It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets just get this straight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Colonel: the movie was something Mel Gibson made to show poeple what really happedn to Jesus Christ
McGibb: Jesus was Not a black guy ok?
and Scat: God is the creator of EVERYTHING
k? everyone got this????

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I hear that...

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
and you know these things how, because you had a camcorder with you that day and have 12 hours a home videos labeled "the day i watched jesus get cruxcified" right next to the "day at the beach" and "halloween" home movies right?

god didnt create everything. he didnt create the words im typing or the memories i have of things that never happened. now, its selfish to say there is no higher power and that humans made it all, jeez we're not THAT good. but its also undermining to say "god" did it all. if "god" made everything, then what are you? a puppet in his giant masscarade, that human life is a game he makes up as he goes along?

i have no problem with the fact that someones god made something, maybe lit a fire, struck a match. but my friend, WE made the buildings it will burn and WE will douse the fire with our hand-made kerosone.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by Scat]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hey Scat I read the Bible. Maybe you should read it for once and find out what it says. I beleive it and always will. Thats how i know all these things.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i was raised catholic, ive read the bible too

maybe you should read days of war, nights of love

or farenheit 451

or famous pictures of naked people

they're all books, just like the bible

and literature should be treated equal, like humans huh?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
and you know these things how, because you had a camcorder with you that day and have 12 hours a home videos labeled "the day i watched jesus get cruxcified" right next to the "day at the beach" and "halloween" home movies right?

god didnt create everything. he didnt create the words im typing or the memories i have of things that never happened. now, its selfish to say there is no higher power and that humans made it all, jeez we're not THAT good. but its also undermining to say "god" did it all. if "god" made everything, then what are you? a puppet in his giant masscarade, that human life is a game he makes up as he goes along?

i have no problem with the fact that someones god made something, maybe lit a fire, struck a match. but my friend, WE made the buildings it will burn and WE will douse the fire with our hand-made kerosone.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by Scat]

Sorry, friend, but you aren't creating those thoughts of yours. They've been shaped by other thoughts, that were shaped by others', etc. I dare say there has not been an original thought in a long time. You have free will, and that was God-given, but how free is it?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
oh its free enough i'd say

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You have free will, and that was God-given, but how free is it?

Having a little free will is kinda like being a little bit pregnant aint it?

Either you have it or you dont, right?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Colonel: the movie was something Mel Gibson made to show poeple what really happedn to Jesus Christ
McGibb: Jesus was Not a black guy ok?
and Scat: God is the creator of EVERYTHING
k? everyone got this????

Nope not okay, Saying Jesus was not a black guy, is like saying, It is going to rain on 04/04/04. We can never be sure.

If God is the creator of everything, is the creator of killing, or selfishness, evil, Batman too? I don't think so.

Nice comment Amuk.

[Edited on 2/21/2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Jesus was "Mulatto". NOUN :1. A person having one white and one Black parent. 2. A person of mixed white and Black ancestry.

Remember, Mary was Jewish not Black(African). She may actually have looked more like Arabian people, making her not quite light skinned or dark skinned but more like a nice tanned skin.

Then we have God as the Father. God is Alpha-Omega which makes God everything from the Blackest of Blacks to the Whitest of Whites. In fact God would also be the Greenest of Greens, Redist of Reds and so forth to get right down to it. For simplicity we can average all that out to a nicely balanced Greyish color or something if need be.

So upon further consideration 'Mulatto' would probably also be incorrect for Jesus as well. As would 'Multi-Racial' or even 'Multi-Multi-Racial' for that matter. Jesus would have been 'Omni-Racial' by heritage really since after all he was the son of God and God does cover all infinite Racial/Color backgrounds by default.

So, with that being said I think everyone can now STOP this retarded debate over the skin tone of the Lord and Saviour once and for all in peace and with nobody establishing 'Rank' of 'Divine Heritage or Bloodline" over anyone else. This will also allow everyone to start or continue spending their time studing and thinking about what Jesus was TEACHING, or atleast trying to teach when people stopped judging his appearence and would listen for a change. * hint * hint *

Of course if this is still not good enough for some of the more superficial folks out there I suggest we pull out all the stops and get down to some real pointless and sidetracked thoughts about Jesus. After all why stop at skin color when we can also include number of freckles, moles, etc. Height, Weight or even Penis size maybe. (I am of course being sarcastic to further clearify the not so subtle point behind posting in this thread.)

top topics

join