It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage be Legal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The point is just not getting through. Ocelot, you are making it seem that being gay is a bad thing. I'm not gay , I hope none of my kids are gay, not because of what I think, just because of society, their lives will be easier, if they are I will love them no less.

No Im not making it seem like being gay is bad. I've always defended gays. The point I was trying to make is that people who hate gays are just ignorant. I know many gay people. Hell even my hair stylist is gay and is the funniest person I know. And also I wouldn't mind having a gay son or daughter. I would love them just the same.

link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
RIGHTS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GIVEN OR TAKEN BY GOVERNMENTS. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTED BY THEM, TO ENSURE ALL PEOPLE, AT SOME LEVEL ARE EQUAL.

Bravo *clap* *clap* Bravo.

link   

Sorry Mojom, I'm a lazy bastard, could I get a Readers Digest version of that?

Hating gays is bad.......UMMMMKAYYYY

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
RIGHTS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GIVEN OR TAKEN BY GOVERNMENTS. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTED BY THEM, TO ENSURE ALL PEOPLE, AT SOME LEVEL ARE EQUAL.

Couldn't have said it better myself. *claps*

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is your Queen! Stop outting the homophobes! They just get defencive and it never ends! I HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
^Does that include DaRAGE?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It seems that we are more enlightened than society. That's a good thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Yes! Stop telling the homophobes that they are gay!!! It may be true but, it just causes drama!!! Drama is bad!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DramaQueen

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Yes! Stop telling the homophobes that they are gay!!! It may be true but, it just causes drama!!! Drama is bad!!!

Ok, I'll stop calling the homophobes gay then. We don't need any more drama on the board.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Drama may be bad but your avatar, DQ, is smokin'.

link   

It seems that we are more enlightened than society. That's a good thing.

I dont know about that we have talked about around here in my little one horse town and most dont really care one way or another, they have other problems than someone elses sex life

link   

Sorry Mojom, I'm a lazy bastard, could I get a Readers Digest version of that?

Sure, but it will still cost you the normal monthly price you'd pay at the newsstands. *BTW, when the check clears, only then will you recieve your purchase. Not cause I don't trust you, but because I need the money!*

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Drama may be bad but your avatar, DQ, is smokin'.

Thank you! Your complement has pleased your Queen. I've been using a thigh master.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Genetic tampering and genetic breeding is a can of worms that all of society needs to consider and not just a few special interest groups.

Who is backing this? I am not. I dont understand what this part has to do with gays getting married.

What? you need to get out more often dude.

Gays do not want to adopt others unwanted kids as you suggest. They want some artifically created child using both their dna if at all possible. This will be their next demand once they have full equality. If they get this new 'test-tube' kid tech going and socially acceptable, it will have dire consequences for the very 'nature' of humanity. You should look ahead and see what I am saying here. Sure equality sounds like a good idea but there is discrimination all over society that is considered legitimate.

When is the last time someone went to a job interview and there was not discrimination? what I mean is they only picked one person did they not? They didn't say that since all of you show an interest in this position and have we believe the required skills then we will hire you all instead of one person we prefer? Society discriminates everyday in many ways that people here do not see and admit to and it does it for LOGICAL reasons.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I've been using a thigh master.

If you run out of things to wrap them around let me know

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I guess so I have never heard of this Gay conspiricy to take over the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There was a Jeff Parker in my local newspaper today that hit the issue good. I cant find it online, itll probaly be on his website in a few days. jeff parker Florida Today
The cartoon has 2 guys discussing the issue and one said "Oh yeah? Well my third wife's stepmother is a congressman's mistress, and he says it's an insult to the sanctity of marriage!!"

The biggest issue is a gay couple still has to check single on their income tax stuff and have to pay more taxes.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I guess so I have never heard of this Gay conspiricy to take over the world.

WTF? where did I say that?

What I am saying is don't hand something to somebody because you want to be nice and not consider the consequences of what you are doing.

Would you hand the car keys to a 14 year old without a drivers license just because they are too lazy to walk? I wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

I want to know if it is a natural biological aberration or a psychological condition.

There is strong evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a result of a number of different biological factors that occur while the mother is pregnant with the child.

Alterations of sex hormone levels during pre- or perinatal sexual brain organization - [responsible for long-term changes of gonadotropin secretion, sexual orientation, and gender role behavior - can be caused by:

1. Genetic effects, i.e. mutations or polymorphisms of

a) 21-hydroxylase genes on chromosome 6,
b) b) 3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase genes in chromosome 1 or
c) c) X-chromosomal genes, and

2. Epigenetic effects, such as

a) stressful situations - especially in combination with mutations - and
b) endocrine disrupters, e.g. the pesticide DDT and its metabolites, which display estrogenic, anti-androgenic, and inhibitory effects on the enzyme 3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase leading to increased levels of dehydroepiandrosterone and its sulfate as precursors of endogenous androgens and estrogens.

In connection with the introduction and extensive use of the pesticide DDT, the following findings were obtained in subjects born before as compared to those born during this period:

1. The prevalence of patients with polycystic ovaries (PCO), idiopatic oligospermia (IO), and transsexualism (TS) increased significantly (about 3 - 4 fold).

2. Partial 21-hydroxylase deficiencies were observed in most patients with PCO and TS and some patients with IO born before this period.

3. In contrast, most patients with PCO and TS and several patients with IO born during the period of massive use of DDT displayed clearly increased plasma levels of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) and DHEA-S/cortisol ratios suggesting partial 3-hydroxsteroid dehydrogenase (3-HSD) deficiencies. Interestingly enough, geneticists could not find any mutations of 3-HSD genes in such subjects. However, o,p-DDT and/or its metabolite o,p-DDD are strong inhibitors of 3-HSD, indicating their possible co-responsibility for such life-long ontogenetic alterations. Finally, some data suggest that endocrine disrupters may also be able to affect the development of sexual orientation.

Sexual brain organization is dependent on sex hormone levels occurring during critical developmental
periods.
Sex centers responsible for gonadotropin
secretion are organized by estrogens, mating centers controlling sexual orientation are organized by
androgens and estrogens, and gender role centers
responsible for gender role behavior are only organized
by androgens
(Drner et al., 1987). Furthermore,
the organization periods for sex-specifi c gonadotropin
secretion, sexual orientation, and gender role
behavior are overlapping, but not identical. Thus,
specifi c combinations and dissociations in variations
of sex-specifi c gonadotropin secretions, sexual orientation, and gender role behavior are possible.
www.nel.edu...
So, it appears that it may, in fact, be an inborn trait afterall. There is far more evidence to support this, than there is to support the idea that it is a voluntary choice.

Also, what can you offer in the way of conclusive evidence that you are born straight? Scientists still do not understand the physiological link between stimuli and erections in men. They know how the mechanical aspects function but they don't know why. There is also the matter of pheromones. That is the unnoticeable scent that subconsciously attracts us to each other. Gay men appear to have the same instinctive attraction to guys as girls do, and visa-versa for lesbians. I suppose that you don't believe in the natural attraction caused by pheromones either though.

One more thing, can you provide some credible evidence to validate your claim that gay couples want to artificially create their own children? This idea sounds like a bad sci-fi movie to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Mojom wrote:

Also, if procreation is in such immediate trouble, why not go after anyone who is celebate?

How many people do you know that are celebate?? A couple of monks in tibet is all I know. Even most strict catholics now have sex before marriage. I even reckon many reasons why men turn gay is because their sex drive is so strong and when women aren't attracted to them or they can't get laid they look to the same similar horny sex to get their thrills, thus quenching their sexual desires and promoting this ideology of what you call homosexuality. One a science program on TV I watched a few years ago doctors said people were born as homosexuals. That's bull$hit. It depends on many other factors of how they get to this desperate stage, some I have mentioned above already. Other reasons are similar to why people become gothics and dress up as withces, or punks, or homies. They feel a sense of identity, carefree and freedom, e.g. its all in their head, PSYCHOLOGICAL!! Anything psychological can be cured over time and with the correct remedies. These things are just a frame of mind. As for the fact of homosexuals destroying the population of the world DYKES are the worst!!! I can't believe you haven't figured this out yet. If women are marrying women, there are less women for men, thus less women for men to mate and multiply with. If women are marrying themselves, snatching male sperm and making their own children then as long as they have more girls than boys there will be a problem. It could even get to the stage where there are 10 lesbian couples using one males sperm, just keeping him in the lurch. As for the psychological damage to the children!! $hit!! Having 2 dykes as a mother and father. Get serious mate!! How cruel can you be. I dread to think of what your children would be like if they were raised like this. It's inhumane. Children are entitled to a fair, normal, chance at life and should at least have a chance to be accepted with their peers. Added to the fact that the 'supplementary' father (the other dyke) doesn't have natural male insticts, or the genetic attitude or mind to be a father will leave the male or female child growing up in a more feminine way which is bad if you are a male child.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join