It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is being bombed!- "bomb slams into Tulsa apartment complex"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Just kidding, its just probably the fatigue of the worn down crews;

"Federal authorities are investigating why a dummy bomb traveling about 600 mph crashed into a building at a Tulsa apartment complex Thursday evening."
The news comes to us from the Tulsa World, which reports that a military pilot thought he or she had dropped the 25-pound "inert military ordnance" over Kansas. In fact, it hit a densely populated area in Oklahoma.
"Two or three feet over and it would have actually entered apartments," police Capt. Rick Helberg tells KTUL-TV.
KSBI-TV has a photo of the device, which has been identified as a BDU-33.

blogs.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It happens occasionally. Inadvertent release. We had a Hornet drop an AIM-7 CATM on a Land Cruiser during exercises in Darwin. I'll see if I can find the article. Toyota used it as part of their "Unbreakable" marketing campaign, saying something like "Yeah, we lied, but it takes something special to break a Land Cruiser!"

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here we go:

Link

And more with pictures this time. About 2/3 of the way down the link:

Link with pics

Edit: Added second link

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Willard856]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, this is my first post on here, but I have read many different articles. I was curious about the view points on what happened, and I see it did raise eye brows. Good.

Now, for my personal point of view: I do NOT think this was an accident. Call me anything you like, but I think this NEEDS to be questioned.

I work only 2 miles from this apartment complex. 51st & Lewis is NOT a dark area, and could be seen very well from the sky as being a populated area. I read many different articles on this incident, including the one posted. It even received attention in Israel.

The pilot claimed he, "thought he was over a field in Kansas", and then later, "Was unaware the bomb had even been dropped". C'mon... we can not fall for this.

In my personal opinion, they are trying to gauge us. They wanted to see how much attention this would bring. And I think they should be highly satisfied. We asked pretty much nothing. We listened to what they said, and were satisfied.

Well, I for one am NOT! I am angry that this government thinks they can push us around, lie to us, imprison us without cause, and that we will sit quietly by and allow it. Perhaps for the most part, they are right. But I believe more and more people are waking up.

A bomb falls from a military jet and hits an apartment complex and it sinks into the black abyss of Hollywood mischief. We would rather watch American Idol then pay attention to what is happening right under our noses.

My motto: ASK QUESTIONS! DEMAND TRUTH!

-Jason

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'll bet you the people that it landed on on have some serious questions. Good grief.

"I must have taken a wrong turn at Baghdad"

Give me a break!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is less than a mile from my house.

The sirens were unreal that night and the howling coming from my living room was even worse.

I have no idea how some pilot could confuse this very populated historic area of town with a field in kansas, but it seems more likely it was accidently dropped and the pilot had no clue or didnt want to let on that he did.

I think it was ignored more because it didnt actually detonate, there was no huge explosion or injuries/fatalities

[edit on 18-3-2008 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
wow i live in tulsa and have not heard a thing about this...wierd

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
This is less than a mile from my house.

The sirens were unreal that night and the howling coming from my living room was even worse.

It was a little scary before the actual details came out, but as scary as a bomb in the bathroom would be this could have been much worse!

They were talking about it on the news that morning (obviously) on KFAQ, and the guy said, "We could ask why they were flying over our heads with a missile but we won't."

I think that is the perfect question.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dylant93

Hi fellow tulsans....i thought there must be a few of us around here.

it was front page news for a couple of days, where ya been?? lol

[edit on 18-3-2008 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

It wasnt an actual missile though it was a dummy, used for practice without the explosion.
Either way it sucks, but I think people would be much more up in arms if it had been an actual bomb with explosives etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I actually work really late for Pepsi, so I was unaware of it until I got home and dared to watch some MSM. And then went from tired to completely angry in a few seconds. I posted several blogs and bulletins on other pages, but for the most part I receive, "You're just a paranoid conspiracy theorist" comments. I should start nodding and say, "Thank you... yes I am awake"

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He didn't "confuse" anything. He pressed the button to drop the bomb over the bomb range, and the bomb didn't separate. I have sat on the runway waiting to recover B-52 parachutes staring nose to nose with a Harpoon missile that the pilot pushed the button to launch, and it never launched. In this particular case, it separated from the aircraft later in the flight. The pilot didn't see that the "bomb" hadn't separated or he would have declared an emergency and flown a different route home.

top topics

join