It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe the "return of Christ" won't be a physical man returning to earth but instead, a flood of knowledge, love, awareness, and service to others as opposed to service to self.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

Well, here's a scenario for you: Jesus does return as he said he would in the clouds where all could see him..and lands on the whitehouse lawn in his spaceship. He declares he is the son of god from the bible, produced by the union of the alien dna of his advanced race and human dna through Mary, his earthly mother as was stated in the bible. He taught truth, was killed, resurrected, and ascended into the spaceship 2000 years ago as was the plan, to advance our human race spiritually and prepare it for it's inclusion and acceptance into the universal community. And as he predicted, those opposed at the time of his return would perish while the rest would remain and flourish in a new heaven on earth in a world of peace, prosperity, and brotherhood as was prophesied.

Now, as a christian, would i be upset? No. Would i be pleased? Absolutely. Is it plausible? Indeed it is. The bible says so.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by VenusOnTheHalfShell]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe we can't see him yet because we have not awoken yet. Maybe it ties in with 2012 and thats the year we will awaken and be able to see him. We will become closer to our original selves and become more of what we are supposed to be instead of just flesh humans.
Maybe the whole 4th demension thing is us just awakening to the universe, unlocking more of our brain/dna to be able to percieve that which was always around us but in a more complex form. I'm thinking then is when all will be able to see him. He won't have to be right in front of you but you will almost in a like visionary type of thing be able to just see him and know and maybe thats how we will live out are existance.
I believe everything.. every cultures profits and prophecies and doomsday calendar stuff and the awakending and the bible all coorelates to eachother.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenusOnTheHalfShell

Well, he's a scenario for you: Jesus does return as he said he would in the clouds where all could see him..and lands on the whitehouse lawn in his spaceship. He declares he is the son of god, produced by the union the alien dna of his advanced race and human dna through Mary, his earthly mother as was stated in the bible. He was killed, resurrected, and ascended into the spaceship 2000 years ago as was the plan, to advance our human race spiritually and prepare it for it's inclusion and acceptance into the universal community. And as he predicted, those opposed would perish while the rest would remain and flourish in a new heaven on earth in a world of peace, prosperity, and brotherhood as was prophesied.

Now, as a christian, would i be upset? No. Would i be pleased? Absolutely. Is it plausible? Indeed it is. The bible says so.

Correct, the ship is 'New Jerusalem', and in 2010 he will give special gifts and awaken those who Believe in him. Those who follow the negative spiritual path of service to self will remain here in hell while Jesus saves his Fallen Angels from his servant, the lord of the underworld.
Open Your Heart, Believe

[edit on 15-3-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
as much as i don't want to admit it, i do agree somewhat with the OP that we in modern times have become so conditioned with the thought of lunacy towards supernatural things, that he may indeed be thrown in a nut house if he came back. also the bible says that he will return just as he left, but how are we supposed to know what he looked or sounded like when he left. all we know is that he was a jew with long hair and a beard, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

I've never thought of it that way, but hell that actually seems pretty plausible and more realistic than what we are taught through regular religious teachings. it would make sense in the fact that humans were not complex enough mentally to comprehend something like that two thousand years ago. nice thinking outside the box.. star for you

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How can someone come back who never existed in the first place?
The whole superstition called religion (ANY religion!) caused more horrors than anything else. One would think that after a certain level of development and intelligence this irrational belief would go away by itself...

Here a quote which is as true today as it was over 2200 years ago when it was first said by a greek philosopher:

If God is willing to end suffering but not able, he is not omnipotent.
If he is able to end suffering but not willing, he is malevolent.
If he is both willing and able to end suffering, Whence cometh evil?
If he is neither willing nor able to end suffering, Why call him God?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
To Lemetre:

God himself has experienced heaven and hell, and NOW it is our turn.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good thing God is willing and able -John 3:16

I think it's people that are the ones who are not willing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by theendisnear69
very true.

He's not coming back but people will keep following him

That's False.

He's already back and no one is following him. That's the truth.

yes he is. I am here. A video will be announced soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

Thanks for posting on topic.
This is not my thread, but I feel like I have a little invested in it.

As for the people who "know everything" remember what jesus said, "When I return, as the Messiah....." he would judge the world.
That does not mean thet he could not return in a different role than the ender of civilization.
He says do not seek me out in the secret places.
That does not mean that he is not in a secret place.
If he was hiding, that would be because he wants to be hidden, just like the time he spent in Egypt.
So, I remain unchallenged, as to the prophesy of the men in white.
This was meant to be understood in the most literal of ways, unlike most of the other references in the bible of Christ's return.
If you knew everything, like you think you do, you would know that Jesus was in Jerusalem, before its fall to the Romans.
He prophesyed of it during his life, and it was actualy fulfilled in the most literal way possible.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

My thought on all of this?

LOL, maybe you are Jesus Christ returned. You are scoping out your possibilities with the keen folks on ATS before you do the whole cloud appearance bit.

Now with that said, you just haven't figured out spell check yet on the computer as somebody pointed out, and already crucified you for!

Just imagine, Jesus Christ returned could really be just about anyone!

LOL, maybe we should all treat each other better, and that includes me!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It donest matter about how I speak or how i write friend.
I will not be in the clouds. I am choosing those who seek me not those who need me.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't think when Christ returns you're going to have time to sit around and think about who he is.

He will return as a thief in the night (at a time least expected) so, in essence, you should be prepared at any time.

And, we'll know it when we see it. Study Revelation. There won't be time for you to wonder if he is who he is or not. He is the "I AM THAT I AM".
Your response at that time won't mean a hill of beans. Get prepared now.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
he can come anywere, on anything. he is here already, he will be seen to all eyes. trust me on this, he is here

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I believe that if a figure like the Jesus of the bible comes to be, he will be a humble being with a very common life and any miracles will look related to anything else but him.

Plain and simple human being.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
It donest matter about how I speak or how i write friend.
I will not be in the clouds. I am choosing those who seek me not those who need me.

That was my entire point. It shouldn't matter how anybody speaks, or how a person writes on this forum. Personally, I could care less as long as the point is clear. Not everyone who posts on ATS has English as a first language.

Is there something you would like to tell us, deathpoet69?

What makes you qualifed to choose people?

What if a person on earth had never heard of you, wouldn't know to seek you for that reason, but needed you?

Do you turn a blind eye to people like that?

That is sort of mean, in my opinion, if you do!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Nobody even responded to such a magnificant testimony. I almost envy you, but not in that way, you know, in the way of how blessed you all must be that God gave you a glimpse into a time long ago, the most important time in all of history really, the birth of our Savior!

See that's why after I understood what Michael the arch angel was saying I tended to agree with him, no matter who he claims to be, it isn't my placing to even say yay or nay about his persona. When Yahshua ascended into Heaven, he gave us the Holy Comforter, so yes He's here and I do see Him, through His Word, there is nothing wrong with that.

But just like another poster stated, it's that fear of what Yahshua said to be leary of not believing all signs and all men for many false christs and prophets would arise and deceive many. That's where discernment comes in. I'll admit I'm not 100% fully all knowing, I doubt and believe, but whenever there is some doubt, I take it to the Head of the family, Yahshua and pray about it.

Anyway, I'm honoured that you shared your experience with us here and have no reason to doubt you at all, because the love you have for Him flows through all of your words.

Blesses!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

There isn't such a thing as "blind faith" because you have no faith if you're blind and if you're blind you do not have faith... It literally means nothing and is a term used too much and is annoying... If you are referring to someone who has no faith or is blind then that has nothing to do with common sense either... In fact I believe you have nothing to base your opinion off of and don't really know what you're talking about...

All you are doing is expressing your opinion... I thought that wasn't allowed here on ATS...? Being as opinionated as this is, in my opinion it should be removed...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I believe that if a figure like the Jesus of the bible comes to be, he will be a humble being with a very common life and any miracles will look related to anything else but him.

Plain and simple human being.

I am plain and simple

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join