It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

1 Corinthians 1:24-26

24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

“And it shall return to you for a testimony. Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand what you shall answer. For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” — Luke 21:13-15

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

lol

Love the thread title...

Made me lol before I even read the post.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So you get all those stars for calling everyone dumb? :bash:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
No. I think I got all those stars because some people didn't take my post literally and understood its tongue-in-cheek nature. I've already defended what I said and further elaborated on what I meant...and I also understand that the OP was done in an improper manner. I think you just saw how long the thread was and didn't bother to really read it.

Can we stop yet? If you want to tell me how dumb, and/or arrogant, and/or immature I am, please do so in a U2U.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Good luck on getting it stopped.
You angered them.
Most don't really read past the titles on posts I think. (yes this time around I was sorta guilty of it *punches self in face*)

Might as well just let them vent their fury at you and ignore them.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion
Nuts to warnings and all that...I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read. I really can't believe the idiocy that I see on here...it's astounding. Most everyone on here should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't give a [snip] what the Mods or the Posters think about my point of view.

Oh no! Not my ATS points!

Mod Edit: please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 15/3/08 by JAK]

ROFL.

I'd high five you if I could. I just wrote something similar, longer, and slightly less direct. I didn't even know there was a RANT section until my thread got moved here. I bursted out laughing when I read the title of your thread, because it was exactly what I was thinking as I wrote mine.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
now, lets have a poll, who thinks they are in the ten percent of educated, and who thinks they in the 90 percent ignorants. Who wants to bet that its reversed almost to the button..prooving something to certain posters here that would make them think a little deeper...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm a dumb bastard. I've just wasted my time reading this thread. :bash:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It seems like you want us to believe that everyone on this website doesn't deserve to share their opinions with the world. Don't treat most (or all) of the members of this website as if we're lacking more knowledge than you.

We're here to learn, not fight.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes, I consider myself not on the bright side but, I also like to read about other people's opinions!
I thiink many of the members are alot smarter than I on this site though!
...so, I would say no to you, and the thought that everyone is just plain dumb!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
*******PLEASE READ ME*********

Everyone is stupid to someone.
Everyone is smart to someone.
Everyone is beautiful to someone.
Everyone is ugly to someone.
Everyone is a zealot to someone.
Everyone is a free thinker to someone.
Everyone is wild to someone.
Everyone is controlled to someone.
Everyone is a DIFFERENT something to everyone.

We are all walking contradictions in what others think we are if we piled up all those views and looked at them.
Can't you guys just lay off him?
He didn't mean it as you took it.
No need to defend yourself. Calm down.

But you have to ask yourself as I had to ask myself.

Why in the heck did I let this silly thread get to me to the point I felt the need to defend myself so strongly?

Are you fighting your own inner self doubts or him?
I lean strongly towards the first one.
You can't defeat your demons by proxy.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Whereas I am ammicable to your analysis, I also must say that to me no one is different to anyone. All I see are similarities. Everyone is similar to everyone else. My brain is evolving to a place where I can seriously no longer see differences, even if I attempt to force myself to that point.

For example: "Everyone is a DIFFERENT something to everyone." Would mean that we are all the same if this is true for everyone. Conclusion, we're all the same, and moreon:

"Everyone is a SAME something to everyone." Would also mean that we are all similar. And after combining the top two together I'd equate that Everyone is the SAME everything to everyone, even if that same everything is what you may call or perceive as DIFFERENT.

I did give you a star. Good insight.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

My what an ego you have grandma!
Need to deflate your head there skippy.
Haven't heard such a load of pseudo-intellectual bull fluff in a while.

Evolving huh? LoL!! Thats a stretch, considering I can see the BS mental gymnastics that lead you to your rather sad and self-rightously silly response.
Alone a lot aren't you?

But it was worth the brief un-ignore for the laugh it gave me.

Good day.
*Clicks the ignore button again*

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Speaking of egos, maybe if you got out of yours for long enough you wouldn't take things so negatively, just a suggestion. Evolve has many different applications to choose from, it's obvious that you allow me to make you feel belittled by choosing to place us in an intellectual battle. The word evolve in no way suggests ego, it could simply be an earnest statement, but your perception of me and yourself is evident at the advent of your revealed defense. See esp. Current Mood: SickofHumanity. I just thought I'd let you know that people are like books to me and I read them for fun. Anyway, enjoy your inflation, sir. Your post was almost not worth a reply, but I didn't give it some thought and decided to anyway.
Sorry all mighty one, you are the king, I shall never again refer to myself as evolved or evolving for it hurts your inner status. And for the record: No, I am not alone much, in fact I am surrounded by people all day long. Perhaps you're projecting your own situation or making assumptions... those pesky little things that mean nothing and that I could care less about. Anyway, I think the O.P. has his evidence now.

Have a ____ day wrath. (scared to put the wrong word in there, might make my ego show) I still think it was a nice post, I'm sorry that you couldn't handle my input or that it scares you to think in such a way, whatever your dilemna is.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion
Nuts to warnings and all that...I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read. I really can't believe the idiocy that I see on here...it's astounding.

en.wikipedia.org...

An Internet troll,[] is someone who posts [] usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online []discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Some in print but unbelievable research for you from an uneducated ATS retard scholar/writer.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Ok. Seeing as to how I didn't give you a fair shake much less explain my laughter at what I see to be your presumption (and impressive in a sad way ego)I will offer you an indepth analysis into what I read from your post.

Perhaps I missintepreted you, but I think that highly unlikely given past encounters with you.

Whereas I am ammicable to your analysis, I also must say that to me no one is different to anyone. All I see are similarities. Everyone is similar to everyone else.

In this I see that from square one completely miss the point of my post.
Which I will explain now.
I was not commenting on how everyone is different.
I was commenting that everyone is different things to different people.
Usually quite contridictory to each person.
Real life case in point. A particularly annoying member (to me) that was recently banned.
I found her to be largely a childish banshee.
Others saw other things in her that leave me scratching my head and wondering what they were on.
I don't pretend that I am right.
Perhaps I missed something but she was undeniably different things to different people.

All I see are similarities. Everyone is similar to everyone else.

If you seek to over simplify yes. I can see where you would come to that point.
But that again is not what I was talking about.
I was talking about the impressions others have of us and how they are almost inevitably different and unspokenly about how you can't be all good things to everyone.
Everyone's perception is different, some are simular yes, but still different even if its a simple matter of how they came to that perception.

My brain is evolving to a place where I can seriously no longer see differences, even if I attempt to force myself to that point.

In this sentence I see pure ego and calling your failure perfection.
In this sentence you claim to have advanced, even when you seem to have completely missed the point of my post and twisted it into something else that I can only guess at.

For example: "Everyone is a DIFFERENT something to everyone." Would mean that we are all the same if this is true for everyone. Conclusion, we're all the same, and moreon:
"Everyone is a SAME something to everyone." Would also mean that we are all similar. And after combining the top two together I'd equate that Everyone is the SAME everything to everyone, even if that same everything is what you may call or perceive as DIFFERENT.

Huh??????
I can see how you came up with this. In a weird sort of mindframe that largely has no bearing with reality.
Or maybe your just guilty of oversimplification which is my theory.
Saying everyone is different does NOT equal saying everyone is the same. Sure it uses the same word. But the spirit of the word is something vastly different.
A great many things are "different".
Can someone be fat and anorexic at the same time?
Soaking wet and bone dry at the same time?
Can something be safe to eat yet deadly at the same time?
Kind of like that.
Needless to say I find what you wrote to be little more than twisted logic.
What is different to me will not be different to you and etc and so forth.
Thusly NOT the same.

Can you grasp what I am saying here?

I did give you a star. Good insight.

Thank you. I have been accused of having good insight before.
Most the time I think I am just a loud mouth over analysing baffoon.
Honestly.

In conclusion:
I dislike you. I make no bones about it.
I have seen you make such egocentric statements (multiple times) as:

"You think that is why your doing something. But your wrong."

There is an implied superiority there with very little in the way of proof of that superiority that sets my teeth on edge.
As well as quasi-claims of psychic ability or something as if based off of one statement you know someones motivations.

And that is not withstanding the times I have seen you wantonly misintepret every statement that you did not like.
Twisting statements of one kind into its opposite.
Usually semanticly and ignore the spirit in which those words are meant as if doing such is a sign of great intellect.
Which I find to be the exact opposite of intellect.

Or my particular favorite "You think your right but your wrong." with the implied "And I'm right." with no evidence to support your claim other than the semantic twisting I mentioned above.

Take it as you will. Perhaps you will take this as the constructive criticism is was meant to be and learn something. Though I rather doubt it.
My guess is your reply if any will be yet another twisting of my meaning into a parody so that you can keep your superior view of yourself (unwarrented).
But I have been wrong before and people have shocked me before.
*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I understood your post and I understand your character and your position and I'll leave it at that.

I don't see anymore that needs to be said. We had some encounter in the past that made you keep a grudge against me and now you assume that I am out to get people, maybe that was only a misunderstanding in the first place. Anyhow, have a good day and as for the past, if an apology helps, I'm sorry for any inconvenience that I may have bestowed upon you (I'm fairly harmless so I don't know how or when this could have come about). They're just words... only words... and all I want is the whole truth about them, because their onliness explains everything. That's my story.

Have a good day master
(sarcasm, don't kill me with a patronizing knife)

(Btw, I could have replied to your above post, but I don't think you would have understood my evolved response
, it may have angered you that I don't wish to argue or call people names in a demeaning manner)

I do see your perspective and where you're coming from. It is your perception of me that makes me who I am to you, but what I actually am to myself may not be that thing. Look a little closer, that's all I suggest before immediatly throwing me in the garbage can and turning your back.

You see, understanding one another is best for relationships and conversations. If we go solely off of what our inner "intuition" or assumptions tell us then we are no better than what we think we presume to know... and 'I'd' consider that ego.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
Ok. Seeing as to how I didn't give you a fair shake much less explain my laughter at what I see to be your presumption (and impressive in a sad way ego)I will offer you an indepth analysis into what I read from your post.

Ah heck, I'll go ahead and give this a reply.

Perhaps I missintepreted you, but I think that highly unlikely given past encounters with you.

That could be the case, but I think you'd receive a lucid answer if you asked me instead of just guessing.

In this I see that from square one completely miss the point of my post.
Which I will explain now.
I was not commenting on how everyone is different.
I was commenting that everyone is different things to different people.
Usually quite contridictory to each person.

I know that. Can you see that I said to me no one is different to anyone? That context is the same context that is explaining everyone is something different to everyone. There's no misconphrehension here. Now how can you tell me that I missed the point of your post? I didn't, I accepted it and gave you a star for it and also added my own personal input because remember, everyone is something different to everyone, so by default of your logic I am entitled to my own, but then again you also embrace contradiction so I can see how you would be hypocritically unwilling to engage in my own thought process.

I don't pretend that I am right.

You sure about that? I see at least one place where you pretend to be right, doing such would equate into an assumption. When I'm right I know I'm right, and I don't have to pretend about anything, I only tend to the correctness. Is that ego? No, that is having fact and being confident in wearing its knowledge.

I was talking about the impressions others have of us and how they are almost inevitably different and unspokenly about how you can't be all good things to everyone.

Well this is why I magnetize towards people who don't care about good and bad, rather they care about facts, logistics and mathematics. Emotions are like blinders to intellect, they taint and poison the concept. I don't really care about being "good or bad", I care about being truthful and understanding.

Everyone's perception is different, some are simular yes, but still different even if its a simple matter of how they came to that perception.

In time they won't be, and at the core they are all perceptions, the same thing. Perceptions perceiving perceptions. The universe is the same to everyone, through they may think their individual experiences are unique.

In this sentence I see pure ego and calling your failure perfection.
In this sentence you claim to have advanced, even when you seem to have completely missed the point of my post and twisted it into something else that I can only guess at.

No, you're calling it my failure. I never called it my failure. Are you pretending to be right? You know what I mean? You're putting words in my mouth now. I don't appreciate that. If it doesn't fit your idea of success it doesn't mean it fits my idea of failure. Isn't this what you were getting at? Why have you failed so miserably at your own logical values? Or is that the purpose of your post? To prove that you can contradict yourself? I am perfect, whether you consider it failure, success, good or bad, I'm eternally perfect and you can't take that away, ever. Not through your judgements, not through your emotions, not through your insenuations, because you yourself are perfect, too.

Huh??????
I can see how you came up with this. In a weird sort of mindframe that largely has no bearing with reality.

You mean your perception of reality? Honestly, what is reality? Who here has solved the universe? Using your mindframe I could say that the statement you just made is egotistical being that you now dictate reality oh mighty one.

Or maybe your just guilty of oversimplification which is my theory.
Saying everyone is different does NOT equal saying everyone is the same. Sure it uses the same word. But the spirit of the word is something vastly different.

I don't deal with theories. They are incomplete and unsure when it comes to the end of the day. You sure its not something vastly the same? Yes, saying that everyone is different is saying that everyone is the same, you're just yet to see it and maybe you'll never go there.

A great many things are "different".
Can someone be fat and anorexic at the same time?
Soaking wet and bone dry at the same time?
Can something be safe to eat yet deadly at the same time?
Kind of like that.

Sure they can. Anorexic legs and fat belly. Soaking wet pants and bone dry shirt. Blowfish - sure you can eat it but it might kill you.
Yeah, kind of like that.
Okay, seriously. But the judgements you're now making are based in contradicting specifics and regulated time frames, or still time frames. So I concur. No, someone can not be fat and anorexic at the same time, but I never claimed that people could be simultaneously contradictive in whole, only in unwhole. So though we are different, we are all the same thing, I call that same thing the universe, energy, the eternal consciousness, even generalized logic.

Needless to say I find what you wrote to be little more than twisted logic.
What is different to me will not be different to you and etc and so forth.
Thusly NOT the same.

If we agree that we both have differences with everyone and everything else then we're the same, though our specific differences may differ, in general we are both the same experience, that which is a shared difference. We can also have differences in common.

Can you grasp what I am saying here?

Yes, sir. Do you understand me, too?

Thank you. I have been accused of having good insight before.
Most the time I think I am just a loud mouth over analysing baffoon.
Honestly.

I'd have to agree, but I'd compartmentalize you more into the great ape sub-species. I consider myself more of a chimpanzee.

In conclusion:
I dislike you. I make no bones about it.
I have seen you make such egocentric statements (multiple times) as: "You think that is why you're doing something. But you're wrong."

Many times people are wrong and they need to be or do stand corrected. I am not immuned to this process. For example, you're telling me that the way I go about things is wrong.

There is an implied superiority there with very little in the way of proof of that superiority that sets my teeth on edge.
As well as quasi-claims of psychic ability or something as if based off of one statement you know someones motivations.

I think you do the same. No, I am not "psychic" in that sense, but I have an ability to read people very easily, everyone does if they pay attention to character attire.

And that is not withstanding the times I have seen you wantonly misintepret every statement that you did not like.
Twisting statements of one kind into its opposite.
Usually semanticly and ignore the spirit in which those words are meant as if doing such is a sign of great intellect.
Which I find to be the exact opposite of intellect.

Okay. I don't recall doing this, but I'm sure there may have been times when I had misinterpretted the way someone meant something.

Take it as you will. Perhaps you will take this as the constructive criticism it was meant to be and learn something. Though I rather doubt it.
My guess is your reply if any will be yet another twisting of my meaning into a parody so that you can keep your superior view of yourself (unwarrented).
But I have been wrong before and people have shocked me before.
*shrugs*

I'm not here to impress you or to be liked by you. Learning is life.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Eh see what I get when I expect a troll to maybe not act like one.......
I get semantic gymnastics and out right hell don't know what to call it.

Guess I should have remembered the the story of the scorpion and the fox.

*lesson learned clicks the ignore button and this time leaves it*

[edit on 19-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
We are all walking contradictions in what others think we are if we piled up all those views and looked at them.
Can't you guys just lay off him?
He didn't mean it as you took it.
No need to defend yourself. Calm down. But you have to ask yourself as I had to ask myself. Why in the heck did I let this silly thread get to me to the point I felt the need to defend myself so strongly? Are you fighting your own inner self doubts or him? I lean strongly towards the first one. You can't defeat your demons by proxy.

Here's a little reminder. Maybe you forgot that you typed this or perhaps you're a living example of that individual contradiction for yourself.

You should take some of your own medicine if you can dish it out.

I think that your whole quoted text should be applied to you on the way that you treat me.

Good day, sir. I hope you get over your inner demons and fear of my intellect because whenever that day comes you'll realize that it's your intellect, too.

"Eh see what I get when I expect a troll to maybe not act like one......."

I thought you don't like to show off your superiority? ^^ I guess I'm nothing more than a measely ol' troll to you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join