It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Christ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Same question, Jesus ascended, think about this, a man suspended in the air, where can he go? What can he do? To accomplish anything, he would have to come back to earth. His friends and family couldn't levitate up to him. If Jesus can float up to heaven, then why can't man take a helicopter there? Jesus knew he was the way to Heaven, he was frustrated that no one understood the concept and the reality of the Christ being the only way to the Father. Real simple, love me and i and my Father will dwell in you, that is a literal statement. This puts them in our body as promised. With the Father and the Son present within, i think our bodies would be fairly well sanctified. Christ seemed to be speaking about a one on one situation rather than the father and son being scattered amongst millions. Father

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I think you have veered off course from mainstrean christianity.
As crazy as some of my posts are, I am probubly on the very conservative end of the spectrum.
Every church, every religion and every belief system has and had, and will have, people who think like you.
As long as you do not pose a serious threat to the establishment, you will be tolerated.
But you do not pay the proper homage to the earthly powers that be.
So, at the proper time your religion will be squashed and stomped on and erradicated.
Untill then, have a good time and develope your godlyness, or whatever.
Do not expect to be hailed by the powers of this earth.
You put no coin in the coffers of the temple.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

When this woman lowers herself in relation to the one we are idolizing (Jesus), and cleans the lowest point on his body (his feet) with things that smell pleasant, then she dries it up with the top of her head, she is symbolically doing two things to Jesus that is asinine. She created him by birth, and now worships his feet and then places him above her, yet his birth should have been the other way around.

He should be down at her feet cleaning them and washing them.

Perhaps he is! I reiterate; why would Jesus himself come down to earth again and possibly receive the same treatment? Why not switch it up anyway?

I said in my previous post that perhaps we need to look at his coming in an entirely different light. I totally agree with you and have thought the same for years (I felt that I had been duped also) that there is a different meaning and that perhaps Jesus is not "the end all" as Christianity teaches but just the beginning! He was the milk!

Perhaps the coming would be a woman and not a man! She would both fulfill the sin or curse of Eve and represent Mary his mother and perhaps Mary his wife!

I personally commend you on your thinking!

Text

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Same question, Jesus ascended, think about this, a man suspended in the air, where can he go?
******God has 11 dimensions or more of time and space compared to our measly 4. One dimension is a massive difference. They can exist near us and we would never know. They can get inside of us and we would never know.....this is how this universe works. God has more dimensions that Satan and Satan has more dimensions than us. God, can be closer to you than anyone in your family and know what your heart is really feeling better than you. It is not of this world or this dimension. They can dwell in us as well will dwell in his dimension upon death and if we take Jesus Christ as Savior. God is not scattered, he knows what each and every human being on the face of this planet is feeling and thinking all at the same time through his holy spirit.....he sends angels to earth as guides. Angels can take human form...by the way.

reply to post by debris765nju

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"My point was more to discredit religion"

Religion, which Jesus Christ never liked, has discredited itself, by going along with instead of opposing "the world", because the world is Satanic. We are in Babylon right now! Do you see the idol worship? the self importance? the Money worship? the excessive sex? how about the sacrifices? Can you point any or all of them out?

I understand your incredulity towards the frauds posing as religious. For example I'll point out that these so-called religious folks, openly give homage to PAGAN rituals, such as easter and christmas and holloween, and yet never address it as PAGAN, and the masses who attend don't even know what they are doing, otherwise, they wouldn't attend!

The Jews have the holidays spot on. There are only 7 of them and the Christians have the King James Bible spot on, but most of the preachers you see on tv, are not the genuine article.

However, there is no fraud in the Bible. the Lord is not the author of confusion, but man is, as well as, men who are deceived.

It is very difficult to be a Christian in Babylon, the peer pressure to conform is very hard to deal with, without a solid understanding of "The Word".

Here is a video you may enjoy even as an atheist. The Professor is a former atheist;

Just another man?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As we look forward to our Lord's coming, let us be careful to not get caught up in any false gospel. Jesus said he is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me. (Sorry I don't have my Bible with me to give you the reference).

We know that in the end times there will be many antichrists who will preach a different gospel. It's important to stand with the truth, and ask for true interpretation through the Holy Spirit. It could be quite easy to be caught up in something that is half-truth mixed with lies. That is Satan's domain.

I'm not saying any of you are doing that at all. I just wanted to remind everyone what has been said about the end times, and that we should remain always vigilent about that which we are taught and that which we believe.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ogre14t

Since you prefer science and reality, you may find these quite interesting;

flood

Google Video Link

Bones in stones

Google Video Link

seems to be an anomaly here, I loaded 2 links only 1 showing

enjoy...

[edit on 6-4-2008 by toasted]

*Fixed video link

[edit on 8-4-2008 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Christ will in now way return with in the next 200 years. And if he does I'm pretty sure he'll give us a second chance!!! It would be very un Christ like if he didn't. And yes, the way to heaven is through him, it does seem that there are people who are finding heaven with out going through him so he is not the only way he is just one of the ways to heaven. So those of you who arrent christiand venture out and find heaven...... I have.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by the basset hound]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
She (The woman washing Jesus' feet) created him by birth, and now worships his feet

As far as Jesus having his feet washed, In once Gospel it speaks of a woman who had lived a life of sin washing Jesus' feet. In another it say that Lazarus' sister Mary washed Jesus' feet. Perhaps these are two seperate instances, or perhaps Mary (the brother of Lazarus) was a woman who had lived a life of sin. Either way it doesn't appear that Jesus' mother washed his feet. I don't believe Judas would have been so bold as to rebuke Jesus' mother with Jesus sitting right there. That would be beyone rude in any culture. It wasn't Jesus' mother.

Read for yourself Luke 7:37 and John 12:1-3

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"Christ will in now way return with in the next 200 years."
****It clearly says in the Bible that there will be one Rapture for the souls on Earth that have taken Christ as their savior. Then the rest have to go through very terrible times, but, those left behind, will have an opportunity to be saved but it will be under horrible persecution. After 7 years of dealing with the Anti-Christ, Jesus will return and set up the 1,000 years for the souls taken in the Rapture and the souls that were persecuted during the Tribulations. That is it......no more chances after one was life behind the first time. You can't remake and intellectualize the Bible and commands, guidance, or Prophesy made by Jesus. No second chances......except through the tribulations soon to come.

"it does seem that there are people who are finding heaven with out going through him so he is not the only way he is just one of the ways to heaven."
*****Okay so, have you talked to anyone that recently died and found their way to Heaven without being saved by jesus? I would say no. There is no ONE, not one that made it to Heaven without Jesus. NO ONE. Don't be fooled by man with the New Age Religions. Robert Shueller, Copeland, Joel Osteen, Bishop Pearson and lately, Billy Graham are falling away from the true teachings of the Bible......they are teaching the New Age thinking which is of Satan. Otherwise, Jesus died and suffered for nothing for that period. He was resurrected for those that believe on him......that they will be saved. and no other.

******Those that are dead from the Birth of Jesus, to now, are asleep in Christ and will see Heaven when the Rapture has happened, which is yet to come. The resurrection of the dead is the main subject of 1 Corinthians 15. It covers our Lord Christ's resurrection, how It applies to those who are now "asleep" in Christ Jesus, and for how those still alive at Christ's coming are "changed", at the "twinkling of an eye".

Some Bible interpreters believe that there will be no second chance for salvation after the Rapture. However, there is no place in the Bible which says this or even hints to it. There will be many people who come to Christ during the Tribulation. The 144,000 Jewish witnesses (Revelation 7:4) are Jewish believers. If no one can come to Christ during the Tribulation, then why are people being beheaded for their faith (Revelation 20:4)? No passage of Scripture argues against people having a second chance after the Rapture. Many passages indicate the opposite.

A variation of this argument is that those who have heard the Gospel and rejected it before the Rapture cannot be saved, but those who had not heard the Gospel before the rapture can be saved. There is also no biblical justification for this view. Granted, most who were hard-hearted toward the Gospel before the Rapture are likely to remain so. The Antichrist will deceive many (Matthew 24:5). Many will believe the lies (2 Thessalonians 2:11). At the same time, there is no scriptural evidence that those who rejected the Gospel before the Rapture have no opportunity for salvation after the Rapture.

In fact, there is ample evidence of the opposite. The fifth seal judgment of Revelation 6:9-11 describes the souls of those martyred during the Tribulation “because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained.” They will correctly interpret what they see going on around them during the Tribulation, calling on people to repent and believe the Gospel. The Antichrist and his followers will not tolerate this and will kill them. These are people who must have been alive before the Rapture, but who were not believers until afterward. Therefore, there will be opportunity to come to Christ after the Rapture.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am rapture deficient. So I really can't comment on that part.

All I know is, before He shows, all will be known, nothing that was hidden will remain hidden and after He brings in the New Jerusalem, the old world will pass away and be forgotten. If there is room in there for a last chance, I don't know.

And lastly, I think we are very close to the end, not weeks, but a few years.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
"I am rapture deficient. So I really can't comment on that part."

*****If it makes you feel any better....
We are all "Rapture deficient". As a matter of fact, even Jesus Christ doesn't know when. Just like you said, it doesn't really matter in the first place. We take Jesus as our personal savior, it can come anytime and it won't make a bit of difference.

There are sound theological reasons why God keeps the timing of the Rapture secret. But He has given us plenty of evidence about His character to prevent us from being taken by surprise at the end of the Age. "If this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue Godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the Day of Judgment" (2 Ptr. 2:9). He commands us to watch, as if we're expecting Him, and wait as if we know the time is at hand. Only the pre-trib rapture view fulfills the Doctrine of Imminence; the any moment return of the Lord He told us to expect.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

www.raptureready.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Let me make one thing clear. The rapture is not pre-trib as you think it is. I have scripture to back it up. Matthew 24, better known as the Olivet Prophecy in verses 29-31.

"29: Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

30: Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31: And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

Basically saying that after the tribulation he will call on all the faithful, living and dead to join him as he readies the great battle of Armageddon.

Even before this was said in the Olivet Prophecy, Jesus spoke in verse 9:

9: "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake."

We will all have to go through the tribulation. What Jesus says is that those of us who are faithful to him and live by His teachings will be saved from God's wrath.... but not from Satan's wrath. Christians will be persicuted for His name's sake. The rapture is post-trib. The whole idea of a pre-trib rapture never existed until the 19th century when a few protestant groups started throwing the idea around. It caught great popularity with Tim Lahaye and his "Left Behind" series of books. They are great books but they are also fiction. The word, "rapture" isn't even mentioned in the english translation of the Bible. It is a word taken from the latin bible because of the word, "rapatua" which translates, "to meet up in the sky".

The famous verses in the new testiment that glorify the rapture is in 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 13 - 18.

"13: But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
14: For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15: For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
16: For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17: The we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
18: Therefore comfort one another with these words."

Paul is basically telling the thessalonians this to comfort them. They were worried that the people who die before the return of Christ will not inherit his kingdom. Paul reassures them that the dead will rise first and then those of us left after the tribulation will join them to be with Jesus forever. That passage proves a rapture.... just not a pre-trib rapture. Jesus said it in the Olivet Prophecy that his elect will be called to the sky AFTER the tribulation. Anyone want to prove that it's a pre-trib rapture? Tim Lahaye even admits the fact that he's researching the possibility of a pre-trib rapture. That means, he has no evidence to back up the theory. Remember, this idea of pre-trib rapture never even started until the 19th century with a few protestant churches in America. We will all have to suffer the tribulation because we are all sinners. Being right with God only protects you from his wrath on the anti-christ non-believers and blind in faith.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
"We will all have to suffer the tribulation because we are all sinners. Being right with God only protects you from his wrath on the anti-christ non-believers and blind in faith."

******its either mid-trib or pre-trib. In most all cases, God's people did not go through God's wrath or judgment. Granted it does appear to be mid-trib. However, we are not all sinners once one accepts Jesus Christ.

eply to post by Locoman8

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

How do you get "mid-trib" out of all that? The rapture starts with God's two witnesses who lie in the streets dead in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days until the breath of life comes in them and they are joined in the sky with Jesus. Then the dead in christ will rise. Then those of us who survive the tribulation will join together. The two witnesses testify for the entire 1260 days of tribulation. Being right with God protects you from his plagues. You can still die at the hands of persecution like the apostles of the early church of God. Scripture gives no indication of a pre or mid-trib rapture. Just read the passages I wrote above. Matthew 24 says it all, from the words of Jesus himself. Also read my new thread on this topic, "The truth behind "The Rapture"".

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting........very interesting......

reply to post by Locoman8

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What do you find interesting? Do you finally see what I'm talking about? My point on that was that people need to just read the bible and stop listening or reading things that people make up. Stop following doctrines that don't even apply to the bible like the Nicene Creed and other church doctrines that use the traditions of men instead of the traditions of God. I'm not saying you do tgambill, but people in general need to actually read the bible for what it actually says.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'll be quiet on that one.......absolutely right. Boy oh boy are many clergy in for a surprise.........the turning of the church is the one thing that will be the final piece for the turn of events........

I agree with you here....thanks.

Tom

reply to post by Locoman8

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
" ****It clearly says in the Bible that there will be one Rapture for the souls on Earth that have taken Christ as their savior. "

Where exactly does it say that?

I just did a search, here;

KJV

I found nothing. And like I said previously, "the rapture" is not something I've paid a lot of attention to.

As far as I can tell, it is not really sound doctrine. It's not scriptural.

And if I recall correctly, it was an invention of the jesuits, FWIW.

But I'm open to learning something, if you can convince me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join