It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Christ

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The Apostle Paul gave a clear description of the Rapture event in his letters to the Thessalonians and Corinthians.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." - 1 Thess, 4:16-18

“Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality” - 1 Cor. 15:51-53

The word “rapture” comes from Paul's "caught up" remark in verse 17. The words “caught up” are translated from the Greek word harpazo, which means "to carry off," "snatch up," or "grasp hastily." The translation from harpazo to “rapture” involved two steps: first, harpazo became the Latin word raptus; second, raptus became the English word “rapture.”

The exact timing of the rapture is unknown. When we search the Scriptures and read the passages describing the Lord Jesus' return, we find verses that tell us we won't know the day and hour of that event. Matthew 25:13 says Jesus will return at an unknown time, while Revelation 12:6 indicates that the Jews will have to wait on the Lord 1,260 days, starting when the Antichrist stands in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God (2 Thes 2:4). This event will take place at the mid-point of the seven-year tribulation (Dan 9:27).

reply to post by toasted

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

I have that sorry ass DVD from that youtube video. Mr. Bachelor has many things wrong with his interpretation. He puts his opinion on most of that stuff. I ordered the dvd because I saw the advertisement on an informercial one night. It was a piece of the research I used. Not everything he says is wrong but he's got a lot of it wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

First off, it tells of the Last Trumpet sounding before we are carried to the sky in the great Rapture. That last trumpet is the sound of the return of Christ which won't happen til the end of the tribulation. Read my thread on the truth behind the rapture here...... and take notes.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

" The word “rapture” comes from Paul's "caught up" remark in verse 17. The words “caught up” are translated from the Greek word harpazo, which means "to carry off," "snatch up," or "grasp hastily." The translation from harpazo to “rapture” involved two steps: first, harpazo became the Latin word raptus; second, raptus became the English word “rapture.” "

Well thankyou for that info, but I'm going to have to object here, because it appears to me that they are "adding to" The Word. According to the Lord,that is forbidden! You may want to call me a fanatic or a nitpicker here, but the "rapture" is still bogus to me.

I'm not rejecting the caught up part, I'm rejecting changing the words. That's a big big no-no.

After I have a good look at the verses and the context, I'll make another comment.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I see what you mean. Its not the changing of the words its the issue of translation, but meaning the exact same thing. Its like calling an automobile a vehicle or car.

reply to post by toasted

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
He is God incarnate and can't be killed. He left earth as redeemer but will return as Judge and King.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
There's two parts to the second coming. There is the in like a thief. This is the state we are at right now. Yes, you've not seen him although you think you are awake and you have eyes.

The return isn't in a hidden place. It's right there in the wide open. I guess they say that's the best place to hide something.

Don't pride yourself. You don't see him because your blind to him. Just like everyone else on the earth right now. However let it be known. HE SEES YOU.

When the second part of his second coming happens, he'll have already been here for many years unknown to all and it is this factor that makes him a great judge. When he comes in his "glory" phase, many will want to be with him, but he'll be harshly aware of how those very one's treated him when he wasn't in his glory phase.

Precisely worded explanation and I too have postulated that perhaps this would be the way although it was merely a hypothetical variation of what you have written.

Jesus is Alive and yes, where he walks amongst us I am not aware. But this process you speak of indeed makes him a great judge and somehow it makes sense.

It is that Harsh awareness, in which Jesus spoke before.

But Lord, when did we see you Hungry?
But Lord, when did we see you in prison or without cloak?

And Jesus responds:

Surely I say to you, whatsoever you do and do not do for the least of your brethren, you have done unto me.

A call to humanity

Peace

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join