It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REWARD! For Spammer Kills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"Kill A Spammer" Initiative

Washington, DC Unanimous Senate approval has brought the U.S. one step closer to placing a monetary bounty on fraudulent and nuisance emailers. The House is expected to swiftly pass a similar bill next week.

Spam now accounts for over 50% of all email, and costs the U.S. economy an estimated $250 billion each year in lost productivity. Most legislators agree a national "do not spam" list would be largely ineffective.

Fashioned after existing laws in countries like Great Britain, China and Libya, the U.S. plan allows a bounty of up to $5,000 for each confirmed spammer kill.

The FCC has is supposedly preparing a "most wanted" deck of cards depicting the 52 worst spammers, to be distributed free to professional bounty hunters or any other interested individual.

Even private citizens are taking action. The decision on June 6 by the Washington Supreme Court, upholding that state's law against deceptive spam, has energized people who practice a profitable form of e-business: suing spammers. Look at what Martin Palmer, a citizen of Washington State does, he sues spammers and says he's collected more than $13,000 from spammers in 24 small-claims court actions, all of which he's won.

Perhaps we can capitalize with a similiar approach? A great idea for a new ATS forum- Kill Spammers!

Source news.com.com...

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea to raise revenue... postings where a member can find a bounty on a spammer, go collect the fee, keep some for themselves and donate a finder's fee to ATS.

Plus, it sounds all cool and dangerous.

DE

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was disappointed to find out it didn't actually involve the spilling of their vile blood

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So what are we supposed to do. Track down known spammers and how exactly would you go by sueing them. Although it would be nice to have the money for myself i would donate most of the money to ATS.com.

The more money they have the more webspace and bandwidth they could have.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hehe, wheres theys deck of cards??

and what they mean "kill a spammer"??

get there IP address and kill there server???

theyll be going thro so many proxies that youll end up going around the world 10times before you get close

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hell, tracking down an evasive IP is easier than finding a physical human...

The pay's not bad, and it wouldn't take much more than an IP logger and a decent virus to start raking in the headcount.

Hmm... we ought to form a crack team of ATS elite to track down and neutralize these undesirables... pool half the income, and donate the rest to ATS.

I'll provide weaponry if one of you has a car...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
Hell, tracking down an evasive IP is easier than finding a physical human...

The pay's not bad, and it wouldn't take much more than an IP logger and a decent virus to start raking in the headcount.

Hmm... we ought to form a crack team of ATS elite to track down and neutralize these undesirables... pool half the income, and donate the rest to ATS.

Lol... my thought exactly- a constructive revenue generator for ATS !

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer

we could always use this old truck in my backyard.

I just need a mechanic..... Anyone good at putting together vehicles???

for weapons we could always go and raid the towns trees for sticks...We could sharpen em' and put daddy long legs venom on the end

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What am I doing wrong???
I'd say less than 5% of all my emails are SPAM? I really get very little unsolicited email

I guess I don't understand the problem and wonder if it is really as bad as claimed? Or, is it a government attempy to limit our freedoms somehow???

top topics

join