It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

Originally posted by Sacreligion
I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read.

I assume of course that you place yourself under the 10% that is left in your claim.
I find that pretty arrogant if I may say so.
To me your assumption that 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read is in my eyes definitely the remark of an uneducated retard as you name it yourself.

A big site like ATS is visited by people of all levels of society, obviously most from America and a smaller part from other countries.
So you can expect all sorts of input, positive as well as negative, well-thought-out as well as thoughtless, smart as well as less smart, from educated as well as uneducated people.
Of course we aren’t all highly educated, but that doesn’t mean that someone who is less educated can’t discus on a well thought and positive way then someone who is.

I really can't believe the idiocy that I see on here...it's astounding.
Most everyone on here should be ashamed of themselves.

Are you not ashamed of yourself?

and I don't give a [snip] what the Mods or the Posters think about my point of view.

Oh no! Not my ATS points!

Is this not exactly a clear example of the idiocy you claim to see on ATS, because that is definitely a remark of an uneducated retard as you name it yourself.

[edit on 15/3/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Not sure, let search for some statistics and see. My last google showed that the average human has one testicle, one ovary and less than two legs. teh intarwebz FTW!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Pretty simple solution for ya. If you don't like it, then don't stay around. Go do something else. Why don't you start your own site if you are so much smarter than everyone else? It irks me when people think they are so much smarter than everyone else. throwing out numbers like 90%. where did you get that number? Did you do a scholarly study? Do you have proof of your theory? No. So don't make accusations that you cannot uphold. You sound like a very troubled individual who has the tendency to possibly lose it someday and do something that you might regret.

Thank god this thread got moved.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

who you calling Dumb

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well from my personal experiences, I have found there are quite a few very intelligent people here. I do think those intelligent individuals sometimes get eclipsed by others who believe their intelligence is directly proportional to how loud they speak.

I've found some people come here with misconceptions due to a lack of understanding of science and they typically fall into one of two categories:
1. Those who lack an understanding in a particular subject but wish to learn the truth, whatever it may be and are completely open to the experience.
2. Those who lack an understanding in a particular subject and refuse to learn since they have cemented their belief system to the point they are unable to change their point of view regardless of any amount of evidence presented to them.

My favorite example is the 9/11 hologram idea. Some people believe that no planes hit the WTC towers but were in actuality holograms. Their belief is is not rooted in any type of science so when you explain to them scientific principles related to optics, lasers and holographic technology, they simply dismiss you as someone who is part of the conspiracy.

In conclusion, I believe we have an intelligent community but with some stragglers and with a ratio just like anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by grimreaper797

As a reminder, the title of this thread is: "Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?"

Judging from your posts, I am concerned you think it might be: "Is everyone uptight as hell?" or "mean as hell" or "rude as hell" Please try to lighten up. Maybe you should spend some time in DGTempe's "hug" post.

Oh hell - *HUG*

If I wanted to relax and just mess around I would go over into BTS, which ironically is where this thread is now. As for ATS, well I remain by my posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It's not just everyone on ATS, it's everyone in general. But I still love you all.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Answer me this.
Do you include yourself on that list?

Or do you feel that yourself and those that agree with you as the sole bastion of intelligence on here?

If that is the case I applaud the size you have managed to grow your ego to.

Sure we do have some idiots here.
And the idiots themselves will always be the last to know.
They most likely say the exact same things you do.

Might want to think about that.....................
*shakes his head*
My what fools we mortals be.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
to StoneGarden: Worcester is pronounced "Wooster." the "rce" is silent and you add an "o". I'm also proud to say that it's my hometown.

to lokey: no i'm not a harvard grad...fortunately for me i wasn't privileged enough to have that kind of money and connections. i would be a far worse person if that were true. i'll stick with worcester state college thank you very much.

to everyone who took this thread far too literally and thought i was providing accurate statistical data(and you probably didn't read everything else i responded with after that, did you?): you have proven my point. I never claimed to be a genius or anything even remotely close to that. I agree that a lot of people in the world are dumb, hence there will be a proportionate amount of people who post here that do not use their brains properly. and when i say "dumb as hell" or "retarded" it's being used as a general expression, not something to be nitpicked. yet another problem with some people on here...

how about this...post and think whatever you want, and i'll continue to debunk you if what you say is...retarded.

to the people who understood what i meant and didn't take it as cold, hard fact: thank you. you might still be dumb though. me too.

this started as a rant and an open discussion for people's opinions on the ludicrous things some people around here say and has changed into some kind of monster. let's just agree to disagree and move on.

****END OF THREAD****

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Sacreligion]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Short answer to your rather silly question, no.

Very few of us believe everything we read especially when it comes off the internet.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
it's a double-edged sword.

also, i think you missed the

****END OF THREAD****

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes Sacreligion, how do you conclude that you're in the 10% that is right ?

The whole tenor of your post is contemptuous of everyone else's opinions except your own. Maybe what really bothers you is that others don't agree and in that case then may I humbly suggest either don't participate, or grow up ?

Nuts to warnings and all that...I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read. I really can't believe the idiocy that I see on here...it's astounding. Most everyone on here should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't give a [snip] what the Mods or the Posters think about my point of view.

Oh no! Not my ATS points!

Of course there is the other possibility. There is a saying which goes like this.

When you argue with a fool, there are actually two fools.

I leave you to ponder which one applies to you sacreligion, because I am out of here. It isn't worth another single neuron of my time and energy.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Part of "Denying Ignorance" is allowing the free speech of all members and their ideas to be put out there for the feedback of other members. While some posts may seem ridiculous , those people are denying ignorance by learning just like all of us.No one knows everything there is to know. I learn something new every day I come here. We all come here to learn and teach and share with one another.
It does not take new members long to learn how to use a "shovel" when reading some threads and for the most part it seems to be the die hard tried and true intellectuals that remain here. This site is well represented with highly knowledgeable people. I have not found a better site anywhere.
I have been here exactly one year today..and I went from posting a thread like this...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

To posting this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I LEARNED! So can everyone else if they are truly willing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

it's a double-edged sword.

also, i think you missed the

****END OF THREAD****

did i not mention earlier in the post that you would be in for more than you could take? Why dont you just apologise liek i had advised?
All thats happening now is the lashback, from the many people that disagree with you on how you stated your information. Stating you dont care about the mods or admins, was clearly stating your stand on what you said, no misinterpretations, just you trying to avoid the inevitable onslaught of mad people.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

In conclusion, almost every human being on planet Earth is completely retarded, including almost everyone on this website. Does anyone agree with me?

I agree with you! *drools*. Is this why you persue the ATS avenue as well? We're all retards and we're all ignorant! I do agree! I think I finally found a God damned friend!

Ignoramus of habitual Humanity everywhere! Everywhere! No one understands anything! Existence is a logical mess! I blame the universe for my meek intelligence. I need a brain implant.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Actually to me you seem like the dumb one. There is a difference between being dumb and being paranoid.

How dare you come on here and call 90% uneducated. who do you think you are honestly.

I think that is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We are Not DUMB Really (^^,) It is Like we are all unique and many differences but I can assure you and tell to all we have many things in common
under the Sun and Moon and into the eyes of GOD ALMIGHTY.

I'm A Truth Seeker Inner Core and Outer Core We can Find A Gold Elements On A Rusted Metal

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ah geeezzzz....This is why I have all these issues with my level of self esteem.
Somebody else calling me dumb. Oh well. nobody is forcing anybody to believe anything here. if you don't like any particular thread, including this one, well, that's why they made the ignore button. But i don't use it because even those who choose to live in ignorance will occasionally say something of worth, or at the very least we can appreciate the value of what others are saying when we can compare a positive thoughtful response to an ignorant diatribe. just me 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wouldnt say that 90% or stupid, i would say 90% are arrogant, know one lil fact and thats it, they know it all. It really anoying.

Fox

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Whats really interesting is how people who are into all this conspiracy- and UFO stuff are the type of people who think they are smarter than 90% of the world. They believe everyone is a dumbass brainwashed idiot. So...welcome to the club. We all agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join