It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Experience -- What happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post this, but trying to figure out what exactly happened last night.

So it was 3:00 AM when I started to go to bed, my fan was on, alarm was set and my cell phone was on its highest ringer. After turning the fan off and checking everything (Especially my alarm clock since I didn't want to miss class) I went to bed curled up as usual (Its key to how the rest of this plays in to the "experience."

While trying to fall asleep, I heard a loud buzzing sound "in or around(?)" my ear once, and then felt my right leg tense up. This is when I got up and turned off the fan originally and went back to bed, same position and everything. I then heard the same noise again "In and around" my ear and soon fell asleep soon after I believe. Now comes the strange part as I don't ever recall getting up to do anything that morning.

When I woke up it was 12:46, and my class started at 11. There was no way for me to drive 30 minutes across town to make it, I wasn't sure why I had awakened so late but I got up to check my clock. What I found kind of shocked me at first, when I saw that both my alarms were off. The next thing I found was that I had a soar throat and was coughing/sneezing and didn't realize at first that the fan had been turned back on. (On the highest setting nonetheless which it was on the night before, before I turned it off.)

I soon went to check my cell phone and found out that it had been put on vibrate instead of on the level 8 ringer that I usually leave it on. I mean at first sure I could have jumped to ETs and all that, but I thought it might have been me sleep walking even though I've never done it in the past according to parents and siblings. And with my door locked already, nobody could come in. Another funny thing I noticed was my laptop was acting rather..."glitchy" being sluggish, unresponsive and generally all around ticking me off (:p). I know there may already be an explanation for this since it has Vista, but having 2 GB Ram. and 160 GB of memory, it never had such problems before. (There were no updates last night or today.)

So, I'm still not sure what happened but it felt like every electronic in my room was hit or something was my first thought. Then I remembered that my clock would have been blinking if that were true, and the fan wouldn't have been on. So I'm wondering what exactly happened between 3:00 AM to 12:46 PM? Also I'll try and get a clip of that sound I heard (Since I hear it all the time before I go to bed I can pick out it rather well.) Also I woke up in the same position that I went to bed in, which kind of lowers the rate in which I might have awoken and turned off/on everything, but I'm just not sure yet.

Edit --
Forgot to add, the first time I heard that buzzing sound I say what appeared to be an ET. I guess people call them Greys or what not.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Leviatano]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi,

This sound you heard, was it a buzzing? Almost like low frequency feedback? If so, this could be the start of an OBE, I get them from time to time, as well as a rapid vibration thoughout my body.

Mostly I hear this right before I fall asleep on nights when I'm under stress.

As far as the resetting of the alarms and the fan. This might be sleepwalking, this could happen if you're under stress as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maligui has it right.

You were entering (or exiting) 'sleep paralysis' a scientifically documented phenomena which is ALSO connected to the out of body experience -

We go through this process every night while falling asleep, we just aren't conscious of it. Sometimes though, you are conscious while your body begans to fall asleep, and you experience it.

Now, if you're like me, you can accept both the scientific and the spiritual explanation. But you have to decide for yourself if you can accept spiritual explanations.

Your energy body (or soul) was getting ready to 'leave' your physical body and recharge itself. We do this every night while sleeping... and if you are conscious while the process is happening, you feel intense vibrations and can even hear them. Your physical body becomes 'paralyzed' as it goes to sleep, and you can feel this as well.

I've had such experiences. I once 'awoke' in sleep paralysis and felt immense vibrations, a kind of roaring sound like a waterfall and I saw visions of flame before my eyes. It freaked me out, even though I knew what it was.

About your clock and computer acting strange
Who knows. We live in an electromagnetic reality - for all I know, something might have washed over your area causing your sleep paralysis and affecting your electronics. But science will never investigate such matters.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi Leviatano,

It sounds possible you may have been abducted and your memory of the event removed, at least mostly, since you say you saw a Grey?
Maybe you can expand on that a little bit more?

I hate to ask personal questions, but judging from your avatar you are female. Are you on, or about to have your period? Have you missed any, or believed yourself to be pregnant? Do you have any rare genetics? Please don't feel obliged to answer any of those questions. I feel rude for asking them, but I am just trying to find out if there's anything that might have made you a target.

You mentioned a buzzing noise, was this accompanied by any type of pain or paralysis? Do you remember any bright lights?

Has anything like this ever happened before? Have you had any dreams or nightmares in the run up to this?

Of course, it's entirely possible there's another explanation, such as sleep walking.

Well if you choose not to answer my questions, I totally understand.

I hope you can figure this out and it's just something mundane.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Going to try and answer most of the question in a single or double post. =/

Reply to: Maligui, and NewWorldOver:
I don't think it was sleep paralysis and the only reason as to why is because the first time I heard that noise, I figured out that the fan was on. (The buzzing noise...I'm still trying to find or perhaps produce it on a type of software. Its kind of hard to explain, but its not like a beep, but sounds almost...harmonious? for lack of a better word. Everytime I hear it for some reason it either A.) Wakes me up or B.) Increases my heart rate and causes me fright from time to time.

The last time I heard the buzzing noise was a few days ago, the first time I heard it I was going on 2 hours of sleep trying my best to stay awake. One minute I hear the noise, my heart starts racing and I fell out of the bed. Next thing I know I'm awake, still on the floor. I just chalked it up to being sleepy. Don't think its an Oncoming OOBE, if so its a different experience from the ones I have had in the past. But I do remember those vibrations and they are nice.

Reply to Mr. Dead
Well my memory of it isn't to hazy, and if I can find the time I can draw out the alien(s) I saw. Since the second buzzing noise produced an sight of at least 2-3 of them. (Thought it was my A.D.D mind going wild since I generally use it to think up new artwork portraits). Though overtime like last nights sleep, everything was fine. Yet I dreamed (or thought I did) I was on a table being abducted, but again I thought it was just my A.D.H.D mind playing with me.

From my avatar, nope. Its just these past few months as I was in production of the avatar. Finding a Pic worth getting and enhancing it in photoshop, an idea came across my mind about gender in general. (Not sure where it came from, but weird nonetheless) I don't know why but I feel that there are 6 genders instead of the 2 we commonly see as male and female. Also had a dream last night about that which just really makes me wonder about it. So I don't think I can answer any of the questions.

I don't really recall any lights, but remember sensations as its all been heightened after hearing that buzzing sound. For example I picked up a bag of chips and could taste them without even opening the bag. Hearing has increased even though I have the volume of my music turned up a bit loud (Trance is best played loud
). Overall whenever I hear the buzzing sound in my ear (Which sounds like its vibrating through my skull) nothing comes after except sleeping, and thats usually strange since on averge it has always aken me at least 40 minutes up to 1 hour and 30 minutes or so to get to sleep while just lying in bed.

The only dream or nightmare I can recall was a moment of bliss I guess you can say. I was thinking on philosophical questions until I just stopped thinking and found myself stranded in the vastness of the universe. This dream and the one from last night have been the only ones I can recall. As I usually don't remember them. Also I've been trying to figure out what is up with the clock. Since its against the wall and my bed as 3 ft from the wall it would give me little space without bumping into something.

I'll probably have to ask around the neighborhood if anything happened between that time. Since its a rather small neighborhood near a farmland, everyone is usually up at or a little before the crack of dawn.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

UMMM, STRANGE COINCIDENCE?????!!!!!!!

That exact same night......

I turned my computer off before I went to bed (for this I am 100% sure)

I even saw the red light on the motherboard telling me the power is off to the computer.

Now it takes me a good 30 mins to fall asleep. I remember thinking it would be easier to fall asleep if I had some white noise; a fan or anything like that. But I had no fan, so I just fell asleep the normal way.

I awoke to find my computer had been turned on....(with the computer fans generating white noise)

Now this isn't something you can do in the dark, or even if I was sleep walking (which I've never done) I wouldn't be able to find the on button as its located in a hard to reach, move something out of the way kinda spot.

My computer is only 2 years old and I have never witnessed my computer turn itself on before, for that matter never in my life have I ever seen a computer turn itself on after a complete shutdown!

I don't know if it means anything but I wanted to share that, I got a really strange feeling reading your thread...

[edit on 15-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It would be very interesting to see your sketch of the grays Leviatano, if you wanted to that is.

The buzzing noise, you say it makes you fall asleep, and along with the acting up of your electronics and the abduction dream points towards it not being a dream but possibly an unsuccessfully erased memory.

Is this a common occurrence - the buzzing + sleep, or a relatively new one? Do you ever remember it from childhood?

Doing a little legwork and asking around does sound like a good idea too. People might be apprehensive to talk about it, but maybe someone else has had a similar experience to you around there or seen something?

Your moment of bliss may be a meditative state, with your brain in the theta state. Perhaps your line of thinking led you to be able to clear your mind and have some inner peace?

Just throwing ideas at you.

I guess you have to confirm it for yourself, but I think you were abducted, possibly more than once or twice if the buzzing makes you fall asleep.
Maybe you can keep a dream diary? Keep the entrances to your house locked and shaded when you sleep.

I don't know how far you want to pursue this line of thinking, if you need answers, or you just accept it for what it is, but the grays don't have your best interests at heart.

Good luck. If you do need help I'll do my best to in whatever way I can.
I hope they leave you be.

~~ Edit to ask also: ~~

Have you noticed any strange marks on your body?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by MrDead]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I can't help but think the sound I hear sounded similar to white noise, if you take out the grainy sound you usually hear. Replacing it all one just one tone instead of that "static."

That sounds strangely familiar to how my pc acted a few times, one moment it was on the next moment it completely restarted itself and showed I had mail. (even though I wasn't logged on.) Very interesting story, and makes me wonder if something electrical is happening about the globe. At least it puts my mind at ease to hear another story that's similar.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I too have had the buzzing feeling, in my case it was sleep paralysis, but i'm not scratching that off as a little thing....

it's a bizarre experience, that has happened a few times... where i seem awake, but my body is asleep.... then i see and hear strange, strange things....

Feels like I'm halfway between two expeiences...

The buzzing sound is alsmost like electric for me, really loud and sometimes invasive... my senses seem amplified (esp my hearing) and sometimes overlaps with hallucinations/dreams or whatever they are...

But i've seen an evil black entity whilst in this state and felt like it was an invader and was 'taking' energy not just from me, but my room.... i don't know how i know this, but its very presence was ...... for want of a better word... bad.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDead

Producing it as soon as I wash my hands that still contain oil from the chips.
. I'll also be taking pictures of the way things were set up that night since my room never changes. I figure if I throw in some pictures it might help to evalutate if it was sleep walking or not.

Actually its really new to me and only happened after that meditative trance to be honest. As a child I never remember hearing anything of the sort, to be honest I would be able to sleep easier as a child so I don't think there would have been anytime for the noise to "produce" itself. Also I told one friend on friday about this (Just to tell him why I wasn't in class). He hasn't really stated that something messed up for him either.

I'm starting to think I was abducted (though still not jumping to it yet) since I keep feeling like I'm being "pulled" to go to sleep. And generally I hate to sleep. From time to time I've started fearing the darkness where even venturing to the basement without any lights is starting to creep me out at night. Always getting that feeling that your being watched. Also our doors are locked, and since my dad is out of town at the moment the front door is barred with a chair in front of it. Every door checked to make sure its locked and the alarm system is on.

I used to have a dream diary/tablet, but kind of stopped using it and not sure why. I'll probably pick it up again so I can get a better insight. I'll probably travel to a few houses in which I know the family, perhaps the houses next door to ours and ask them, since the parents both have college and high school kids. I know that they would have been up at that time.

As for the marks, I have I guess three I guess you could say, two marks on my chest that looked like a spot that's healing, but I've had those since...I was 12 or 14 perhaps. Then there is one on my back that spans about...1/4 or just the upper part of my back. Though that has been there since I was around 15 I suppose, mainly its supposed to be from an infection (At least that is what my doctor told me)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I know this sounds weird, but....

Feel around your entire body. Many times when people are abducted they are implanted with bio-implants. They are quite small, and are usually found just below the surface of the skin.

These will not give you a reaction as your body doesn't see this foreign matter as a threat. They sometimes produce radio frequencies and on rare occasions have even moved out of the way of scalpels.

Don't panic, you might have had an OBE and are now becoming increasingly sensitive to the astral plane.

Only 4 things really to consider here...

Alien abduction

Sleep walking

Sleep paralysis combined with an unknown electrical phenomenon

Or made up

Personally I don't think you would have any reason to lie to the ATS crowd, so I will choose to believe SP and unknown electrical phenomenon.

Interesting thread indeed!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Added a star to your post. You told your story quite well. I enjoyed reading it.

I don't know if I have much of a connection as to what happened to you but my old Gateway PC is running slower than usual today and all the desktop icons have been rearranged.

I'm courious as to if you have anything like this experience in your dream diary.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Okay have the pictures, but I see I need to do some replies first.

Reply to mr-lizard:
This black entity, did it put a red dot on your forehead? My mother apparently said she saw the same thing while visiting her mother in georiga. She soon woke up to found a physical red dot on her forehead. I'm wondering since your experience seems to bring about an extra-dimensional sort of entity. Curious to know more about it.

Reply to IMAdamnALIEN:
The only thing I can think of is a cramp in my right leg after hearing it the first time, before turning off the fan. I don't think it was an implant since leg cramps are kind of usual for most people and I just mentally and physically braced myself for a night of pain
. So far its happened twice when I heard the noise out of the 3 times that I have heard it.

The only reason I'm wondering about the idea of being more aware to the astral is because of my past history with the plane. Used to go and do stuff there every night back in high school, but soon stopped my senior year. I've also been looking into those three, and wondering quite a bit on the sleep walking. Yeah there really is no gain in making this up in my opinion. Putting such efforts into making something up could be talents that should be used on something else. Like drawing

These are the pictures of my room (Tried to get everything that might be key into figuring it out, and as well the picture is included.)

First -- The picture.
I drew it rather fast, but tried to keep some key elements into it, such as how I first saw the being. Only thing I'm not sure of is the head size, since it was more or less rushed.
-Forgot to add, around the aliens head there are supposed to be haze/fog marks. As There seem to a bit of haze or fog in the first "Sighting"
i246.photobucket.com...

Second -- Slight layout of my room.
Another picture I took to show the size of my room, and to get a general overview of how sleep walking may have affected the alarm and cellphone being changed.
i246.photobucket.com...

Third -- The Window.
I thought it might be good to take a picture of, just to see if it had any relavance to the experience.
i246.photobucket.com...

Fourth -- The Clock.
This is the clock I use to wake up on those school days
Also it just dawned on me that I need to take a picture of what the clock looks like when the alarms are set.
i246.photobucket.com...

Fifth -- The narrow passage.
This gave me reason to believe that I wouldn't walk all the way around my bed to turn off my alarm clock, if I did I would have stumbled on a pile of clothes that are generally laying near my bed. This narrow passage is about 2-3 feet wide. (If your walking heel to toe). Which makes me think if I got up I would have hit either A.) the Door, B.) The wall, or C.) The clothes hamper that was there.
i246.photobucket.com...

Sixth -- The cell phone
Just an image of my cell phone that had been switched from Level 8 ringer to Vibrate.
i246.photobucket.com...

Hope the images help get a general sense of the room and what not, if more need to be taken just ask.

Edited -- To add something to Photo One's caption.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Leviatano]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I've noticed that what appears to be this most recent flu bug does weird things......at least for me by waking up at around 2:30 am and not being able to get back to sleep. I thought I was suffocating if I was sleeping. My mother also apparently did this the other night also. You should have checked if you missed a call on your cell phone. As I said, this latest flu bug is really weird. Whether or not it's connected with aliens isn't clear. ( Like a thief in the night?)

I remember an incident a few years that appeared to involve aliens or someone like that. It's my understanding that they're looking for someone specific.

You may also have a split or alternate personality or possibly even an entity hanging around you like a guardian. I was diagnosed as having DID or alternate personalities. But from what recall; these were more like other entites that knew things similar to a savant and psychic ability. Typically, they also knew different languages such as Aramaic. Some have even mentioned about my eyes changing color or all black. This supposedly happend with people who have mental illnesses along with pupil dialation.(whatever) I also have a couple of marks on me. One is a typical scoop mark. Here's a link from Rense that shows one in the same place. Mine is on my right leg though.

www.rense.com...

I suppose these scoop marks might be to create an alternate or hybridized or "heavenly body." Possibly to replace the one you already have at some point in the future. The mark of the beast?( or DNA)

Maybe you're one of their chosen? Don't let it freak you out. And maybe it's just a new flu virus messing with our heads. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This post has been very interesting and informative. Every once in a while i'll have stuff happen into the night where I wake up but i'm not really awake, like im awake in a "dream" state if you know what i'm saying. I can't move or anything and it's a period of complete and utter silence.

I see nothing but haven't had anything like a nightmare or dream happen during that time. I've panicked a couple times and was somehow able to get myself out of it but it only lasts 30 seconds to a minute, i believe. I've worked a lot on meditation and finding my inner self so I believe this to be a mix of sleep paralysis and me somehow accessing my subconscious mind.

Thanks for all your contributions

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok, I have to post this!

OK, you need a little background for this one.

1). I consistentlyhave my alarm set to 7am. I get up between 7:30am-8am Monday-Friday for work. I 'usually' hit the snooze alarm twice. In order to set the time OR the alarm, I have to use either 2 fingers or both hands because you HAVEto push the button for the either the time or the alarm firstand thenpush the button to set to the hour or minute with either my thumb or with my other finger on my right hand.

2). The clock on our living room wall is still 1 hour behind, the clock in my car is digital and is correct.
Yesterday (3/14/08) morning it goes like this:

1. Alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button.
2). A 10 mins pass (snooze button set for 10mins), I hit the alarm off button which is to the very LEFT of the snooze.
3). I suddenly realize I'm still sleeping and sit straight up and look at the alarm clock........it reads 8:38am (it's set 10mins FAST)
4). I jump out of bed, do my normal bathroom routine (5 mins max)
5). Get dressed (5 mins)
6). Walk down the hallway, check the clock in the living room,it read 7:38am(remember, it's still set 1 hour BEHIND)
8). Jump in the car, drive to work.
9). I get to work,...........check the clock........it reads.........8am!!!! WT?????!!

I litterly stop in my tracks at my cubical, recheck the clock on the far wall in the room, it still reads.......8am! I ask my friend at work...."is the clock correct??"

FRIEND: "yes.....why"
ME: "hmmmmmmmmmm..........are you absolutely sure?
FRIEND: "hmm..." checks his cell phone and his PC clock.."yep!"

What's odd about this you ask? How could I be at work at 8am, if the clock on the wall read 7:38 if it is STILL 1 hour behind!!!! Even if it read, 8:38am... I still should have made it to work by 9am!!!

How is this possible!!!!

Originally posted by Leviatano
I wasn't going to post this, but trying to figure out what exactly happened last night.

So it was 3:00 AM when I started to go to bed, my fan was on, alarm was set and my cell phone was on its highest ringer. After turning the fan off and checking everything (Especially my alarm clock since I didn't want to miss class) I went to bed curled up as usual (Its key to how the rest of this plays in to the "experience.".....

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Reply to aleon1018:

Haven't had the flu since...well since I've had mono, and that was about when I was 15. After that I stopped wearing such heavy coats in the winter and had a hat that I modified to make it thicker. Ever since then I haven't really been plagued with colds or flus. Though I'm curious is it more like the bird flu or just regular flu? Also the only call I missed was the call a few minutes before I woke up (Was a friend asking why I wasn't in class).

Hmm, haven't been diagnosed with anything other than A.D.H.D (which is really just me not being able to pay attention to school work and such, and has nothing to do with being hyper) as well as having trouble with written expression. I probably could, but nobody here has really noticed a different side of "me" throughout the years that I've known them. I have heard a lot about entities being the "split-personality" though and could cause markings if strong enough or rather close enough to the physical plane. I've never really heard of scoop markings before till now, and its rather interesting to hear (and see) what the area
Generally some would see scratches that are either deep or not so much as.

Thanks for the info.
Though I'm hoping its not something along the lines of "Chosen" I hate publicity with a passion
. I'd rather relax on a beach or a country.

Reply thehelpguru:
Thank you for the input, perhaps you could enlighten me(us) as to these experiences.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Interesting! I wonder if this could be due to the magnet poles or something of the sort. A few of my friends have had this, but this was out in california. Also you say it happened yesterday morning? Apparently if that happened for you yesterday I wonder what else happened yesterday.

Thank you for the input
your post just raised more questions for me, if anyone else has anything else please input it. Seeing as yesterday was an interesting day for something.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I woke up like that all the time, generally it's because I don't sleep enough, I wake up still groggy, turn off my alarm and fall back to sleep, doesn't even matter where I put my alarm, across the room or on my desk. I get up, turn of the clock and get back in bed. For the most part, I never remember waking up. If you don't drink enough water before sleeping, or sleep with your mouth open your mouth'll be sore and dry.

I dunno about the noise, but it sounds like what I hear when there's no background noise, just a continuously buzzing noise, really annoying when I try to sleep.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Something strange happen to me too around 1 day after daylight savings time. I made sure I changed the time on the computer ahead 1 hour. 1 day later after using the bathroom I come back to notice my computer has shutdown into a no power condition. First thing that ran through my mind was oh great my computer blew up! All I did was power it up as usual the power switch. The time been rolled back 1 hour. I set it ahead 1 hour and it's been running fine ever since. Weird!

[edit on 15-3-2008 by sean]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join