It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father shows 'how to kill' by stabbing cat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Father shows 'how to kill' by stabbing cat

www.upi.com

MUNCIE, Ind., March 14 (UPI) -- A Muncie, Ind., man is facing charges of animal cruelty and dependent neglect after his children said he stabbed the family cat to show them "how to kill."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
WOW! Is this what we are coming to? This is unbelievable. Why would this guy want to show his kid 'how to kill' in the first place?
This is disgraceful. I think animal cruelty is the least of the charges he should face.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It makes you wonder just what sort of mindset some people have. I don't think I could ever bring myself to stab one of my pets, even to put them out of their misery if they got involved in an accident.
That is disgusting.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yech... this isnt even news worthy. I wouldnt mind censorship if it were targeted against stories such as this... its not even worth knowing or having knowlegde of.

Call me naive, but id rather be ignorant than illuminated in such topics.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The kids smeared ketchup on a knife and hid the cat to make it look like they killed it, but their father allegedly found it under a bed and stabbed it anyway, the Press-Star reported

This is so sad. The kids having to fake something like that to appease their father. Thank god they're in the custody of their grandparents. What a horrible thing these kids had to be witness to. I hope the grandparents get the appropriate help for these kids so we don't see them years down the road teaching their own kids these kinds of things..

Michelle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That's pretty sick and to think that the children went so far as to think up a charade to fool their father.

The kids smeared ketchup on a knife and hid the cat to make it look like they killed it, but their father allegedly found it under a bed and stabbed it anyway, the Press-Star reported.

www.upi.com...

They must have been terrified.

To do that to children goes far beyond "dependent neglect."

To a child, that is terrorism.

[edit on 2008/3/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of the guy who tazed his 18 mo. old son to 'make him tough' for the purposes of being a cage fighter.

And as much as it pains me to say this, I think that the massively growing popularity of the UFC and mixed martial arts are helping to influence this behaviour. I don't think the UFC is to blame, or should be pulled by any means, but I DO think that this goes to show the mental health and education status of our country.

Of course, I do expect to hear many more of these types of stories in the near future, and I do expect the possibility of people starting to publicly blame things like cage fighting, etc., when it's our massive lack of education and mental health resources TRULY to blame.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Isn't this the fourth story of cruelty to cats this week?
Stomped and burned..
Put through a washing machine
Feral cats worth 5 bucks a head
Now a guy teaches his kids to kill using the family cat.

Isn't halloween months away? Or are the Satanists taking over?
My god...
I have 8 cats...and wouldn't think to harm one of them. Ever.
Iam disgusted completely right now.
Not to mention the fact that his parental skills are DEFINITELY questionable.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This guy is one in thousands who needs to have his stuff cut off so that they can never have kids. There are way to many irresponsible kids and adults having children and they have no idea how to raise them correctly.
I just don't get it. My mind can't even comprehend the thought process in this mans head. He needs to go to jail for a long time and his kids need to be kept away from him. To put that kind of image in your child's mind is horrific and sick.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It is utterly disgusting. Goes hand in hand with this:

Taser dart hits infant in hand

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An infant was hit in the hand by a Taser fired by a bounty hunter, but apparently not shocked, when the child's mother used the infant as a shield, police said.

Taser hits infant
Why people like this are allowed to have kids is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Yech... this isnt even news worthy. I wouldnt mind censorship if it were targeted against stories such as this... its not even worth knowing or having knowlegde of.

That mentality isn't exactly Deny Ignorance kosher, no.

Out of sight, out of mind eh? That's the reason we have such inhumane institutions, such as factory farming and most slaughter houses. The worse crimes are the ones that look the ugliest... if we all shared your approach, evil would be much much more prevelant.

This article is ugly, but I feel it's my moral duty to keep myself knowledgeable.

[edit on 103131p://14u59 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
This reminds me of the guy who tazed his 18 mo. old son to 'make him tough' for the purposes of being a cage fighter.

I think he was teaching him how to be a serial-killer, wether he knew it or not.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
It is utterly disgusting. Goes hand in hand with this:

Taser dart hits infant in hand

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An infant was hit in the hand by a Taser fired by a bounty hunter, but apparently not shocked, when the child's mother used the infant as a shield, police said.

Taser hits infant
Why people like this are allowed to have kids is beyond me.

I've always thought you were one of the most paranoid people on here, but I can see now that there is a bit of an NWO streak in you after all!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This world is full of barbarians, they're all over the place. Shocking news is just rolling in everyday, and each gets worse.
What kind of mind could do something like this? I 'm afraid this man was just more than killing the family cat, he was sending a signal that he could do the same to the kids.
I beleive that is the message to those poor little kids here.

How sad!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm not going to lie, I saw the headline and laughed

Then I read the arcticle

Then I felt really bad

Now I'm kinda sad...

It doesn't even make sense...cats arn't exactly simlar to humans in shape and placement of vital organs. I mean you can stab a cat anywhere...wow I guess logic is a moot point when you reach this level.

Poor kids...poor poor cat...

Seriously...what in gods name was he thinking. "The kids will thank me in 10 years when they get cornered by a gang of alley cats"

I say, take him out back, give him two in the head, help out the gene pool.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
another case of maddness

i dont know why im always amazed by human cruelty.
m x

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous

It doesn't even make sense...cats arn't exactly simlar to humans in shape and placement of vital organs. I mean you can stab a cat anywhere...wow I guess logic is a moot point when you reach this level.

Basically yeah.

The only thing I can think is that the father was just trying to instill the primal killing instinct into the children. Which is totally sick and twisted

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

That mentality isn't exactly Deny Ignorance kosher, no.

Out of sight, out of mind eh? That's the reason we have such inhumane institutions, such as factory farming and most slaughter houses. The worse crimes are the ones that look the ugliest... if we all shared your approach, evil would be much much more prevelant.

This article is ugly, but I feel it's my moral duty to keep myself knowledgeable.

[edit on 103131p://14u59 by Lucid Lunacy]

I know it was intellectual surrender on my part

I just prefer to use my brain on other issues which i can affect, and things that interest me, and of those which better humanity.

Sometimes, embracing ignorance is the greatest form of denying it. Case in point- there are better things to know than the lyrics to a 50 cent rap... why not spend time reading about the recent discoveries on Tethys instead?

We only have so much time on this earth as humans- isnt it better to use it wisely rather than dwell on the inevitable brutality of mankind?

Edit: You also mentioned that evil would be much more prevalent if we didnt know about these kinds of incidents. Im not so sure thats true in this case. Are you saying if we had not read this then fathers across the land would have gone around stabbing cats?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Edit: You also mentioned that evil would be much more prevalent if we didnt know about these kinds of incidents. Im not so sure thats true in this case. Are you saying if we had not read this then fathers across the land would have gone around stabbing cats?

Of course not.

If you choose plastic over paper at the groccery store, the tree is still dead

What I am saying is simple: how can we ever tackle evil at its source if we don't know anything about the evil. Naturally, we are not going to know anything about it if we turn the other way and 'see no evil, hear no evil'.

I understand what you're saying. Perhaps there truly was nothing that could have been done to prevent this. I was just speaking in general; and that is, I don't think anything good comes from willfully choosing ignorance. *i don't mean to sound insulting*

[edit on 053131p://15u46 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Who would do a sick, vile, disgusting thing like stab a poor defenseless kitty to teach their innocent children a primordial rage to kill.

For heavens sake, with the subprime crisis there's homeless people everywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join