It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboy found Hanged after Ritalin Prescription was Increased

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Schoolboy found Hanged after Ritalin Prescription was Increased

www.dailymail.co.uk

A schoolboy who was taking Ritalin has been found hanged in his bedroom.

Anthony Cole, 15, had Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and recently had his prescription for the drug increased.

Recent research claims that Ritalin, also used to combat hyperactivity in children, has led to many developing "manic and psychotic" symptoms.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Man, what in the heck is going on over in the UK with all these young kids hanging themselves?!? First we had all those teens in one community hang themselves, now this! I wonder it prescription drugs are behind every suicide?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Typically if someone legitimately has ADD/ADHD, it doesn't produce mania and psychotic thoughts. It's usually calming, for a lack of a better word. The 'speedy' affects are usually a result of a misdiagnosis... which is all too common. I also think that was most likely the case here. Granted a huge dose of any med can start to produce all sorts of wild symptoms.

ADD meds are so closely related to methamphetamines (think crystal meth) I really feel they should only be prescribed to adults (18+).

Also, taking prescription drugs while the brain is still developing is very risky.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How many so far have hung themselves in the UK?

These so called "A.D.H.D" medications are nothing more than a personality "changer" (For lack of a better word) They mess with your veins, mind, and just your overall thoughts/personality. (Depending on the person, and strength of the medication.) I can tell you from my own experience these drugs sometimes push the thoughts of suicide into your mind, making you think you have to kill yourself to be free of things and worry. Its hard sometimes to get over, finding someone to help or riding it out till the medicine has run its course.

I believe all these sort of A.D.D medications really should be...gone (Know I'm going to get flamed for that). I just don't see it as being worth it. It does combat the hyperactivity, but there are a lot of other ways I found surfing the net that also does it to. I think some vitamins help to, So if vitamins and supplements can do this, why the medication still and continue to have kids and young adults being forced to take it?

new topics

top topics

join