It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussles Sprouts... are you kidding me???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I was 44 before I ate a Brussles Sprout!

I had believed all my life they were awful..every kid in the history of the world hated them!

I tried them reluctantly because they were the house side dish for an entr'e of New Zealand rack of Lamb that I really wanted (no substitutions)

I fell in love with Brussles Sprouts. I now eat 30-40 / week!!!

The lamb was OK.

So what foods have you all come around to after many years of avoidance?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
For me it was mushrooms, I would never touch them .. i kind thought little bugs lived in that black bit and it made me sick at the thoought,

I then was in a cafe, i was about 18 and there was mushrooms on the plate along with bacon, As someone else had payed for it.. I felt i coould not be rude and leave them so i bit in to one,

And low and behold! I loved it! And i now love mushrooms! I eat tehm where ever i can lol

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RGReventlov

Brussel Sprouts are the food stuffs of the gods and I respect your new found appreciation.

It's because of their green leafy goodness that genius' like you and I can post profound nuggets here on BTS. Shilom :w:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Brussel Sprouts were one of mine too! Never tried them until I was in my late 20'. Asparagus, which is now my absolute favorite veggie now. Onions...who knew how much better everything tasted with onions in it! I could just sit there and eat fried onions with nothing else on them.

I'm still trying to get up the nerve to try seafood....it just smells so horrible to me

Michelle

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RGReventlov

Little lettuce balls (or so I thought when I was a kids) how can
you not love them all buttered up. lol

I used to hate onions as a kid and I can't even tell you when
but one day I just loved them. I'm sure it's due to Vidalia Sweet
onions, I'm still not a big fan of the spanish or red onions.
Too overpowering for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sprouts are one of my mortal enemies!

Though I do have a similar tale regarding bacon, I'd never eaten it until earlier this year believing I didn't like it, then when I was forced to eat it cooked in cider one time while stranded in a caravan for a week with my friends I thought it was damn delicious!

Now I eat so much bacon I'll probably die before I'm 20 of some massive heart problem!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

It took me a while, before I liked brussel sprouts alot.

They are soooooooooo good in beef soups!

Btw? Everytime I see your avy? It's pretty retarded and hillarious at the same time. Roflmaoooooo...Buddy banging away on his drum to beat the band! Luv it!!! Good stuff my friend!

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Artichokes. bleh...

As a kid from the Our Gang comedies said once "They might choke Arti, but they ain't gonna choke me".

But then...

I ate a freshly steamed one, with an olive oil dressing. yikes! I love those things now. But only once or twice a year, because they are outrageously priced otherwise.

Pork chops: horrible
But the truth was that my mother was taught to cook them into shoe leather, out of fear of parasites.. Breaded, Fried, and tougher than jerky.

I love them now..

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Pork chops: horrible
But the truth was that my mother was taught to cook them into shoe leather, out of fear of parasites.. Breaded, Fried, and tougher than jerky.

I love them now..

Speaking of? As a matter of fact, I JUST put a few pork culets into the oven. What a lovely smack-watering-coating they have on them....(pulling a homer simpson drool...gachhhhhhhhhhhh...) I made some veryyy creammmy smashed potatoes, and the veggies on the side: sweet peas and french cut green beans!

Btw? I don't over-cook the pork, til it's like bootleather. It's cooked to proper standards, and is soooooooo juicy.....(there goes the drool again).

luv ~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

join