, what's stopping this guy?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

BRITWARRIOR, perhaps you need to do a little historical research. I don't recall any attacks on the UK carried out by Kalashnikov wielding Afghan goat herders over the last few decades. What attacks on us are you talking about?
For those of us old enough to remember events, and with the inkling to do a little research on the subject, it becomes clear that the whole farce that is the Afghan war has been played out before.
Simply put, if we stop messing around in someones back yard, they'll leave us alone. The idea that they want to come hear and kill us all for being unbelievers is laughable.

so we are the bad ones? i just dont buy that this war on terroisum cost's just abit more than we make from it in this millitary war complex thing you speak of and thats just conspiracy imo!!

america was attacked and being "allies" and the help the americans give us the brits in the 2nd world war, where we was attacked buy nazi germany we chose to help them in return, ok we all know that right, and lets not get mixed up with other conspiracys that 9/11 was an inside job lol thats rubbish,

london was attacked shorty after, was it not? i really do think this website has twisted alot of people realitys on wot is actully going on in the world without people crying out conspiracy, conspiracy, and to say if we pull out of afghanistan there be no more attacks back home, well you are a brave man to say that imo, i feel you are very very very wrong and hope the job is done before we come home, i would agree with you if you said pull out completly from iraq...

iraq is a diffrent story and a huge mistake but dont get the two confused

[edit on 15-3-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
reply to post by Britguy

I think the Afghan war is serving one major purpose. It gives the government a way to siphon coc aine from there to here, all while playing Columbia against it's neighbors. The government's against drugs, you say?

Well, then how come is it that in this article, it mentions that Afghanistan is producing more, yes I said MORE poppies per capita than they were this time last year? Doesn't this reek of a problem somewhere in our government?

I gots me a bad feeling, and it's not leading in a good direction.

TheBorg

[edit on 15-3-2008 by TheBorg]

i think its heroin you mean not cocain?

theres more heroin growing over there than ever 90% of the world heroin comes from there, i think thats got something to do with it being something like 80% of there econemy is based on its export, and with the war being about winning hearts and minds have turned the blind eye,

that stuff actully does nothing good for any nation it enters, only the one selling it, i cant see the allied governments having enything to do with shipping this stuff out/home

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Either or, in my opinion. It doesn't really matter what drug it is; what does matter is that it's being exported somewhere, and our presence there is somehow enhancing the exportation of it.

Oh, and the country doing the exporting isn't the only one making a profit. The ones selling it in the other countries get a huge markup on the drugs they sell to the addicts in the area. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's all true.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The military industrial complex is NOT some conspiracy theory, it's a fact! It rakes in hundreds of Billions of £'s of taxpayers money and is a good investment for a lot of large financial institutions. If peace broke out all over, the military industrial world and the big investors would stop making obscene amounts of money. Do you really think they would be prepared to do that?

Sure the US stepped in during WWII, but that was not due to any obligation as an ally. We only recently finished paying off the lend / lease loans for their assistance, decades after the war finished. But, that's a whole different issue and best left for another discussion.

TB, you make a very good point about the drugs. It's almost like the troops are there protecting an investment, as is the case in Colombia too. Big money to be made and it's highly likely there are government departments involved. Or rather, there are groups within government departments who are involved. All that money is going to attract the same flies

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Spoken like a true half wit...

"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed," said President George W. Bush in a Thursday video conference.

Well he had his big chance in the Vietnam War, but daddy got him a nice safe job in the Air National Guard and he was so pissed he couldn't even turn up for duty there.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

TB, you make a very good point about the drugs. It's almost like the troops are there protecting an investment, as is the case in Colombia too. Big money to be made and it's highly likely there are government departments involved. Or rather, there are groups within government departments who are involved. All that money is going to attract the same flies

i can see conspiracy theorists trying to link the fact that afghanistan has drugs/heroin to controll and iraq & iran oil, plus columbia for its cocain, cia planes etc
but if indeed wot you say is true about this money monsta industial millitary complex, thay would just be perks compared to the cash from the millitary complex takes, but i realy do think its just down to more simple things and polatics otherwise we really do live in a screwed up world with some gready basta*d's

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Can I throw up now?

That evil little ferret makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just based on the source, I'm calling BS on this one. I don't believe he actually said it, otherwise, it would be all over the US news and the fact is, the Iranian media is hardly going to have close enough access to Bush to get any kind of off-hand comment like this on tape and be the first/only outlet airing this.

So until I see a more mainstream source, I'm not buying it. I think its a fabrication and nothing more than Iranian propoganda.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Scary... I just pictured George Bush as Fabio on one of those Romance novels.... Fabio Bush...
Sheesh!!!! *Shudder*....

added a pic link

[edit on 15-3-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Bush,

I was so glad to hear about your offer to serve on the front lines. You said you were 'envious' and would join the troops in Afghanistan if you were younger. Let me assure you that we, as Americans, do not condone age-discrimination and therefore ACCEPT your offer to serve on the front lines. In fact, we not only encourage you to fulfill this American dream...we demand that you do.

I will write my son in the Middle East today and let him know that you will be joining him on the front lines. He and the thousands of young men and women will welcome you with "open arms." Now, now, don't let what you've heard about the risk of friendly fire concern you. After all, our soldiers and sailors say the War in Iraq has become about just taking care of the guy next to you. Especially since we didn't find any of those weapons of mass destruction as you promised nor was Saddam linked to Al-Qaeda. But, of course, you already knew that.

So in summary....yes, Mr. Bush, (I would refer to you as President, but that would in someway acknowledge the stolen elections as legitimate in 2000 and 2004) your offer is formally accepted and now expected. You may have to bone up a bit on your combat training but just know that America will be here for you when you return as a veteran of a foreign war with all the physical, mental, and emotional support you will probably need. I'm sure the rumors of PTSD and troop suicide are completely fabricated. Depleted Uranium is also a myth so no worries.

Offer accepted. Please report for basic re-training on March 21, 2008. Of course, if you cannot make it, please know that the U.S. does not take a kind view on desertion and it is punishable by death. All the best and we will be sure that Americans send care packages and write often.

Again...offer accepted. You will be a needed addition to our worn down troops. Welcome aboard soldier. Take pride in knowing that your country does have a need for you after all. And, again, thank you for volunteering to serve.

Mothers of American Soldiers and Sailors

[edit on 15-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well why doesn't somebody tie this mealy mouthed Puke to the front of a hummer so he can see the IEDs up close without proper armor.

Bush is proof positive Coke Head punks just get dumber with age. Say no to drugs.

He asked for it, they should let him try. Send my family home first though. Don't want him mucking things up for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
o those mushrooms i hear that are growing around the White House may be true....?

WHO the @#$% is he kidding?
He didnt even go to bat when he supposedly was IN THE SERVICE!!!!

He thinks he is the hero in a novel and his long flowing hair is blowing in the wind as he stands as commander in thief in the White House lawn?

What???

You guys have got to stop giving me weird photoshop ideas LOL!

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Question]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Question]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks," continued the 61-year-old Bush.

Can anyone even describe how heinous these words are coming from the Bush. Who knows, maybe some people agree with him.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Although they're obviously just a part of the corporate MSM lie mongers, how about Reuters:

"I must say, I'm a little envious," Bush said. "If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed."

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks," Bush said.
Source | Reuters |Bush says if younger, he would work in Afghanistan

Or, along the same line, news.com.au, which of course referenced the Reuters article for it's report:

US President George W. Bush has said he would love to fight in Afghanistan if he was younger.

President Bush suggested fighting on the frontline was "romantic" during a video conference with US military and civilian personnel in the war-torn country.

"I must say, I'm a little envious," he said.

"If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."
Source | news.com.au | Bush wants 'romance' of fighting on front line

You know, when I have doubts about a report I spend a few minutes engaging a search engine and educating myself rather than embracing ignorance.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

I've never been to a war per say....But I have been in situations that look like war. And even that isn't what I would call romantic. I'd be envious of the man who wasn't there.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You guys realize what .ir is, don't you?

You realize you're looking at a news source that's from Iran?

reply to post by goosdawg

I couldn't find it in a google search. How did you?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Johnmike]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join